- Back to School: 10 POV Films About Education
Go back to school with these 10 documentaries about education.
- Featured Event: 'Dance for Me' at the Cultural Center at the Opera House
Join the Cultural Center at the Opera House for a screening of “Dance for Me” on August 15 at 8pm.
- 9 Films and Resources to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month
Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month by screening POV films by and about Latinx-Americans.
- PBS Annual Meeting Discussion Highlight: “Making Independent Films Work For Your Station” with Jamie Annunzio Myers – PBS So Cal
The fourth installment in a four-part series highlighting case studies of PBS station engagement with independent documentaries from this year’s PBS Annual Meeting.
- On The 20th Anniversary Of The POV Broadcast of 'In Whose Honor?'
Twenty years ago, on July 15, 1997, at precisely 8pm Central time, I took my dog out for a walk.
- Adults Living with Down Syndrome Strive for Independence in ‘The Grown-Ups,’ Airing September 4, 2017 on POV
Legal limitations on conscious adults come to light in The Grown-Ups, a glimpse into the lives of adults in Chile living with Down syndrome from director Maite Alberdi.
- A Triumphant Portrait of Three Young Men with Autism—‘Swim Team,’ Airing October 2, 2017 on POV
A coming-of-age story that shows how sports transcend disabilities
- The Journey from Boys to Men in 'Raising Bertie,' Airing Monday, August 28 on POV
An intimate portrait of three African-American young men coming of age in rural North Carolina, executive produced by J. Cole.
- The Films to Watch From TIFF 2017's Documentary Slate
The power packed documentary slate of 2017’s Toronto International Film Festival.
- Featured Event: 'The Grown-Ups' at the Portland Public Library
Join the Portland Public Library for a free screening of The Grown-Ups at 6:30 p.m. on August 3, 2017.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Memories of a Penitent Heart'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘Memories of a Penitent Heart.’
- Critical Acclaim for 'Shalom Italia' and 'Joe's Violin'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘Shalom Italia’ and ‘Joe’s Violin.’
- POV Nominated for 12 News & Documentary Emmy Awards
POV (Point of View), American television’s longest-running independent documentary series on PBS, has received 12 nominations for the 2017 News & Documentary Emmy® Awards
- Featured Event: 'Soldiers of Conscience' at the Avalon Branch Library
Join the Avalon Branch Library for a free screening of “Soldiers of Conscience” on July 26, 2017.
- The Intimacy and Intersectionality of 'Memories of a Penitent Heart'
Cecilia Aldarondo talks about the importance of intimacy when telling a story, especially in a way that embraces what intersectionality should look like on screen.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Presenting Princess Shaw'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘Presenting Princess Shaw.’
- Three Classic Documentaries from the POV Archive to Watch in 2017
‘The End of the Nightstick,’ ‘Rabbit in the Moon,’ and ‘William Kunstler: Disturbing the Universe’ are available at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- POV to Feature Short in Sixth Annual PBS Online Film Festival
POV’s short ‘Our Voices Are Rarely Heard’ is among those featured in this year’s festival