- Enter the Edit: Developing Mentorship in the Documentary Editing World
Leigh Johnson is in conversation with Penelope Falk, an award-winning editor with over 15 years of documentary experience.
- Enter the Edit: Activating Feelings of Immediacy and Intimacy With a Film
How to make the audience feel like they're in the moment.
- Enter the Edit: How to Navigate the Documentary Editing World
It's a tired cliche, but don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Enter the Edit: The Challenges of Being Both Director and Editor
What happens when you have to be both at the same time?
- Enter the Edit: A Crash Course On Structuring Social-Issue Documentary
Famed film editor Kim Roberts, A.C.E. shares documentary wisdom.
- Enter the Edit: A Conversation With Editor Jonathan Oppenheim
Colin Nusbaum speaks with his Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow mentor, esteemed editor Jonathan Oppenheim, about his editing process.
- Enter the Edit: 'Tough Love' with Editors Colin Nusbaum and Mary Manhardt
Editors Colin Nusbaum and Mary Manhardt break down the edit of Stephanie Wang-Breal's documentary Tough Love, premiering November 15, 2014 in New York City at DOC NYC.
- Enter the Edit: Niels Pagh Andersen and Colin Nusbaum
"There are a couple films in my career that changed me, not only as an editor, but as a human being... I think The Act of Killing absolutely is one of them." - Niels Pagh Andersen
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Leigh Johnson
In the third edition of Enter the Edit, our guide will be 2017 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Leigh Johnson.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Eileen Meyer
We're kicking off the second edition of Enter the Edit, a series exploring the regrettably underappreciated process and craft of documentary editors. Our guide will be 2016 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Eileen Meyer.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Colin Nusbaum
Get started with POV's new series delving into the craft of documentary editing with 2014 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Colin Nusbaum.
- Collaboration in the Edit Room: Maya Mumma Shares Her Co-Editing Process
Leigh Johnson is in conversation with Maya Mumma about collaborating with mutiple editors on a film.
- Featured Event: 'Don't Tell Anyone' at the Kathleen W. Ludwig Global Village Living Learning Center
Join the Center for Women in the Arts and Humanities for a free screening of 'Don't Tell Anyone' at the Kathleen W. Ludwig Global Village Living Learning Center.
- Doc Memo: Sundance Holds Its Own Women's March, 'Motherland' Enters the World's Busiest Maternity Hospital
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- How To Survive As An Assistant Editor
"Staying organized as an assistant editor is probably more like keeping a clean and organized room, apartment or house than anyone realizes." Editor Colin Nusbaum shares everything you need to know to get started as a film editor.
- The Next Generation of Documentary Filmmakers Enters College
Three college freshmen from the Class of 2017 told POV why they want to become documentary filmmakers.
- Back To School Shopping: Documentary Filmmaker Edition
A back-to-school wishlist from rising sophomore and filmmaker Matthew Seife (Little Steps).
- Community Partner Profile: 'Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawai'i
On Thursday, August 16, 2012, ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawai‘i hosted a screening of The City Dark in its planetarium. The film fascinated its members, who were introduced to the science of the dark and explored our relationship with the stars.