- Featured Event: 'The Return' at the Bellingham Human Rights Film Festival
Join the Bellingham Human Rights Film festival in Bellingham, WA for a free screening and discussion of 'The Return.'
- “Bill Nye: Science Guy” Available for Community Screenings Starting April 1
Sign up today to host a community screening of "Bill Nye: Science Guy", available April 1.
- Featured Event: 'The Islands and the Whales' at the Bitterroot Public Library
Join the Bitterroot Public Library in Hamilton, MT for a free screening of The Islands and The Whales as part of their winter narrative and documentary film series, February 14th at 6:30pm.
- 8 Documentaries to Screen for Women's History Month 2018
The theme for Women's History Month 2018 this March is "Nevertheless She Persisted"
- Featured Event: 'Raising Bertie' at the Peter White Public Library
Join the Peter White Public Library in Marquette, MI for a free screening of Raising Bertie as part of their monthly DocuMonday film series, February 5th at 7:00pm.
- Featured Event: 'From Damascus to Chicago' and '4.1 Miles' at the One Journey Festival
Come down to the One Journey Festival in Washington, DC for a free screening of 'From Damascus to Chicago' and '4.1 Miles', January 31st at 6:30pm.
- POV's 'Last Men in Aleppo' Receives Historic Academy Award® Nomination for Best Documentary Feature
First Syrian feature film to be nominated for an Academy Award.
- How POV Became Former Executive Producer Simon Kilmurry's Very Own “Film School”
In our blog’s ongoing series of former EPs writing about POV's 30th anniversary, Simon Kilmurry recalls how he first came across POV as a viewer.
- Five POV Films and Resources to Celebrate Black History Month
Celebrate and learn with five POV films for Black History Month.
- Featured Event: 'Almost Sunrise' at the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary
Join the Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary in Columbia, SC for a free screening of 'Almost Sunrise', January 17th at 6:30pm.
- 4 Tips to Making a Successful Documentary Series: Former EP Cara Mertes on POV's 30th Anniversary
What makes a successful television documentary series? Cara Mertes gives us some tips as part of our blog's ongoing series of former EPs reflecting on 30 years.
- Former Executive Producer Lisa Heller Reflects on 30 Years
The third letter in our series of letters from past executive producers for POV comes from Lisa Heller.
- Featured Event: 'The Islands and the Whales' at the Jupiter Branch Library
Join the Jupiter Branch Library in Jupiter, FL for a free screening of 'The Islands and the Whales,' December 29 at 6:30pm.
- From POV Skeptic to POV Executive Producer: Former EP Ellen Schneider Reflects on 30 Years
Continuing our series of letters from past executive producers for POV, Ellen Schneider admits her initial skepticism of the new program, and her surprise when audiences and the press alike couldn't get enough of the show's initial programming.
- POV Community Engagement and Education's Year by the Numbers
The pace of our world seemed to hit overdrive in 2017, so we're taking a moment as the year ends to celebrate our partners who did incredible work in their communities over the last 365 days.
- Featured Event: 'Dalya's Other Country' at One Journey Festival
Come to the One Journey Film Festival for a free screening of 'Dalya's Other Country,' December 15 at 6:30pm.
- How It All Began: POV Founder Marc Weiss Talks About The Series' Beginning
POV's founder and first executive producer Marc Weiss writes about the hopes and challenges of creating an entire television series dedicated to independent documentaries.
- A Poignant Follow Up to 'Almost Sunrise'
"Voices of Resilience: Insight From Injury" short film further explores moral injury