- Adults Living with Down Syndrome Strive for Independence in ‘The Grown-Ups,’ Airing September 4, 2017 on POV
Legal limitations on conscious adults come to light in The Grown-Ups, a glimpse into the lives of adults in Chile living with Down syndrome from director Maite Alberdi.
- A Triumphant Portrait of Three Young Men with Autism—‘Swim Team,’ Airing October 2, 2017 on POV
A coming-of-age story that shows how sports transcend disabilities
- The Journey from Boys to Men in 'Raising Bertie,' Airing Monday, August 28 on POV
An intimate portrait of three African-American young men coming of age in rural North Carolina, executive produced by J. Cole.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Memories of a Penitent Heart'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for 'Memories of a Penitent Heart.'
- Critical Acclaim for 'Shalom Italia' and 'Joe's Violin'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for 'Shalom Italia' and 'Joe's Violin.'
- POV Nominated for 12 News & Documentary Emmy Awards
POV (Point of View), American television’s longest-running independent documentary series on PBS, has received 12 nominations for the 2017 News & Documentary Emmy® Awards
- Critical Acclaim for 'Presenting Princess Shaw'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for 'Presenting Princess Shaw.'
- POV to Feature Short in Sixth Annual PBS Online Film Festival
POV's short 'Our Voices Are Rarely Heard' is among those featured in this year's festival
- Critical Acclaim for 'Last Men in Aleppo'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for 'Last Men in Aleppo.'
- Two Judges, Two Tribes and One Goal in 'Tribal Justice,' Monday, Airing August 21 on POV
'Tribal Justice' spotlights tribal courts that incorporate indigenous customs and beliefs into their justice systems. The film has its national broadcast premiere on the PBS documentary series POV (Point of View) on Monday, August 21, 2017.
- POV and The New York Times Close Out Embedded Mediamaker Project with Final Project on Ruby Bridges
POV and The New York Times embedded mediamaker project reached its final triumphant milestone this week as the piece “6 Years and Desegregating a School” by Bayeté Ross Smith and Logan Jaffe published in the Times.
- POV | American Documentary, Inc. Announces New Hire to Executive Produce Digital Projects
American Documentary, Inc., producers of the award-winning independent non-fiction film series POV, announced the hiring of Opeyemi Olukemi as vice president of POV's Digital Production and Innovation team.
- A Filmmaker Delves into the Secrecy Surrounding the Death of Her Uncle In 'Memories of a Penitent Heart,' Airing July 31 on POV
Like many gay men in the 1980s, Miguel moved to New York City in search of a life out of the closet. Yet in the midst of the AIDS crisis, his devout Catholic mother pressured him to repent for his homosexuality on his deathbed.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Dalya's Other Country'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for 'Dalya's Other Country.'
- POV to Spotlight Syrian and Refugee Crises in First Three Weeks of 30th Season
In a series first, following events nationwide commemorating World Refugee Day on June 20, POV’s 30th season opens with three feature films and two shorts about a single subject: the Syrian war and global refugee crisis.
- Reconciling Personal Accounts of the Holocaust in Shalom Italia, Airing July 24, 2017 on POV
Amid hearty Tuscan meals and sweeping landscapes, the octogenarians’ quest unexpectedly swells with humor and clashing memories in 'Shalom Italia.' Directed by Tamar Tal Anati, the film has its national broadcast premiere on July 24 at 10 p.m. on POV
- PBS Acquires 'Bill Nye: Science Guy'
PBS Distribution (PBSd) will release the film in theaters across the country later this year and it will have its broadcast premiere in 2018 via PBS documentary series POV.
- POV Launches Two New Tools: Interactive Bot and New Community Network Website
POV launched two digital tools in June, unveiling a multiplatform bot, the POV Assistant, as well as a redesigned Community Network and Lending Library.