- PRESS RELEASE: Hasidic Women Upend Tradition by Forming An All-Female EMT Corps in ‘93QUEEN,’ Airing September 17, 2018 on POV
'93Queen,' directed by Paula Eiselt and produced by Eiselt and Heidi Reinberg, makes its national broadcast premiere on the PBS documentary series POV and pov.org on Monday, September 17 at 10 p.m.
- PRESS RELEASE: Voices of the Sea | Contradictions of Love and Freedom in Cuban Love Story
'Voices of the Sea,' a lyrical portrait of contemporary Cuban realities, gives an intimate, meditative glimpse of a family’s dynamic way of life.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Whose Streets?'
“Whether it's the ‘best’ documentary of 2017 is a matter of opinion. But it is assuredly the most vital.”
- POV Nominated for Six News & Documentary Emmy Awards
"POV and AmRef have presented documentaries that open a new world for Americans across the country. These films—taking us from the South Korean countryside to the Faroese fisheries to the Syrian battlefields—capture perspectives spanning the globe and the human experience."
- PRESS RELEASE: Dark Money | The Haunting Truth of Corporate Spending in Politics
Your vote can be bought, but at what cost? 'Dark Money' follows local Montana journalist John S. Adams, who is determined to uncover the truth about funding in his state’s elections.
- PRESS RELEASE: Nowhere to Hide | Caught in the Crossfire, an Iraqi Family Remains Determined to Rebuild
Fifteen years after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, Kurdish-Norwegian filmmaker Zaradasht Ahmed returns to his birth country and heads into one of the world’s most dangerous areas, the “Triangle of Death” in central Iraq.
- Critical Acclaim For 'The War to Be Her'
“The film celebrates the bravery of Maria and her no-less impressive family, and by extension all who fight for women’s rights in the region.”
- Critical Acclaim for 'Lindy Lou, Juror Number 2'
“Vassault has rendered a fine documentary which humanizes the American juror as more than just another digit.”
- Critical Acclaim for 'Brimstone & Glory'
"[Brimstone & Glory] deftly captures the skill, passion and peril behind the fireworks, as well as the love of a family whose livelihood is rooted in this booming trade."
- PRESS RELEASE: Still Tomorrow | Defying Social and Cultural Norms, a Rural Poet Captures a Nation’s Attention
Yu Xiuhua, a secluded poet made famous by social media, is on a search for meaning in a life marked by numerous struggles.
- Critical Acclaim: 'The Workers Cup'
"If we choose to pursue these ideas further, we may find ourselves questioning how our allegiance to the adrenal thrills of sports can help hide darker truths about the companies, countries, and organizations we throw our allegiance behind."
- PRESS RELEASE: 'Whose Streets?' | Tracing a People’s Movement
Told by the local residents and activists on the frontlines fighting for justice, equality and an end to police brutality, 'Whose Streets?' is an unflinching look at the Ferguson uprising and the movement that followed.
- PRESS RELEASE: 'The War to Be Her' | A Young Female Athlete Fends Off the Taliban
In one of the most dangerous places on earth, where the Taliban maintains a substantial presence, a young woman faces obstacles to pursue a simple passion: sports.
- PRESS RELEASE: 'Lindy Lou, Juror Number 2' | Deciding the fate of a murderer
If you kill a murderer, do you become a murderer as well? Lindy Lou Wells Isonhood asks her granddaughter this question, while explaining the role she played on a capital jury.
- PRESS RELEASE: 'The Workers Cup' | The sacrifice of migrant workers for the World Cup
A glimpse of the massive stadiums and infrastructure projects now being built for the 2022 games in Qatar.
- POV to broadcast Sundance Favorites '306 Hollywood' and 'Minding the Gap' for 31st Season
"The films we are planning to finish out our 31st season with are powerful examples of how documentary can reexamine and reanimate lives past and present."
- Critical Acclaim for 'QUEST'
"'Quest' speaks volumes about working-class life and the necessity of community, parenting, perseverance, speaking out, speaking up, hope."
- PRESS RELEASE: 'Brimstone & Glory' | Viktor Jakovleski’s Visually Stunning Documentary Reveals the Grandeur of Tultepec’s National Pyrotechnic Festival
Brimstone & Glory has its national broadcast and streaming debut on the PBS documentary series POV and pov.org on Monday, July 2, 2018 at 10 p.m. (check local listings).