- $1,500 for a Second of Footage? A New Site Is Connecting Marketers to Documentary Filmmakers
Dust off those old hard drives. Catch & Release wants your B-roll.
- Your Best and Worst Advice for Documentary Filmmakers
Drawing influence from the new book Tell Me Something: Documentary Filmmakers, POV blog readers offer some of their best and worst advice for documentary filmmakers.
- Web Documentaries – A #docchat Recap
A recap of POV's #docchat conversation from December 3, 2013 with invited guests from the web documentary world.
- In Conversation with the Critics (A #docchat Recap)
A recap of the #docchat conversation from October 22, 2013, with film journalists Christopher Campbell, Anthony Kaufman and Tom Roston.
- Lessons Learned in Making Long-Term Documentary Projects (A #docchat Recap)
A recap of the #docchat conversation from October 15, 2013, with the filmmakers of My Reincarnation and American Promise.
- Flaherty NYC Fall 2013 Series Inspires Dialogue About Global Revolts
Curator Ernie Larsen tells POV about the documentaries in Flaherty NYC's Fall 2013 Series and how he and co-curator Sherry Millner chose films that will challenge audience to consider the relationship between global rebellions and cinema.
- Interact with Web Documentary Prototypes from DocMontevideo Hackathon
DocMontevideo held their first Hackathon in Montevideo, Uruguay in July 2013. Interact with the web documentary prototypes made by three teams of filmmakers and technologists from Argentina, Uruguay and Chile.
- Hollow: An Interactive Documentary Made While In School, But It's No Student Film
How do you balance grad school with production of your documentary? Elaine McMillion takes POV inside the creation of Hollow and offers lessons for students.
- The Future of Documentary Education: Inside Three New College Programs
The directors of MIT's Open Doc Lab, Duke's MFA in Experimental and Documentary Arts, and Loyola Marymount's in-development documentary MFA program share how they are reinventing documentary education.
- The Next Generation of Documentary Filmmakers Enters College
Three college freshmen from the Class of 2017 told POV why they want to become documentary filmmakers.
- Spotlight on The 2013 Flaherty Seminar
Shannon Carroll recaps her experience at the 2013 Robert Flaherty Film Seminar, where 160 filmmakers, programmers, academics and film enthusiasts convened in Hamilton, New York, to investigate the form and function of history in cinema.
- Flaherty NYC’s Spring 2013 Series Discovers Forgotten Memories
Curator Jeronimo Rodriguez tells POV about the documentaries in Flaherty NYC's Spring 2013 Series and how he chose films that encourage discovery of forgotten memories.
- BizVizz: The Making of a Documentary App
Filmmaker Brad Lichtenstein recounts his journey for creating BizVizz, a corporate accountability app inspired his documentary As Goes Janesville.