- Top 10 Documentaries to Watch at SXSW 2016
The 10 documentaries Doc Soup's Tom Roston is looking forward to at SXSW 2016.
- Reel Talk: The Panels to Look Out For at SXSW
A look into the cool panels at SXSW this year.
- New Pot Doc Finds Balance Between Politics and Play
Legalize this: Mitch Dickman's documentary follows The Denver Post after it appointed the first-ever marijuana editor.
- Joshua Oppenheimer and Adi Rukun Raise Awareness Amongst Silence
While on the Oscar campaign trail, Joshua Oppenheimer and Adi Rukun raise awareness against the silence on the 1960s Indonesian genocide.
- Michael Moore's Quest to Better America
Michael Moore's latest documentary asks: Can America look outside itself for better solutions?
- The Stunning Storytelling of Laura Poitras: Astro Noise
Why award-winning documentarian Laura Poitras' first solo museum exhibition at the Whitney Museum can't be missed.
- The Breakdown of Sundance Documentary Deals
What goes into a documentary distribution deal during a major film festival?
- Doc Soup's Most Anticipated Sundance Documentaries
The Sundance Film Festival kicks off today and, as always, there’s an astounding slate of documentaries that will be premiering there. These are the docs that we’ll be hearing about all year: Weiner, about Anthony Weiner’s unsuccessful mayoral bid and sexting scandal implosion; Jim: The James Foley Story, about the American journalist who was beheaded […]
- What an Oscar Nomination Means to Joshua Oppenheimer
How Oscar recognition can aid a greater purpose.
- Doc Apocalypse? Michael Moore and Documentary Box Office Success
Tom Roston sits down with Michael Moore to talk Oscars and documentary box office success.
- Oscar or Oscan't: Doc Soup Man Predictions for Best Documentary Feature
Doc Soup Man's Academy Award predictions are in, and he had to let a few favorites go.
- Doc Soup's Top Ten Documentaries of 2015
Doc Soup Man shares his official top ten documentaries of 2015. What's on your list?
- Almost There: Outsider Art and Documentary Ethics
In Almost There by Dan Rybicky and Aaron Wickenden, documenting an unknown artist's story leads a filmmaker to confront his own family's history of mental illness and dysfunction.
- Great Expectations: The Surprising And Not So Surprising Oscar Documentary Shortlist Picks
See what documentaries made the cut for the Oscar shortlist.
- Giving Thanks for Docs
I was feeling a general sense of gratitude for the world of documentary film. I got to thinking about the many things that I am thankful for.
- The Action-Packed Nuance of Cartel Land
The case for Cartel Land to make the Oscar shortlist for Best Documentary Feature.
- What to Watch at DOC NYC 2015
Basil Tsiokos of DOC NYC shares what documentaries to look out for at this year's festival.
- A Conversation with Filmmaker Maxim Pozdorovkin
Maxim Pozdorovkin, co-director of The Notorious Mr. Bout talks about his controversial subject and Russian stereotypes.