- Featured Event: 'Soldiers of Conscience' at the Avalon Branch Library
Join the Avalon Branch Library for a free screening of "Soldiers of Conscience" on July 26, 2017.
- The Intimacy and Intersectionality of 'Memories of a Penitent Heart'
Cecilia Aldarondo talks about the importance of intimacy when telling a story, especially in a way that embraces what intersectionality should look like on screen.
- Three Classic Documentaries from the POV Archive to Watch in 2017
'The End of the Nightstick,' 'Rabbit in the Moon,' and 'William Kunstler: Disturbing the Universe' are available at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- POV to Feature Short in Sixth Annual PBS Online Film Festival
POV's short 'Our Voices Are Rarely Heard' is among those featured in this year's festival
- Two Judges, Two Tribes and One Goal in 'Tribal Justice,' Monday, Airing August 21 on POV
'Tribal Justice' spotlights tribal courts that incorporate indigenous customs and beliefs into their justice systems. The film has its national broadcast premiere on the PBS documentary series POV (Point of View) on Monday, August 21, 2017.
- Enter the Edit: Developing Mentorship in the Documentary Editing World
Leigh Johnson is in conversation with Penelope Falk, an award-winning editor with over 15 years of documentary experience.
- POV and The New York Times Close Out Embedded Mediamaker Project with Final Project on Ruby Bridges
POV and The New York Times embedded mediamaker project reached its final triumphant milestone this week as the piece “6 Years and Desegregating a School” by Bayeté Ross Smith and Logan Jaffe published in the Times.
- A Filmmaker Delves into the Secrecy Surrounding the Death of Her Uncle In 'Memories of a Penitent Heart,' Airing July 31 on POV
Like many gay men in the 1980s, Miguel moved to New York City in search of a life out of the closet. Yet in the midst of the AIDS crisis, his devout Catholic mother pressured him to repent for his homosexuality on his deathbed.
- POV to Spotlight Syrian and Refugee Crises in First Three Weeks of 30th Season
In a series first, following events nationwide commemorating World Refugee Day on June 20, POV’s 30th season opens with three feature films and two shorts about a single subject: the Syrian war and global refugee crisis.
- Reconciling Personal Accounts of the Holocaust in Shalom Italia, Airing July 24, 2017 on POV
Amid hearty Tuscan meals and sweeping landscapes, the octogenarians’ quest unexpectedly swells with humor and clashing memories in 'Shalom Italia.' Directed by Tamar Tal Anati, the film has its national broadcast premiere on July 24 at 10 p.m. on POV
- PBS Acquires 'Bill Nye: Science Guy'
PBS Distribution (PBSd) will release the film in theaters across the country later this year and it will have its broadcast premiere in 2018 via PBS documentary series POV.
- How to Use POV Assistant: Our Chatbot for Facebook, Amazon and Google!
Get vital information about PBS's POV with our chatbot as it grows in its features and capabilities.
- The Making of a Star—On YouTube—in ‘Presenting Princess Shaw,’ Airing July 17, 2017 on POV
Presenting Princess Shaw has its national broadcast premiere on the PBS documentary series POV (Point of View) on July 17, 2017 at 10 p.m.
- 'Last Men in Aleppo,' Airing July 10, 2017 on POV, Documents Syrian Volunteers' Heroic Work
The White Helmets are the subject of Last Men in Aleppo, the final film in this season's special series highlighting the Syrian conflict and refugee crisis.
- Contemplating the Cut 2017 | Panel 1: Creative Use of Archival Footage
Joseph Krings, Mary Lampson, and Maya Mumma in conversation with Ashley Clark examine creative approaches to editing with archival footage.
- Contemplating the Cut: Takeaways and Tips for Documentary Editors
Useful insights for documentary editors and their collaborators from Contemplating the Cut 2017.
- Contemplating the Cut 2017 | Panel 2: Craft Conversations
Lindsay Utz and Chyld King share insights with moderator Marshall Curry about their process, deconstructing approaches to vérité and interview-based films.
- Friends Face Down Syrian Regime in 'The War Show,' Airing July 3, 2017 on POV
POV's three-part series on the Syrian war and refugee crisis continues with 'The War Show,' premiering July 3, 2017 at 10 p.m.