- Watch the POV Documentary 'Armadillo' Online Starting November 9, 2013 (For Free!)
Armadillo is available for streaming free on POV from November 9, 2013 through December 8, 2013.
- Cinema Eye Honors Nominee 'Homegoings' Is Streaming Free on POV
POV's 2013 season premiere documentary Homegoings is streaming free on POV from November 8, 2013 through December 7, 2013.
- #docchat: The 2013 Documentary Equipment & Tools Workshop – November 12
Filmmakers and educators Duy Linh Tu and Caleb Pike are taking your questions on Tuesday, November 12, 2013, from 12:30PM-1:30 PM ET (9:30-10:15 AM PT).
- The Best Documentaries of 2013
What's the best documentary of 2013? We're tracking festivals, critics, blogs, award shows and more to determine the top docs of the year.
- Five Questions for the Filmmakers of 'These Birds Walk'
Doc Soup Man interviews the directors of These Birds Walk, a lyrical documentary haiku about a young boy and an ambulance driver who try to find their way on the streets of Pakistan.
- POV Receives 2013 IDA Documentary Award Nomination for Best Continuing Series
POV is honored to be recognized as a nominee for Best Continuing Series by the 29th annual IDA Documentary Awards.
- Lessons Learned in Making Long-Term Documentary Projects (A #docchat Recap)
A recap of the #docchat conversation from October 15, 2013, with the filmmakers of My Reincarnation and American Promise.
- 'The Trials of Muhammad Ali' Uncovers Missing Chapter Behind the Legend
The Trials of Muhammad Ali fills in a chapter often left untold in the myths and legends of a man who billed himself as "The Greatest."
- 5 Lessons for Documentary Filmmakers From Pioneering New Journalism Article
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston annotates an annotation of Gay Talese's groundbreaking New Journalism article, "Frank Sinatra Has a Cold" with lessons for documentary filmmakers in mind.
- Run, Cut, Slow: Films That Document Subjects Over a Decade or More
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston takes a moment to appreciate documentaries that were made over long periods of time, like POV's American Promise and the Up series.
- #docchat: “In Conversation with the Critics” – Ask a Question or Watch on October 22
Film journalists Christopher Campbell, Anthony Kaufman and Tom Roston are taking your questions on Tuesday, October 22, 2013, from 12:30-1:30 PM ET (9:30-10:30 AM PT).
- Join “How to Plan for a Long-term Documentary Project” Online Chat on October 15
Documentary filmmakers are taking your questions during a Google+ Hangout about planning for a long-term documentary projects on Tuesday, October 15, 2013, from 12:30-1:15 PM ET (9:30-10:15 AM PT).
- Establishing the Hybrid Documentary Canon
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston argues for a need to define and establish a canon for hybrid documentaries, which include the recent Stories We Tell, The Act of Killing and The Summit.
- Where You Can Watch 2013 News and Documentary Emmy Winners
At last night's News and Documentary Emmy Awards ceremony, PBS programs garnered nine awards. The good news for you — all of these winners are available to watch for free online!
- What To Do With All That Extra Footage? Gary Hustwit Is Publishing a Book and Maybe You Should Too
Filmmaker Gary Hustwit will be publishing the complete transcripts of his design trilogy Helvetica, Objectified, Urbanized into a book.
- The Summit Takes Hybrid Documentaries to the Next Level
The Summit, a hybrid depiction of the disastrous climb, in 2008, of the K2 mountain in the Himalayas, will be released in theaters throughout the United States starting October 4, 2013.
- Fall Online #docchat Series: Engagement Strategy, Doc Criticism and More!
Join POV's Fall Online #docchat Series starting Tuesday, October 1, 2013 for online panels about engagement strategy, documentary criticism and planning for long-term documentary projects.
- Now Available Online: 'Best Kept Secret' and 'Neurotypical'
POV's two acclaimed documentaries about living with autism, 'Best Kept Secret' and 'Neurotypical,' are now available for free streaming online until October 7. 2013!