- ‘Only the Young’ Boston Premiere with Filmmaker Jason Tippet
Only the Young (POV 2013) has its Boston premiere on Monday, January 28 at the Brattle Theatre in Cambridge, MA. Filmmaker Jason Tippet will be in attendance for a post-screening Q&A.
- LEF Foundation Moving Image Fund Deadline This Friday 1/25
Calling New England Filmmakers! Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) for projects requesting production and post-production support from the LEF Foundation are due this Friday, January 25 by 5 PM EST.
- Kickstarter: Tips from Three Successful 2012 Doc Campaigns
If you're thinking about fundraising for your documentary on Kickstarter, here are some words of wisdom from three successful campaigns in 2012.
- Sundance 2013: R.J. Cutler's The World According to Dick Cheney
Tom Roston is surprised to learn The World According to Dick Cheney directed by R.J. Cutler - screening at Sundance 2013 - isn't quite the hatchet job he thought it would be.
- The POV Hackathon 2 Award Winners
Three teams at this weekend's POV Hackathon 2 walked away with awards for Participants' Choice, Best Prototype and Best Pitch.
- Facebook? Twitter? Help! – Tips and Tricks for Filmmakers on Social Media
It's a new year. Festivals are gearing up again. And you think, how do I market my film on social media? Here is a list of some evergreen tips to get the ball rolling.
- How They Made “The Aatsinki Season”
We asked filmmaker Jessica Oreck and interactive developers Mike Knowlton and Hal Seigel how they generated the ideas that became the interactive project and how they managed their collaboration.
- Tom Roston's Top 10 Documentaries of 2012
Find out what films made it to the top of Doc Soup Man's list this year! From advocacy films, to those lauded for their artistry and cinematography, the list is just a small sampling of the great doc year that was 2012.
- 2012: A Documentary Year in Review
Twelve stories from 2012 that inspired, thrilled and surprised us. A recap of the year in documentary news.
- Watch Now: 'If a Tree Falls,' 'My Perestroika,' and Three POV 2012 Films Back for Free Streaming!
POV fans can now stream If a Tree Falls, My Perestroika, The City Dark, The Light in Her Eyes, and Sun Kissed for free on the POV website!
- A Couple Filmmaker Tips for the Pre-Interview
Katie Galloway, Director of 'Better This World,' and Scott Thurman, Director of 'The Revisionaries,' share some tips on getting the most out of interviews when the camera's not on.
- “Blacklisting,” Free Speech, and, Well, Huh
In a online video, Caveh Zahedi (The Sheik & I) claims he was "blacklisted" by festival programmer Thom Powers, who responded saying the filmmaker "can't seem to accept that he's made a film with a mixed response."
- 'Kings of Pastry' Now Available for Streaming on POV
Sunday December 9 is National Pastry Day and what better way to celebrate than by sitting down with some scrumptious sweets and watching 'Kings of Pastry,' which is now available for streaming at POV!
- Practical Tips for Pitching to a Funder
When pitching to a potential funder there are a lot of common traps that filmmakers fall into. Here is a list of 9 practical tips that every filmmaker should consider when preparing to pitch.
- A Message from Albert Maysles on the “Greatest” Documentary, “Grey Gardens”
"I'm honored, and Big Edie and Little Edie would be too, that the public is so fond of them. Thank you POV fans for the appreciation."
- The 25 “Greatest” Documentaries of All Time
We asked fans of POV to help us find the "greatest" documentaries of all time, and this is what we found...
- The 2012 Holiday Gift Guide
It's that time of year... Explore POV's gift guide and find the perfect stocking stuffers, Blu-rays, gear and more for your favorite documenatary fan or filmmaker.
- Seed&Spark: Introducing a New Platform and Ecosystem for Independent Film
This Saturday, December 1, Seed&Spark will roll out its platform, aiming to provide a whole new ecosystem for the funding and distribution of independent films.