- Enter the Edit: A Crash Course On Structuring Social-Issue Documentary
Famed film editor Kim Roberts, A.C.E. shares documentary wisdom.
- POV Is Streaming 100+ Independent Documentary Films Free Online This Season
Discover new and classic films at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- Doc Memo: Top Pitches from Hot Docs, Human Rights Watch Film Festival Lineup
POV's daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- Doc Memo: 33 Masterpieces of Documentaries; a Hot Docs Film Caught Up in a Lawsuit
POV’s daily list of essential reading for the documentary and independent filmmaking community.
- #ICYMI: 18 Wisdoms from Firelight's 'The Color of Impact' Panel at Tribeca
If, like me, you're a new arrival to the engagement field, insights from Firelight Media's The Color of Impact panelists during the Tribeca Film Festival are the orientation you need.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Janet Goldwater, co-director of 'BaddDDD Sonia Sanchez,' reflects on facets of film biography
Janet Goldwater shares some of her greatest challenges and joys in documentary filmmaking and learns that sometimes content was determined partly by design, partly by chance and circumstance, and partly by compromise.
- Entering the Edit With Karen Schmeer Fellow Eileen Meyer
We're kicking off the second edition of Enter the Edit, a series exploring the regrettably underappreciated process and craft of documentary editors. Our guide will be 2016 Karen Schmeer Film Editing Fellow Eileen Meyer.
- Alabama Public Television's 'Project C' Kicks Off POV's 'All the Difference' Station Activities
Thousands of students joined Alabama Public Television's live webcast of the final episode of its Project C electronic field trip series, kicking off nationwide activities hosted by PBS stations around All the Difference (POV 2016).
- POV Celebrates Three-Decade Partnership with Women Make Movies By Shining a Spotlight on Four Groundbreaking Films
Downloads: Press Release A Healthy Baby Girl, Georgie Girl, Love & Diane and Ella Es el Matador Now Streaming Online and Available for Community Screenings in Honor of Women’s History Month New York, NY – Feb. 25, 2016 – In celebration of its three-decade partnership with Women Make Movies (WMM) and in honor of Women’s […]
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Reflections on David Felix Sutcliffe's 'Adama' from a 7th grade class
David Felix Sutcliffe comments how Islamophobia has largely gone unchecked but sees hope for tolerance and understanding from insightful letters he read in response to his film.
- A Conversation With Founders of Athena Film Festival
Four days of film screenings, panels, discussions and networking opportunities start February 18th and continue through the 21st at Barnard College in New York City.
- POV Secures U.S. Broadcast Rights to Academy Award®-Nominated Documentary 'The Look of Silence,' to Air on PBS in 2016
Film by Joshua Oppenheimer is a companion to his Oscar-nominated film about Indonesian genocide 'The Act of Killing,' presented by POV in 2014
- MacArthur Foundation Renews Support for American Documentary | POV
Three-Year Grant Will Support Award-Winning PBS Documentary Series POV, Its Digital Innovations and National Community Engagement Campaigns and the WORLD Channel Series AMERICA REFRAMED
- Lauded Documentary 'Eyes on the Prize' Returns to Public Television
Oscar-nominated 'Eyes on the Prize', the critically-acclaimed documentary on America's 20th century civil rights movement, will broadcast on WORLD Channel Sundays at 8/7c starting January 17th.
- Doc Apocalypse? Michael Moore and Documentary Box Office Success
Tom Roston sits down with Michael Moore to talk Oscars and documentary box office success.
- New to Watch: Four Women Make Movies Films from the POV Archives
To celebrate our multi-year partnership, POV is streaming four critically acclaimed WMM films from our archive from January 11, 2016 through April 10, 2016.
- Four POV Documentaries to Discuss the Syrian Refugee Crisis
Use POV films and resources to discuss current issues around Syria, refugees and immigration.
- POV Wins 2015 IDA Award for Best Curated Series
POV (Point of View) won the IDA Award for Best Curated Series, sharing the honor with Independent Lens at the 31st Annual International Documentary Association Awards this past weekend in Los Angeles.