- I Have $5,000… What's the Ideal Documentary Kit?
Indie filmmakers offer tips for building a documentary kit on a budget in this guest post from DocumentaryTech's Edward J. Delaney.
- Next on POV: 'The Oath'
The Oath, directed by Laura Poitras, airs on PBS stations this Tuesday, August 16, 2011.
- Encore Broadcast of Critical Favorite 'Food, Inc.' Tonight on POV
The Oscar-nominated blockbuster Food, Inc. is back by popular demand! POV will present an encore broadcast of Robert Kenner’s groundbreaking documentary on many PBS stations tonight, Tuesday, August 9, 2011. Check your local listings. Featuring interviews with such experts as Eric Schlosser (“Fast Food Nation”), Michael Pollan (“The Omnivore’s Dilemma”) and forward-thinking social entrepreneurs such […]
- How Much Money Does It Really Take to Make a Documentary?
In the wake of America's credit rating downgrade and a day after a 600-plus-point drop in the Dow, Edward J. Delaney of DocumentaryTech looks at how the documentary-film economy is changing rapidly.
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia
Senna, the first documentary from BAFTA award-winning fiction film director Asif Kapadia, uses archival footage exclusively to create an enthralling tribute to Brazilian Formula One racing star Ayrton Senna. Kapadia discusses the film and countering the "reckless reputation" of its star.
- Next on POV: 'Food, Inc.'
Food, Inc. reveals surprising and often shocking truths about what we eat and how it's produced. Join POV for an encore of the Oscar-nominated documentary on many PBS stations, Tuesday, August 9, 2011.
- Game On: Zach Wise on How Video Games Are Influencing Documentaries
Documentarians are taking cues from video games to expand their audience and tell new kinds of stories. Multimedia producer Zach Wise offers thoughts on "gamification" for independent filmmakers.
- Hot Press for 'Steam of Life'
"Joy rises up like steam from a bed of hot rocks." Read what critics have to say about Steam of Life, tonight's POV documentary that goes deep into the inner sanctum of Finnish life — the sauna.
- A Conversation with Steve James, Director of 'The Interrupters'
James discusses the film, his multi-award-winning Hoop Dreams and what he's learned from following film subjects over years.
- Next on POV: 'Steam of Life'
POV's 24th season continues with the U.S. broadcast premiere of Steam of Life. The film airs on PBS on Tuesday, August 2, 2011.
- Director Enters Rooftop Brawl after Screening of Wrestling Doc 'Fake It So Real'
Documentary lovers got a taste of pro wrestling, with some unusual participants, at a screening of Robert Greene's Fake It So Real in Brooklyn, New York.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Mugabe and the White African': Watch it Tonight!
In Mugabe and the White African, one proud "white African" challenges Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe with human rights abuses under international law. Read what critics have to say about the award-winning film, then watch it tonight on many PBS stations.
- Next on POV: 'Mugabe and the White African'
POV's 24th season on PBS continues Tuesday, July 26, 2011, with the U.S. broadcast premiere of Mugabe and the White African, an alarming story from one of the world's most troubled nations.
- Critics Say 'Biblioburro' Makes the Grade: Tune in Tonight!
Biblioburro: The Donkey Library is the story of a unique librarian–and his library. Luis Soriano braves armed bands, drug traffickers, snakes and heat to bring his library on hooves to the children of Magdalena Province in Columbia. Read what critics have to say about the film.
- POV Films Receive 12 Emmy Nominations!
POV has received a record 12 nominations in the 32nd Annual News & Documentary Emmy® Awards! PBS received 32 nominations in total.
- Next on POV: 'Biblioburro: The Donkey Library'
POV's 24th season continues on Tuesday, July 19, 2011, with the U.S. broadcast premiere of Biblioburro: The Donkey Library, a story of a librarian - and a library - like no other.
- A Conversation with 'Tabloid' Director Errol Morris
Freelance journalist Adam Schartoff talks with Errol Morris about his new documentary Tabloid, how he knows journalists read his Twitter feed and the technology behind his intimate film interviews.
- Congratulations to 'The Most Dangerous Man in America' – Nominated for a 2011 Primetime Emmy Award
POV's The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers, directed and produced by Judith Ehrlich and Rick Goldsmith, has been nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award.