- POV Secures U.S. Broadcast Rights to Academy Award®-Nominated Documentary 'The Look of Silence,' to Air on PBS in 2016
Film by Joshua Oppenheimer is a companion to his Oscar-nominated film about Indonesian genocide 'The Act of Killing,' presented by POV in 2014
- MacArthur Foundation Renews Support for American Documentary | POV
Three-Year Grant Will Support Award-Winning PBS Documentary Series POV, Its Digital Innovations and National Community Engagement Campaigns and the WORLD Channel Series AMERICA REFRAMED
- Lauded Documentary 'Eyes on the Prize' Returns to Public Television
Oscar-nominated 'Eyes on the Prize', the critically-acclaimed documentary on America's 20th century civil rights movement, will broadcast on WORLD Channel Sundays at 8/7c starting January 17th.
- Doc Apocalypse? Michael Moore and Documentary Box Office Success
Tom Roston sits down with Michael Moore to talk Oscars and documentary box office success.
- New to Watch: Four Women Make Movies Films from the POV Archives
To celebrate our multi-year partnership, POV is streaming four critically acclaimed WMM films from our archive from January 11, 2016 through April 10, 2016.
- Four POV Documentaries to Discuss the Syrian Refugee Crisis
Use POV films and resources to discuss current issues around Syria, refugees and immigration.
- POV Wins 2015 IDA Award for Best Curated Series
POV (Point of View) won the IDA Award for Best Curated Series, sharing the honor with Independent Lens at the 31st Annual International Documentary Association Awards this past weekend in Los Angeles.
- Human Rights Day 2015: Investigate the Issues with POV Docs
POV invites you to commemorate Human Rights Day on December 10th with screenings in your community or classroom.
- POV's Justine Nagan speaks at DOC NYC
Justine Nagan shared insights into her new role as executive director/executive producer of POV and reflections on her days at Kartemquin Films yesterday atDOC NYC’s Insiders Conference.
- David Evans on Directing 'What Our Fathers Did: A Nazi Legacy'
"We had no producers. No broadcaster. No one at all who was interested in our little passion project. And that's part of what appealed to me."
- POV at American Graduate Day 2015
Robert Lee Henderson III, featured subject of upcoming POV documentary 'All the Difference' joined the live national broadcast of American Graduate Day 2015 on October 3rd.
- Experience Herman Wallace's Life in New Interactive Documentary
What were those decades in solitary like for Herman Wallace? The new interactive documentary "The Deeper They Bury Me" immerses viewers into Wallace's world for 20 minutes—the amount of time a prison phone call is allotted.
- Special Event! POV Takes Over the Photoville NYC Beer Garden on September 18, 2015
POV takes over the Photoville Beer Garden on Friday, September 18, 2015! RSVP for a sneak-preview of Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie), plus screenings of selected documentary shorts and an inside look at our series on PBS!
- 75+ Films to Watch This September on POV!
A list of feature length and short documentary films to watch for free this September on POV!
- The StoryCode Ten: Questions for Tommy Pallotta and Femke Wolting
Tommy Pallotta and Femke Wolting answer the StoryCode Ten about their hybrid documentary and interactive film Last Hijack.
- 'We Come As Friends', or Do We? Hubert Sauper's New Documentary on South Sudan
Hubert Sauper's 'We Come As Friends' goes inside the newly sovereign South Sudan for a new episode in the centuries old tale of the harms of the Western savior complex in Africa.
- TIFF Docs: A Look at What's Coming to Toronto International Film Festival in 2015
The Toronto International Film Festival lineup is out, and Tom Roston talks to programmer Thom Powers about music docs, Michael Moore, and what festival goers can look forward to this year September.
- Who Are The Champions? FIFA World Cup Through the Eyes of People on the Street
Who Are The Champions? from the Submarine Channel explores the impact of the FIFA World Cup through the stories of people on the streets of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Johannesburg, South Africa, and Leipzig, Germany.