- Announcing POV's 2015 Season on PBS
Get a sneak preview of POV's 2015 lineup and help us spread the news about the films you're looking forward to seeing most!
- Linklater, Like Flaherty Before Him
Like Flaherty, Linklater is pioneering a new form in film.
- Sundance 2015: Doc Buzz, Acquistions and More
Sundance 2015 is underway! Here's the word on how documentaries are fairing this year in Park City.
- The Making of Priya's Shakti
Jaya Mahajan discusses the making of Priya's Shakti, a multimedia project combating attitudes towards sexual assault, with producer Ram Devineni.
- Meet the Programmers Behind the Flaherty NYC Winter/Spring 2015 Series
This season's Flaherty NYC's series begins in January with the theme "That Obscure Object of Desire." Programmers Pacho Velez and Sierra Pettengill discuss choosing films that explore "the mysterious power of objects."
- Regarding Independent Film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21
A joint statement WNET, PBS, ITVS, Independent Lens and POV regarding independent film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21.
- The Year in Human Rights Video
Madeleine Bair of WITNESS rounds up some of the year's most important moments in human rights footage.
- Tom Roston's Top 10 Documentaries of 2014
Without any throat clearing about how this was yet another great year for docs -- which it was, by the way -- I present my favorite nonfiction films of 2014
- The Best Documentaries of 2014
What's the best documentary of 2014? We're tracking festivals, critics, blogs, award shows and more to determine the top docs of the year.
- Passing the Baton: A Conversation with Engagement Strategist Lina Srivastava
Who Is Dayani Cristal campaign strategist Lina Srivastava gives us an inside look on her team's goals for campaign and tips for other impact producers on "passing the baton."
- Dispatches from IDFA: All the Young Dudes
Kel O'Neill discusses the lack of diversity at the IDFA DocLab conference, and the effect of its absence.
- Dispatches from IDFA: The Third Entity
"My green button-down has been replaced by a grey pullover. Also, I am a woman." Kel O'Neill experiences life as the opposite gender in IDFA DocLab's gender-bending experiment The Machine To Be Another.
- Dispatches from IDFA: Research and Development
IDFA DocLab is a paradise for innovative storytelling, but who should foot the bill?
- Congrats to the BRITDOC Impact Award Winners
POV gives a huge round of applause to this year's BRITDOC Impact Award winners! The BRITDOC Impact Award celebrates documentary films that have made the greatest impact on society.
- Dispatches from IDFA: A Conversation with DocLab Architect Caspar Sonnen
Kel O'Neill (of Jongsma + O'Neill) sits down with IDFA DocLab creator Caspar Sonnen to discuss DocLab, digital storytelling, and the 'medium' of interactive documentaries — if it can be defined as a 'medium' at all.
- Life on the Streets of Palestine Captured in 'Points Of View'
An interactive web documentary aims to help Palestinians present the anger, pain, joy and hope of their daily lives to both Israelis and the international public.
- Enter the Edit: 'Tough Love' with Editors Colin Nusbaum and Mary Manhardt
Editors Colin Nusbaum and Mary Manhardt break down the edit of Stephanie Wang-Breal's documentary Tough Love, premiering November 15, 2014 in New York City at DOC NYC.
- Old Film Made New: 'Living Los Sures'
UnionDocs breathes new life into the 1980s urban film Los Sures with web-based multimedia. Two new chapters premiered at New York Film Festival Convergence.