- #docchat: A Documentary Equipment Workshop with Caleb Pike & Richard Koci Hernandez on Google+ (April 15, 2014)
Ask your questions about documentary filmmaking equipment on Google+! Tuesday, April 15, 12:30-1:15 PM ET / 9:30-10:15 AM PT.
- #docchat: How I Made My First Documentary – Join POV's Twitter Chat on April 8
Join POV on Twitter for a #docchat with veteran documentary filmmakers and get their advice for first-time filmmakers on Tuesday, April 8, 1-2 PM ET (10-11 AM PT).
- “Wild Things” Breathes New Life Into the Nature Show
Actor-turned-naturalist Dominic Monaghan tells Doc Soup Man Tom Roston why his BBC America show shouldn't be confused with reality TV.
- #docchat: Balancing Your Day Job and Your Documentary – Join POV's Twitter Chat on April 1
Join POV on Twitter for a #docchat about balancing your day job and your documentary on Tuesday, April 1 from 7-8 PM ET (4-5 PM PT).
- Festival Madness
Sundance is behind us, SXSW is on now, Tribeca and Full Frame are coming up soon. Doc Soup Man has his picks from the past and future festivals that will set the documentary viewing agenda for the rest of the year.
- The Men of Atalissa: Watch the Documentary & Go Behind the Story with Journalists from The New York Times
Kassie Bracken and Dan Barry tell POV the story behind the story of a group of men with intellectual disability who, for decades, were exploited by a turkey-processing company.
- What's Streaming, March 2014 Edition
Watch award-winning documentaries from POV free online this month! Including recent films you missed on TV, online-exclusive documentary shorts, and classics from POV's 27-year archive.
- $1,500 for a Second of Footage? A New Site Is Connecting Marketers to Documentary Filmmakers
Dust off those old hard drives. Catch & Release wants your B-roll.
- Your Best and Worst Advice for Documentary Filmmakers
Drawing influence from the new book Tell Me Something: Documentary Filmmakers, POV blog readers offer some of their best and worst advice for documentary filmmakers.
- True/False: Interview with 'Actress' Filmmaker Robert Greene
Doc Soup Man interviews filmmaker Robert Greene of the documentary Actress. Premieres at True/False Film Fest 2014.
- With DOC RED, A Hope for Mexican Documentary Filmmakers
Faced with limited distribution options, Mexico's documentary filmmakers have banded together. POV Intern and DOC RED member Melissa Saucedo reports back from a recent meeting.
- When Will the Women of the Documentary World Get Their Due?
Of the Oscar-nominated documentaries this year, only one is directed by a woman (Jehane Noujaim, of The Square).
- February 2014 POV Streaming Films
Check out which POV films you can stream for free this month, including our February 3, 2014 broadcast, American Promise, Racing Dreams, Reportero and more!
- Play Now: The Reportero Challenge: Do You Have What It Takes?
Do you have what it takes to be the editor of a newspaper in Tijuana, Mexico? Take The Reportero Challenge and find out.
- Take the 2014 International Documentary Challenge
Sign up now for the 2014 International Documentary Challenge. The final registration deadline is February 15, 2014!
- Sundance 2014: StoryCorps Dispatches from Park City
StoryCorps dispatches from the 2014 Sundance Film Festival on all things animation & documentary.
- Flaherty NYC's Winter/Spring 2014 Series Explores the Culture of Consumption
Curator Jason Fox talks to POV about the films, video, video game, and augmented reality works in Flaherty NYC's Winter/Spring 2014 Series on our current culture of consumption
- Introducing the U.K. to Americana on a Commercial Scale
With the global distribution of U.S. television shows, does Britain need to see more programming from “across the pond,” as the saying goes? PBS America thinks so.