- The Men of Atalissa: Watch the Documentary & Go Behind the Story with Journalists from The New York Times
Kassie Bracken and Dan Barry tell POV the story behind the story of a group of men with intellectual disability who, for decades, were exploited by a turkey-processing company.
- What's Streaming, March 2014 Edition
Watch award-winning documentaries from POV free online this month! Including recent films you missed on TV, online-exclusive documentary shorts, and classics from POV's 27-year archive.
- $1,500 for a Second of Footage? A New Site Is Connecting Marketers to Documentary Filmmakers
Dust off those old hard drives. Catch & Release wants your B-roll.
- Your Best and Worst Advice for Documentary Filmmakers
Drawing influence from the new book Tell Me Something: Documentary Filmmakers, POV blog readers offer some of their best and worst advice for documentary filmmakers.
- True/False: Interview with 'Actress' Filmmaker Robert Greene
Doc Soup Man interviews filmmaker Robert Greene of the documentary Actress. Premieres at True/False Film Fest 2014.
- With DOC RED, A Hope for Mexican Documentary Filmmakers
Faced with limited distribution options, Mexico's documentary filmmakers have banded together. POV Intern and DOC RED member Melissa Saucedo reports back from a recent meeting.
- When Will the Women of the Documentary World Get Their Due?
Of the Oscar-nominated documentaries this year, only one is directed by a woman (Jehane Noujaim, of The Square).
- February 2014 POV Streaming Films
Check out which POV films you can stream for free this month, including our February 3, 2014 broadcast, American Promise, Racing Dreams, Reportero and more!
- Play Now: The Reportero Challenge: Do You Have What It Takes?
Do you have what it takes to be the editor of a newspaper in Tijuana, Mexico? Take The Reportero Challenge and find out.
- Take the 2014 International Documentary Challenge
Sign up now for the 2014 International Documentary Challenge. The final registration deadline is February 15, 2014!
- Sundance 2014: StoryCorps Dispatches from Park City
StoryCorps dispatches from the 2014 Sundance Film Festival on all things animation & documentary.
- Flaherty NYC's Winter/Spring 2014 Series Explores the Culture of Consumption
Curator Jason Fox talks to POV about the films, video, video game, and augmented reality works in Flaherty NYC's Winter/Spring 2014 Series on our current culture of consumption
- Introducing the U.K. to Americana on a Commercial Scale
With the global distribution of U.S. television shows, does Britain need to see more programming from “across the pond,” as the saying goes? PBS America thinks so.
- Impressions on the 2014 Oscar Best Documentary Nominees and Snubs
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston gives his impressions on today's Best Documentary Academy Award Nominations and snubs
- Predicting the Oscars' Best Documentary Nominees
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston predicts this year's Oscar nominations for Best Documentary. He's been on target before... will he get it right again?
- Cinema Eye Honors: No Losers Here
Tom Roston recaps winners and highlights from the 2014 Cinema Eye Honors at the Museum of the Moving Image in Queens.
- Create Your Own Essential DSLR Video Kit
Find out which camera body, lenses, audio equipment, rigs, tripods, monopods, editing software and other miscellaneous tools you need for a top-notch DSLR filmmaking kit.
- Creating Multi Camera Sequences in Premiere Pro, Part 2
This article is part of a series of posts from MediaStorm with tips and tricks from their producers’ experience working with Adobe Premiere Pro CC after years of working in Final Cut Pro.