- Your Best and Worst Advice for Documentary Filmmakers
Drawing influence from the new book Tell Me Something: Documentary Filmmakers, POV blog readers offer some of their best and worst advice for documentary filmmakers.
- True/False: Interview with 'Actress' Filmmaker Robert Greene
Doc Soup Man interviews filmmaker Robert Greene of the documentary Actress. Premieres at True/False Film Fest 2014.
- With DOC RED, A Hope for Mexican Documentary Filmmakers
Faced with limited distribution options, Mexico's documentary filmmakers have banded together. POV Intern and DOC RED member Melissa Saucedo reports back from a recent meeting.
- When Will the Women of the Documentary World Get Their Due?
Of the Oscar-nominated documentaries this year, only one is directed by a woman (Jehane Noujaim, of The Square).
- February 2014 POV Streaming Films
Check out which POV films you can stream for free this month, including our February 3, 2014 broadcast, American Promise, Racing Dreams, Reportero and more!
- Play Now: The Reportero Challenge: Do You Have What It Takes?
Do you have what it takes to be the editor of a newspaper in Tijuana, Mexico? Take The Reportero Challenge and find out.
- Take the 2014 International Documentary Challenge
Sign up now for the 2014 International Documentary Challenge. The final registration deadline is February 15, 2014!
- Sundance 2014: StoryCorps Dispatches from Park City
StoryCorps dispatches from the 2014 Sundance Film Festival on all things animation & documentary.
- Flaherty NYC's Winter/Spring 2014 Series Explores the Culture of Consumption
Curator Jason Fox talks to POV about the films, video, video game, and augmented reality works in Flaherty NYC's Winter/Spring 2014 Series on our current culture of consumption
- Introducing the U.K. to Americana on a Commercial Scale
With the global distribution of U.S. television shows, does Britain need to see more programming from “across the pond,” as the saying goes? PBS America thinks so.
- Impressions on the 2014 Oscar Best Documentary Nominees and Snubs
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston gives his impressions on today's Best Documentary Academy Award Nominations and snubs
- Predicting the Oscars' Best Documentary Nominees
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston predicts this year's Oscar nominations for Best Documentary. He's been on target before... will he get it right again?
- Cinema Eye Honors: No Losers Here
Tom Roston recaps winners and highlights from the 2014 Cinema Eye Honors at the Museum of the Moving Image in Queens.
- Create Your Own Essential DSLR Video Kit
Find out which camera body, lenses, audio equipment, rigs, tripods, monopods, editing software and other miscellaneous tools you need for a top-notch DSLR filmmaking kit.
- Creating Multi Camera Sequences in Premiere Pro, Part 2
This article is part of a series of posts from MediaStorm with tips and tricks from their producers’ experience working with Adobe Premiere Pro CC after years of working in Final Cut Pro.
- Cinema Eye Honors: A Cabaret Party for Nonfiction Film Lovers
Now in its sixth year, The Cinema Eye Honors has come into its own as a celebration of documentary filmmaking. The 2014 Cinema Eye Honors
event will take place this Wednesday, January 8th, at the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, New York.
- POV Films Available for Streaming Over the Holidays
Home for the holidays? POV is excited to announce the free streaming of many of its past films, including the 2013 award-winning The World Before Her.
- Tom Roston's Top 10 Documentaries of 2013
Find out what films made it to the top of Doc Soup Man's list this year! These films pushed the boundaries of the form and helped take documentary storytelling to a whole new level.