- Immigration Issues in Documentaries: A Twitter Chat with Theo Rigby, Director of 'Sin País'
Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, August 21, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern. The director of Sin País will answer questions about immigration issues in documentaries.
- POV Hackathon: Five Documentary Prototypes From a Weekend of Hacking
View the prototypes from POV Hackathon: Participate in an online debate with film characters, browse a documentary cookbook, find new meaning in numbers from news headlines, be moved by audio storytelling powered by live news and events, and explore the multimedia branches of a film from 1984.
- POV Hackathon: Day Two: From Proposal to Prototype
For Day Two of the POV Hackathon, reinventing the documentary for the web meant embracing a "minimum viable product" strategy in time for a 7 PM screening.
- POV Hackathon: Day One: Five Approaches to the Web Documentary from Hackathon Participants
Observations from Day One of the POV Hackathon.
- The POV Hackathon Has Begun!
You know the projects, now meet the teams. The POV Hackathon is upon us, and we'd like to introduce to the members of the five teams. Five teams of filmmakers and developers will be converging in Brooklyn starting today to "re-invent the documentary for the web."
- Animating Documentaries: A Twitter Chat with Mike Rauch of StoryCorps Animated Shorts
Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern. One of the directors of StoryCorps Shorts will answer questions about documentaries and animation.
- Daniel Wolff on Tour: More than a Story about New Orleans
Meet I’m Carolyn Parker Producer Daniel Wolff in-person during a nine-city book and screening tour beginning on Thursday, August 16, 2012, in New Orleans and ending in Woodstock, NY, on October 13, 2012.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “StoryCorps Audio Slideshows”
The StoryCorps project team at the POV Hackathon is using the award-winning StoryCorps oral history project as its source material.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Living Los Sures”
Living Los Sures examines the hardscrabble past and hidden histories of New York City's now trendy Williamsburg neighborhood.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Feed Me A Story”
The POV Hackathon team members working on the Feed Me A Story project meet at the intersection of documentary, food ethnography and app development.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Op-Video”
The POV Hackathon team members working on the Op-Video project have deep experience re-imaging traditional forms of journalism for the digital age.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Aatsinski: The Story of Arctic Cowboys”
The POV Hackathon team members working on the Aatsinki: The Story of Arctic Cowboys project include experienced media makers drawn from the worlds of linear documentary and new forms of interactive storytelling.
- POV Hackathon: Five Projects Aiming to Re-Invent the Documentary for the Web
Find out more about the projects selected for POV's first hackathon, which will take place in New York City the weekend of August 11-12, 2012.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings
Looking to stay cool this weekend? Beat the heat with POV's Season 25 premieres and encores.
- Join POV & Filmwax at The Brooklyn Museum for Jonathan Demme's I'm Carolyn Parker
We're excited to begin our second year of Thursdays @ 7 screenings with the Brooklyn Museum. And this year we're glad to have Filmwax Film Series as a presenting partner!
- Need More Fabio in Your Life? Host a 'Guilty Pleasures' Premiere Party!
Watch Guilty Pleasures with friends and enter for a chance to win a signed Fabio photo, official film poster, Divine Chocolate Medallions and more!
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings
Screenings of POV premieres and encores are happening across the country!
- New America NYC: Reportero: Screening and Conversation
Just a week after the Mexican elections, join The New America Foundation, Human Rights Watch and POV for an advance screening of Reportero. The screening will be followed by a discussion on journalism's contribution to society and the new state of Mexican politics.