- Flaherty NYC's Winter/Spring 2014 Series Explores the Culture of Consumption
Curator Jason Fox talks to POV about the films, video, video game, and augmented reality works in Flaherty NYC's Winter/Spring 2014 Series on our current culture of consumption
- New York Film Festival Documentary Highlights
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston lists five bold and ambitious documentary projects presenting at the upcoming New York Film Festival.
- 6 Intentionally Provocative Questions Intended to Stir Up Toronto Film Festival Documentary Programmer Thom Powers
Doc Soup Man asks six intentionally provocative questions about this year's slate to Thom Powers, documentary programmer at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- The Big Screen: All Brooklyn Film, All The Time
Heather Freundenthal and Joseph Shahadi give POV Eastman Fellow Alfonso Francois a closer look at the process behind Art of Brooklyn Film Festival's The Big Screen series.
- Brooklyn Raised: Rooftop Films & the Spirit of Brooklyn Summer
Brooklyn-raised POV Eastman Fellow Kendra Williams reflects on her Rooftop Films experience and talks with program director Dan Nuxoll about another season of showing films in high places.
- A Call for Documentary Critics
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston says film criticism is in decline just as documentary is reaching new heights in popularity. Where are the critics who can recognize what's great -- and what's not -- in a documentary?
- Five Top Takeaways from Tribeca Film Institute's Interactive Day
Liz Nord provides five major takeaways from Tribeca Film Institute's 2013 Interactive Day, providing insights for filmmakers who are exploring the digital space for storytelling.
- Tribeca Film Festival 2013: “Big Men” and “Flex is Kings”
Tom Roston reviews documentaries "Big Men" and "Flex is Kings" at the Tribeca Film Festival (April 17-28, 2013).
- Five Questions with Hugues Sweeney of The National Film Board of Canada
NFB producer Hugues Sweeney tells Liz Nord about Journal of Insomnia, an installation and web documentary featured at the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival's Storyscapes exhibit in New York City this weekend.
- The Two Guccis of Tribeca 2013
Doc Soup Man Tom Roston contemplates conflicts of interest in festival funding after learning that the 2013 Tribeca Film Festival will be screening "The Director," a documentary with a subject who is also a sponsor.
- Flaherty NYC’s Spring 2013 Series Discovers Forgotten Memories
Curator Jeronimo Rodriguez tells POV about the documentaries in Flaherty NYC's Spring 2013 Series and how he chose films that encourage discovery of forgotten memories.
- My Favorite Documentaries from True/False Film Festival 2013
Tom Roston recaps the Midwestern film festival True/False, where he saw a slate of inspiring documentaries including The Act of Killing, Stories We Tell, These Birds Walk, Pandora's Promise and My Favorite Picture of You.
- True/False Film Fest Stands Out in Missouri
True/False celebrates its tenth year, beginning February 28. Tom Roston spoke with co-founder Paul Sturtz about heading up a festival that strikes its own path.
- Ambulante 2013 Begins
The festival kicks off tonight, February 7, and tours 11 states in Mexico for what promises to be a mammoth season for Ambulante.
- Sundance 2013: Senior Programmer David Courier
Part 1 of 2: Tom Roston interviews Sundance Film Festival Senior Programmers David Courier and Caroline Libresco about documentaries to watch out for at this year's festival, which begins today.
- Sundance 2013: R.J. Cutler's The World According to Dick Cheney
Tom Roston is surprised to learn The World According to Dick Cheney directed by R.J. Cutler - screening at Sundance 2013 - isn't quite the hatchet job he thought it would be.
- Small Town, Big Ideas
The Princeton Environmental Film Festival is back, and this year's opening weekend features two hard-hitting events that will explore the impact of Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy.
- Four POV Short Films Selected for PBS 2013 Online Film Festival
Four of the 25 independent short films will be presented by POV: Ars Magna, CatCam, Sin País and Sound of Vision.