- Small Town, Big Ideas
The Princeton Environmental Film Festival is back, and this year's opening weekend features two hard-hitting events that will explore the impact of Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy.
- Four POV Short Films Selected for PBS 2013 Online Film Festival
Four of the 25 independent short films will be presented by POV: Ars Magna, CatCam, Sin País and Sound of Vision.
- Inside the 2012 Camden International Film Festival
Now in its eighth year, the Camden International Film Festival is a small-town festival with big ambition.
- Vote For These SXSW 2013 Panels About Documentaries, Social Issues and Public Media!
Have a say in which panels make it to the film/interactive conference at SXSW 2013 in Austin, Texas, next March.
- POV at Silverdocs 2012: Panels & Events
Are you in Washington, D.C., for the Silverdocs Documentary Festival? Meet POV staffers at these conference panels and events this week!
- Theo Rigby on Prototyping 'Immigrant Nation' at Hot Hacks (Part Two)
Theo Rigby (Sin País (Without Country)) is taking his next project to the web, and he’s blogging about his experience. In this post, Rigby reveals the Immigrant Nation prototype, a product of a weekend of "hacking" with Mozilla developers in Toronto.
- Theo Rigby on Prototyping 'Immigrant Nation' at Hot Hacks (Part One)
Theo Rigby, director of Sin País (Without Country), is taking his next project to the web, and he's blogging about his experience working with Mozilla developers at Hot Hacks, which is about to get underway at Hot Docs in Toronto.
- Tribeca 2012: Documentaries to Watch
A preview of documentaries from the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival slate.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'Seltzer Works'
Your votes will determine the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival! The short film Seltzer Works profiles third-generation seltzer-filler Kenny Gomberg, the last bottler in Brooklyn.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'The Archive'
Watch this Emmy-nominated short film about a man and his giant record collection (that no one wants), then vote for it and it be the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival!
- SXSW 2012: Beware of Mr. Baker
Blogger Adam Schartoff talks with Jay Bulger, the director of SXSW's top documentary prize winner, Beware of Mr. Baker.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 34x25x36
Watch and vote for 34x25x26, a short film that shows the inner workings of the Patina V Mannequin Factory and the musings of the designers who decide what the perfect female body should look like.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'Flawed'
Your votes will determine the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival! In the animated film Flawed, a woman is uneasy about beginning a relationship with a plastic surgeon.
- PBS Online Film Festival: Watch 'This Gay and Age'
Your votes will determine the People's Choice Winner in PBS's first-ever Online Film Festival! Watch an award-winning documentary short by teen filmmaker Morgan Wilcock, who examines the stereotypes that bombard today's LGBT youth.
- 4 Days, 53 Films – POV at SDFF 2012
This year, The Sebastopol Documentary Film Festival highlights a wide array of independent documentaries, including five POV films.
- SXSW 2012: Wonder Women: The Untold Story of the American Superheroines
Kristy Guevara-Flanagan went from volunteering at SXSW to having her new documentary premiere there earlier this month.
- SXSW 2012: Gregory Crewdson: Brief Encounters
Gregory Crewdson: Brief Encounters had its U.S. premiere at SXSW earlier this month. The documentary follows Crewdson as he creates a series of meticulously staged cinematic frames set in a mysterious American neighborhood.
- SXSW 2012: Paul Williams Still Alive
The documentary Paul Williams Still Alive had its U.S. premiere at the 2012 SXSW Film Festival. Blogger Adam Schartoff talked with songwriter-subject Paul Williams about his initial reluctance to share his life story.