- ‘Bill Nye: Science Guy’ Fights for Science Documentary of TV Personality and Climate Advocate Coming to POV Wednesday, April 18, 2018 in Celebration of Earth Day
'Bill Nye: Science Guy' by David Alvarado and Jason Sussberg has its national broadcast and streaming debut on the PBS documentary series POV and pov.org on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 10 p.m. (check local listings).
- POV Nominated for Critics' Choice Documentary and IDA Awards
POV nominated as a series in both awards showcases; Last Men in Aleppo gets "Most Innovative Documentary" nod from Critics' Choice Documentary Awards
- Two Iraq Veterans Take 2,700 Mile Walk To Distance Themselves From War Demons—in 'Almost Sunrise,' Airing Monday, November 13, 2017, on POV
'Almost Sunrise' has its national broadcast premiere on the PBS documentary series POV on Monday, Nov 13, 2017 (check local listings).
- An Intimate Look from Behind the Scenes and Through the Lens—in 'Cameraperson,' Airing Monday, October 23, 2017 on POV
'Cameraperson' has its national broadcast premiere on the PBS documentary series POV on Monday, Oct. 23, 2017 (check local listings).
- 'Motherland' Follows a Group of New Mothers, Their Families and Healthcare Professionals in the Philippines, Airing Monday, October 16, 2017 on POV
Ramona S. Diaz’s latest film, 'Motherland,' takes us into one of the busiest maternity wards on Earth.
- Balancing Tradition, Health and Environment in 'The Islands and the Whales,' Airing on POV and all streaming devices Monday, October 9, 2017
Scottish filmmaker Mike Day turns his lens on the isolated North Atlantic archipelago of the Faroe Islands with 'The Islands and the Whales,' airing October 9, 2017 on POV.
- An Aging Korean Couple Faces the End of Life in ‘My Love, Don’t Cross That River,’ Airing Monday, September 11, 2017 on POV
POV continues its 30th season with the broadcast premiere of My Love, Don’t Cross That River, South Korean director Jin Mo-young’s portrait of a devoted partnership that stretches to the very end of life.
- Adults Living with Down Syndrome Strive for Independence in 'The Grown-Ups,' Airing September 4, 2017 on POV
The 30th season of POV continues with 'The Grown-Ups,' a glimpse into the lives of adults in Chile living with Down syndrome from director Maite Alberdi.
- Adults Living with Down Syndrome Strive for Independence in ‘The Grown-Ups,’ Airing September 4, 2017 on POV
Legal limitations on conscious adults come to light in The Grown-Ups, a glimpse into the lives of adults in Chile living with Down syndrome from director Maite Alberdi.
- A Triumphant Portrait of Three Young Men with Autism—‘Swim Team,’ Airing October 2, 2017 on POV
A coming-of-age story that shows how sports transcend disabilities
- The Journey from Boys to Men in 'Raising Bertie,' Airing Monday, August 28 on POV
An intimate portrait of three African-American young men coming of age in rural North Carolina, executive produced by J. Cole.
- POV to Feature Short in Sixth Annual PBS Online Film Festival
POV's short 'Our Voices Are Rarely Heard' is among those featured in this year's festival
- Two Judges, Two Tribes and One Goal in 'Tribal Justice,' Monday, Airing August 21 on POV
'Tribal Justice' spotlights tribal courts that incorporate indigenous customs and beliefs into their justice systems. The film has its national broadcast premiere on the PBS documentary series POV (Point of View) on Monday, August 21, 2017.
- POV and The New York Times Close Out Embedded Mediamaker Project with Final Project on Ruby Bridges
POV and The New York Times embedded mediamaker project reached its final triumphant milestone this week as the piece “6 Years and Desegregating a School” by Bayeté Ross Smith and Logan Jaffe published in the Times.
- POV | American Documentary, Inc. Announces New Hire to Executive Produce Digital Projects
American Documentary, Inc., producers of the award-winning independent non-fiction film series POV, announced the hiring of Opeyemi Olukemi as vice president of POV's Digital Production and Innovation team.
- A Filmmaker Delves into the Secrecy Surrounding the Death of Her Uncle In 'Memories of a Penitent Heart,' Airing July 31 on POV
Like many gay men in the 1980s, Miguel moved to New York City in search of a life out of the closet. Yet in the midst of the AIDS crisis, his devout Catholic mother pressured him to repent for his homosexuality on his deathbed.
- POV to Spotlight Syrian and Refugee Crises in First Three Weeks of 30th Season
In a series first, following events nationwide commemorating World Refugee Day on June 20, POV’s 30th season opens with three feature films and two shorts about a single subject: the Syrian war and global refugee crisis.
- Reconciling Personal Accounts of the Holocaust in Shalom Italia, Airing July 24, 2017 on POV
Amid hearty Tuscan meals and sweeping landscapes, the octogenarians’ quest unexpectedly swells with humor and clashing memories in 'Shalom Italia.' Directed by Tamar Tal Anati, the film has its national broadcast premiere on July 24 at 10 p.m. on POV