- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Watch & Vote for Ars Magna
Watch and vote for Ars Magna. Nominated for a News and Documentary Emmy® Award, Ars Magna enters into the obsessive and fascinating world of anagrams with a man who took the first three lines of Hamlet’s “To Be or Not to Be” and created what has been called “the world’s greatest anagram.”
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Watch & Vote for CatCam
Watch and vote for CatCam, where an engineer straps a camera on a stray cat in North Carolina and inadvertently creates a media sensation.
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Watch & Vote for Sin País
Watch and vote for Sin País. Winner of a 2012 Student Academy Award®, Sin País explores a family’s experience as members are separated by deportation.
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Watch & Vote for Sound of Vision
Watch and vote for Sound of Vision, where a blind musician spends his waking hours confronting the hurdles and embracing the cacophony of “The City That Never Sleeps” — New York — which he will never see.
- Two Filmmakers Reinvent Their Approach for “Reinvention Stories,” a Web Documentary
"It's crazy for us to go from dedicated long-form documentarians... and here we are, supposed to make something in an environment where you can click off any time you want." - Julia Reichert
- Apply to POV Hackathon 3 by March 12!
POV Hackathon 3 will take place April 13-14, 2013, in New York City. If you're a filmmaker, developer or designer interested in cross-platform, web-based storytelling, apply to be part of it by March 12!
- Win Tickets to Watch POV Films at MoMA Documentary Fortnight
The Museum of Modern Art is celebrating 25 years of POV with a special program, MoMA Selects: POV from Wednesday, Feb. 27 - Monday, March 4, 2013, as part of its Documentary Fortnight 2013 program.
- Watch 'Guilty Pleasures,' 'Ars Magna,' 'The Learning' and 'Biblioburro' Free Online!
POV fans can now stream the documentaries Guilty Pleasures, Ars Magna, The Learning and Biblioburro for free!
- Ambulante 2013 Begins
The festival kicks off tonight, February 7, and tours 11 states in Mexico for what promises to be a mammoth season for Ambulante.
- Watch CatCam Online at POV!
Mr. Lee is an adopted stray cat that routinely disappears from his North Carolina home. Where does he go? An engineer straps a camera to the cat and inadvertently creates a media sensation. (U.S. only)
- How to Receive Documentary News and More from POV on Facebook
So you've liked POV on Facebook, but for some reason you are not receiving our updates on films, screening and general documentary news. You can change that!
- Using a Film to Nail a Dictator
Pamela Yates, director of Granito: How to Nail a Dictator, describes the way that her film was used as evidence to bring General Efraín Ríos Montt to trial for genocide in Guatemala.
- Video en línea de Reportero extendido a México: 1 al 6 de febrero del 2013
Por tiempo limitado, el público en México podrá ver el video en línea de Reportero completamente gratis. Disponible del 1 al 6 de febrero del 2013.
- POV's 'Reportero' to Stream Free Online in Mexico: Feb. 1-6, 2013
For a limited time, viewers in Mexico will be able to watch the POV documentary Reportero for free online.
- Reportero at the New York Times
A recap of a recent conversation, including filmmaker Bernardo Ruiz, about drug-related violence in Mexico and the risks journalists face.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Reportero' – Watch It Free Online For A Limited Time
Read what critics and journalists have to say about Reportero, a documentary about a veteran reporter and his colleagues at an independent newsweekly who defy powerful drug cartels and corrupt officials to continue publishing the news.
- StoryCorps, NPR and POV Among Honorees at the 2013 duPont-Columbia Awards
Last night, StoryCorps, NPR and POV were among 14 honorees at the 2013 Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Awards. The jury honored the three organizations for the "innovative" StoryCorps 9/11 animated shorts.
- Small Town, Big Ideas
The Princeton Environmental Film Festival is back, and this year's opening weekend features two hard-hitting events that will explore the impact of Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy.