- See How POV and 'All the Difference' Used Film to Mobilize Audiences Around College Graduation
In partnership with American Graduate and leading organizations around the country, the POV and 'All the Difference' teams launched the national Make All the Difference campaign to support first-generation students on the path to college completion. Read the highlights in the full report.
- POV's 'Tough Love' and America ReFramed's 'The Perfect Victim' are 2016 Silver Gavel Award finalists!
Stephanie Wang-Breal's "Tough Love" (POV 2015) and Elizabeth Rohrbaugh's "The Perfect Victim" (America ReFramed 2015) were named finalists by The American Bar Association for the 2016 Silver Gavel Awards for Media and the Arts!
- POV Wins 2015 IDA Award for Best Curated Series
POV (Point of View) won the IDA Award for Best Curated Series, sharing the honor with Independent Lens at the 31st Annual International Documentary Association Awards this past weekend in Los Angeles.
- POV, America ReFramed receive three 2015 IDA Award nominations!
POV and America ReFramed have been nominated for three 2015 IDA Documentary Awards by the International Documentary Association.
- POV Digital wins three AIVA 2015 Davey Awards!
The Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts (AIVA) has bestowed POV Interactive Shorts with three Davey Awards.
- Spread the Word: 'Point and Shoot' on PBS
Point and Shoot airs tonight on PBS (check local listings), and there's still time to let your community know about the film.
- Spread the Word: 'Neuland' on PBS
Neuland airs tonight on PBS. Check out our sample tweets and let your community know about the film.
- Spread the Word: 'Beats of the Antonov' on PBS
Beats of the Antonov airs tonight on PBS. Check out our sample tweets and let your community know about the film.
- Spread the Word: 'Tea Time' on PBS
Tea Time airs tonight on PBS. Check out our sample tweets and let your community know about the film.
- Spread the Word: 'Return to Homs' on PBS
Return to Homs airs tonight on PBS (check local listings). Let your community know about the film.
- POV Among New Fledgling Fund Grantees
POV is thrilled to be a part of an inspiring class of new Fledgling Fund grantees.
- Emmy 2012: Watch Four Best Documentary Nominees Now Streaming on POV!
Good news doc lovers! POV is pleased to announce streaming of many of its documentaries up for Emmy awards this year, including the four POV films that are up for Best Documentary!
- POV Films Garner A Record 16 Emmy Nominations!
We are humbled this morning to have received a record 16 nominations in the 33rd News and Documentary Emmy Awards, including four nominations for Best Documentary.
- POV's Annual Call for Entries is Now Open!
The PBS documentary series POV is seeking independent nonfiction films for broadcast in 2013 and beyond. Submit your film by Friday, June 29, 2012.
- 'My Perestroika' Featured as Part of The Economist Film Project on PBS NewsHour
Filmmaker Robin Hessman appeared on the PBS NewsHour to talk about her feature-length film, My Perestroika (which premieres on POV next Tuesday, June 28) as part of a series of independently produced films aired in partnership between The Economist and the NewsHour.
- This is My Family – Announcing the Judges
We are excited to announce our This is My Family jury members — journalists, filmmakers, songwriters and adoption experts including CNN’s Soledad O’Brien, Dr. Jane Aronson, Zara Phillips and Phil Bertelsen to name just a few. Check out the full list here: This Is My Family: The Jury. This is your chance to dig into […]
- An Emmy for POV!
Congratulations to Geoffrey Smith and co-producer Rachel Wexler, who won an Emmy for Outstanding Science and Technology Programming at the 31st Annual News and Documentary Emmy Awards last night for The English Surgeon. The English Surgeon was broadcast on POV in 2009. See the film’s trailer here: Geoffrey was in New York to receive the […]
- Emmy Nominations for 'Patti Smith' and 'The Betrayal'!
It was announced this morning that two POV films have received nominations for a primetime Emmy award in the Exceptional Merit In Nonfiction Filmmaking category. Congratulations to POV filmmakers Steven Sebring, Ellen Kuras and Thavisouk Phrasavath! Patti Smith: Dream of Life aired on POV on December 30, 2009. Shot over 11 years by renowned fashion […]