- Community Spotlight: PBS SoCal Screens 'All The Difference' with Rhymefest
Community Engagement and Education Intern Cyrus Stowe asks Community Engagement Manager Keena Levert six questions about community engagement and her thoughts on the film.
- Complicating the Issues: Reflections on My Community Engagement Internship
Community Engagement and Education intern Simone Leung reflects on her summer with POV.
- Featured Event: Asia Society presents 'The Birth of Sake'
Join the Asia Society for a free screening of The Birth of Saké.
- Building Avenues for Social Change: Reflections on My POV Internship
Chrissy Ramkarran interned with POV's Community Engagement and Education department as a part of the Jeannette K. Watson Fellowship program.
- Exhibit Highlights 50 years of Kartemquin Films History
Is the personal political? Kartemquin Films retrospective engages visitors on this crucial question.
- New York City Students Reflect on POV Internship Experience
This spring, we had the privilege of partnering with The Center for Arts Education and Sadie Nash Leadership Project.
- Feisty Fashion Icon Iris Apfel Sparkles in Albert Maysles' Penultimate Documentary, 'Iris'
POV's 'Iris' follows icon Iris Apfel, the embodiment of ageless grace, enthusiasm and candor—with a sense of humor to match.
- Drug War's Horrors and Unsung Heroes Clash in Riveting POV Documentary 'Kingdom of Shadows'
POV's 'Kingdom of Shadows' illuminates and humanizes the conflict by following the lives of three people who provide distinct but interlocking views of the crisis.
- Happy Fourth from POV and America Reframed: Civic Engagement is Patriotic
As a part of our mission, POV and America ReFramed believe that presenting the remarkable stories of civically-engaged Americans contributes to our democracy.
- The Return: Resentencing, Reentry Support, and a Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Evolving Roles
The Return is a POV documentary that focuses on both the returnees and the lawyers of Stanford Law School’s Three Strikes Project. Director of the Penn Program on Documentaries and the Law, Regina Austin, speculates the lawyers' motives for involving themselves and their clients in the documentary.
- Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children Presents 'The Return'
Join Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children for a free screening of 'The Return'.
- Convicted Sex Offenders Face Their Crimes and Punishments in ‘Pervert Park’
POV's 'Pervert Park' provides a unique perspective on the people nobody wants as their neighbors – convicted sex offenders; Film premieres Monday, July 11, 2016 on PBS.
- Troubled Veterans Recount War's Horrors in POV Documentary 'Of Men and War'
POV's 'Of Men and War' provides a searing account of how PTSD has affected veterans and their families; Film premieres Monday, May 30, 2016 on PBS.
- POV Kicks Off New Season on PBS with Tribeca Audience Award Winner 'The Return,' Monday, May 23, 2016
What does it mean to have a life sentence suddenly cut short? 'The Return' examines how the historic reform of California's "Three Strikes" law has affected prisoners, families, lawmakers and American society.
- POV Documentary 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' Wins a Peabody Award
"Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)," which had its national broadcast premiere on PBS's POV (Point of View) series in 2015, has won a George Foster Peabody Award!
- POV Acquires U.S. Rights for Broadcast Premiere of 'Memories of a Penitent Heart' on PBS
Memories of a Penitent Heart is a documentary that cracks open a Pandora's box of unresolved family issues.
- Fledgling Fund Supports Audience Engagement for Whitney Dow's Online 'Whiteness Project'
Downloads: Press Release In latest installment, ‘Intersection of I,’ Dallas Millennials share their views on race When award-winning filmmaker Whitney Dow launched Whiteness Project: Inside the White/Caucasian Box on POV Digital in late 2014, the interactive investigation filmed in Buffalo, N.Y. made a huge splash, attracting 1.5 million viewers and sparking conversations in the community and […]
- POV Releases New Online Installment of Whitney Dow's 'Whiteness Project'
Intersection of I, the second installment of award-winning filmmaker Whitney Dow's Whiteness Project, has been released online today. Produced in association with American Documentary | POV, Whiteness Project is an interactive investigation into how Americans who identify as white, or partially white, experience their race.