- Felicia Pride on How to Make Space for Creativity
The challenges and joys that stem from the business of creating.
- An Ode to Google Sheets: Creating a Basic Library and Taxonomy
Never underestimate the power of spreadsheets when organizing a project and setting up a system.
- Crowdsourcing is Still Hard: Some Do's and Don'ts
Some lessons learned while fumbling towards a (more) successful crowdsourcing campaign.
- App Development for Storytellers 101: How to Write a Persona and User Story
Writing personas and users stories can help simplify a big idea for a project and clarify where to start.
- POV's Picks: Native American Heritage Month
Celebrate Native American Heritage Month with stories from native communities this November on PBS and WORLD Channel.
- 'We The Voters' Turns Spotlight Back on Our Democracy
With only six days left until Election Day, a new series of videos aims to redirect the conversation back to us, the voters.
- The Stories Documentary Archives Tell
Sometimes the coolest film discoveries lurk in dusty cardboard filing boxes.
- POV Digital Lab LA: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology
Check out the six interactive projects from the 2016 POV Digital Lab in Los Angeles!
- Community Spotlight: PBS SoCal Screens 'All The Difference' with Rhymefest
Community Engagement and Education Intern Cyrus Stowe asks Community Engagement Manager Keena Levert six questions about community engagement and her thoughts on the film.
- Complicating the Issues: Reflections on My Community Engagement Internship
Community Engagement and Education intern Simone Leung reflects on her summer with POV.
- Featured Event: Asia Society presents 'The Birth of Sake'
Join the Asia Society for a free screening of The Birth of Saké.
- Building Avenues for Social Change: Reflections on My POV Internship
Chrissy Ramkarran interned with POV's Community Engagement and Education department as a part of the Jeannette K. Watson Fellowship program.
- Exhibit Highlights 50 years of Kartemquin Films History
Is the personal political? Kartemquin Films retrospective engages visitors on this crucial question.
- New York City Students Reflect on POV Internship Experience
This spring, we had the privilege of partnering with The Center for Arts Education and Sadie Nash Leadership Project.
- Happy Fourth from POV and America Reframed: Civic Engagement is Patriotic
As a part of our mission, POV and America ReFramed believe that presenting the remarkable stories of civically-engaged Americans contributes to our democracy.
- The Return: Resentencing, Reentry Support, and a Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Evolving Roles
The Return is a POV documentary that focuses on both the returnees and the lawyers of Stanford Law School’s Three Strikes Project. Director of the Penn Program on Documentaries and the Law, Regina Austin, speculates the lawyers' motives for involving themselves and their clients in the documentary.
- Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children Presents 'The Return'
Join Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children for a free screening of 'The Return'.
- POV Documentary 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' Wins a Peabody Award
"Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)," which had its national broadcast premiere on PBS's POV (Point of View) series in 2015, has won a George Foster Peabody Award!