- Featured Event: 'The Fred Korematsu Story' at the Minnesota's Public Defenders Office
Join the Ramsey County Public Defender for a free screening of 'Of Civil Wrongs and Rights: The Fred Korematsu Story.''
- Bill Nye: Science Guy – A Lesson Plan on Verifying Scientific Information
In this lesson, students will learn to spot fallacies in pseudoscience arguments and assess the validity of scientific claims.
- 5 POV Films and Resources to Honor Universal Human Rights Month
Honor Universal Human Rights Month this December with stories centering our inalienable rights and those who must fight to keep them.
- Featured Event: From Damascus to Chicago at the Rochester Public Library
Join the Rochester Public Library for a free screening of From Damascus to Chicago, November 15 at 6pm.
- Equipping the Next Generation to Create Impact Through Film
Social Impact Producer and Duke Adjunct Instructor, Heidi Nel, is in conversation with Sini Chen, Duke University Student and intern at American Documentary Inc. (AmDoc).
- The Full Frame Documentary Film Festival and PBS' POV Present Free Webinar to Promote Documentary Literacy for Educators
On Thursday, November 2, 2017, at 4 p.m. ET, join educators from across the country for a live streamed training session
- Featured Event Series: Maritime Communities Screen 'The Islands and the Whales'
POV is partnering with communities across the United States to screen Mike Day's 'The Islands and the Whales.'
- On The 20th Anniversary Of The POV Broadcast of 'In Whose Honor?'
Twenty years ago, on July 15, 1997, at precisely 8pm Central time, I took my dog out for a walk.
- POV Commemorates World Refugee Day 2017
POV commemorated World Refugee Day with more than 20 screenings across the country of our Syrian films.
- Featured Event: 'The Principal Story' at the Maiden Branch Library
Join the Maiden Branch Library for a free screening of "The Principal Story" on July 11, 2017.
- Uncovering 'Hoop Dreams' Tie-Ins
'Hoop Dreams' is a tasteful exception to the branded merchandise of Hollywood movies.
- Community Spotlight: Joe's Violin at JCC Manhattan
Set to premiere on POV July 24, Joe’s Violin captures the history behind the violin Joe once traded for a pack of cigarettes in a camp for displaced persons, and documents the unlikely friendship he forges with 12-year-old Bronx girl Brianna Perez after he donates the violin to an instrument drive.
- Felicia Pride on How to Make Space for Creativity
The challenges and joys that stem from the business of creating.
- An Ode to Google Sheets: Creating a Basic Library and Taxonomy
Never underestimate the power of spreadsheets when organizing a project and setting up a system.
- Crowdsourcing is Still Hard: Some Do's and Don'ts
Some lessons learned while fumbling towards a (more) successful crowdsourcing campaign.
- App Development for Storytellers 101: How to Write a Persona and User Story
Writing personas and users stories can help simplify a big idea for a project and clarify where to start.
- POV's Picks: Native American Heritage Month
Celebrate Native American Heritage Month with stories from native communities this November on PBS and WORLD Channel.
- 'We The Voters' Turns Spotlight Back on Our Democracy
With only six days left until Election Day, a new series of videos aims to redirect the conversation back to us, the voters.