- On The 20th Anniversary Of The POV Broadcast of 'In Whose Honor?'
Twenty years ago, on July 15, 1997, at precisely 8pm Central time, I took my dog out for a walk.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Presenting Princess Shaw'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for 'Presenting Princess Shaw.'
- POV Commemorates World Refugee Day 2017
POV commemorated World Refugee Day with more than 20 screenings across the country of our Syrian films.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Last Men in Aleppo'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for 'Last Men in Aleppo.'
- Featured Event: 'The Principal Story' at the Maiden Branch Library
Join the Maiden Branch Library for a free screening of "The Principal Story" on July 11, 2017.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Dalya's Other Country'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for 'Dalya's Other Country.'
- Uncovering 'Hoop Dreams' Tie-Ins
'Hoop Dreams' is a tasteful exception to the branded merchandise of Hollywood movies.
- Community Spotlight: Joe's Violin at JCC Manhattan
Set to premiere on POV July 24, Joe’s Violin captures the history behind the violin Joe once traded for a pack of cigarettes in a camp for displaced persons, and documents the unlikely friendship he forges with 12-year-old Bronx girl Brianna Perez after he donates the violin to an instrument drive.
- POV and American Documentary Receive Shorty Awards Honors
Digital storytelling projects from POV were among this year's honorees for the 9th Annual Shorty Awards. POV received two Audience Honors from the annual contest in the Non-Profit and Snapchat Discover categories.
- Felicia Pride on How to Make Space for Creativity
The challenges and joys that stem from the business of creating.
- An Ode to Google Sheets: Creating a Basic Library and Taxonomy
Never underestimate the power of spreadsheets when organizing a project and setting up a system.
- Crowdsourcing is Still Hard: Some Do's and Don'ts
Some lessons learned while fumbling towards a (more) successful crowdsourcing campaign.
- App Development for Storytellers 101: How to Write a Persona and User Story
Writing personas and users stories can help simplify a big idea for a project and clarify where to start.
- POV's Picks: Native American Heritage Month
Celebrate Native American Heritage Month with stories from native communities this November on PBS and WORLD Channel.
- 'We The Voters' Turns Spotlight Back on Our Democracy
With only six days left until Election Day, a new series of videos aims to redirect the conversation back to us, the voters.
- The Stories Documentary Archives Tell
Sometimes the coolest film discoveries lurk in dusty cardboard filing boxes.
- POV Digital Lab LA: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology
Check out the six interactive projects from the 2016 POV Digital Lab in Los Angeles!
- Community Spotlight: PBS SoCal Screens 'All The Difference' with Rhymefest
Community Engagement and Education Intern Cyrus Stowe asks Community Engagement Manager Keena Levert six questions about community engagement and her thoughts on the film.