- The Secrets of Saké: Tradition, Intuition and an Artist's Guiding Hand
POV's 'The Birth of Saké' Follows Meticulous Method of Bringing the Fabled Japanese Drink To Life; Film Premieres Monday, Sept. 5, 2016 on PBS
- Ms. Foundation for Women Hosts Panel on Women Documentarians
In celebration of Women's History Month, Ms. Foundation presented Women Making Films and the Power to Provoke Change.
- Family's Struggle With Young Child's Cancer Is Transformed Into Life-Affirming Video Game in 'Thank You for Playing'
Family's Struggle With Young Child's Cancer Is Transformed Into Life-Affirming Video Game in 'Thank You for Playing,' Premiering on PBS's POV On Monday, Oct. 24, 2016
- Heroes and Outcasts Seek Redemption, Justice, Peace in POV's 29th Season on PBS, Starting Monday, May 23, 2016
Not all eyes are on politicians seeking higher office. POV's new season presents unforgettable stories of diverse people—ranging from war heroes to highly stigmatized criminals—looking to reintegrate into society, often against great odds. Other films feature heroic attempts to secure justice and education and to find fulfillment in the final stages of life.
- A Simple Question Belies Depths in 'The Jinx'
Sometimes an interview question seems so simple that it belies the cultural depths that inform it.
- POV Launches New Season on PBS Monday, May 23, 2016 with 'The Return'
Documentary looks at how the amendment of California's controversial "Three Strikes" law has affected prisoners, families, lawmakers and American society; world premiere at Tribeca Film Festival April 17
- 7 Questions with Michael Kamber, Founder of the Bronx Documentary Center
We asked Michael Kamber, founder and director, seven questions about his vision for the Center and its place in the Bronx community.
- POV's 'Tough Love' and America ReFramed's 'The Perfect Victim' are 2016 Silver Gavel Award finalists!
Stephanie Wang-Breal's "Tough Love" (POV 2015) and Elizabeth Rohrbaugh's "The Perfect Victim" (America ReFramed 2015) were named finalists by The American Bar Association for the 2016 Silver Gavel Awards for Media and the Arts!
- POV Digital and Submarine Channel to Preview Kel O'Neill and Eline Jongsma's 'EXIT: A Mobile Guide to the Post Apocalypse' at SXSW
Interactive Smartphone Documentary Unleashes Emmy-Nominated Filmmakers’ Existential Fears When They Become New Parents
- Constructing Conversations about Race in 'Trick Bag'
How Kartemquin Films' 1974 short 'Trick Bag' illuminated the intersectionalities of race and class.
- Four Ways to Explore Women's History In Your Community
Here are four great ways to use POV's films to start a dialogue around Women's History Month in your community.
- 'Lost Boys of Sudan' Illuminates Refugees' Challenges After a Safe Arrival
'Lost Boys of Sudan' (POV 2004) follows two young Dinka refugees, Peter and Santino, through their first year in America. Their struggle asks us to rethink what it means to be an American.
- MacArthur Foundation Renews Support for American Documentary | POV
Three-Year Grant Will Support Award-Winning PBS Documentary Series POV, Its Digital Innovations and National Community Engagement Campaigns and the WORLD Channel Series AMERICA REFRAMED
- POV's 'All the Difference' Chronicles Odds-Defying Success of College-Bound African-American Males; Documentary Airs Monday, Sept. 12, 2016 on PBS
Filmed Over Five Years, Documentary Follows Robert and Krishaun from Chicago's South Side as They Pursue Dreams of Higher Education, Middle Class Careers
- Lauded Documentary 'Eyes on the Prize' Returns to Public Television
Oscar-nominated 'Eyes on the Prize', the critically-acclaimed documentary on America's 20th century civil rights movement, will broadcast on WORLD Channel Sundays at 8/7c starting January 17th.
- Flaherty NYC Winter/Spring 2016 Series Explores Transformations
Flaherty NYC Winter/Spring 2016 series explores transformations. POV speaks with Lana Lin about her experience as programmer for this season of Flaherty NYC.
- Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) Plays to Packed House at Brooklyn Museum
POV kicked off the new year with 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' screening to a packed house at Brooklyn Museum's first Target First Saturdays of 2016.
- New to Watch: Four Women Make Movies Films from the POV Archives
To celebrate our multi-year partnership, POV is streaming four critically acclaimed WMM films from our archive from January 11, 2016 through April 10, 2016.