- Complicating the Issues: Reflections on My Community Engagement Internship
Community Engagement and Education intern Simone Leung reflects on her summer with POV.
- Featured Event: Asia Society presents 'The Birth of Sake'
Join the Asia Society for a free screening of The Birth of Saké.
- Building Avenues for Social Change: Reflections on My POV Internship
Chrissy Ramkarran interned with POV's Community Engagement and Education department as a part of the Jeannette K. Watson Fellowship program.
- Exhibit Highlights 50 years of Kartemquin Films History
Is the personal political? Kartemquin Films retrospective engages visitors on this crucial question.
- New York City Students Reflect on POV Internship Experience
This spring, we had the privilege of partnering with The Center for Arts Education and Sadie Nash Leadership Project.
- Happy Fourth from POV and America Reframed: Civic Engagement is Patriotic
As a part of our mission, POV and America ReFramed believe that presenting the remarkable stories of civically-engaged Americans contributes to our democracy.
- The Return: Resentencing, Reentry Support, and a Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Evolving Roles
The Return is a POV documentary that focuses on both the returnees and the lawyers of Stanford Law School’s Three Strikes Project. Director of the Penn Program on Documentaries and the Law, Regina Austin, speculates the lawyers' motives for involving themselves and their clients in the documentary.
- Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children Presents 'The Return'
Join Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children for a free screening of 'The Return'.
- POV Documentary 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' Wins a Peabody Award
"Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)," which had its national broadcast premiere on PBS's POV (Point of View) series in 2015, has won a George Foster Peabody Award!
- POV Acquires U.S. Rights for Broadcast Premiere of 'Memories of a Penitent Heart' on PBS
Memories of a Penitent Heart is a documentary that cracks open a Pandora's box of unresolved family issues.
- Fledgling Fund Supports Audience Engagement for Whitney Dow's Online 'Whiteness Project'
In latest installment, 'Intersection of I,' Dallas Millennials share their views on race
- POV Releases New Online Installment of Whitney Dow's 'Whiteness Project'
Intersection of I, the second installment of award-winning filmmaker Whitney Dow's Whiteness Project, has been released online today. Produced in association with American Documentary | POV, Whiteness Project is an interactive investigation into how Americans who identify as white, or partially white, experience their race.
- Featured Event: Foothill College's Family Engagement Institute Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)'
Join Foothill College's Family Engagement Institute for a free screening of 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas A Nadie),' followed by a panel discussion.
- The Secrets of Saké: Tradition, Intuition and an Artist's Guiding Hand
POV's 'The Birth of Saké' Follows Meticulous Method of Bringing the Fabled Japanese Drink To Life; Film Premieres Monday, Sept. 5, 2016 on PBS
- Ms. Foundation for Women Hosts Panel on Women Documentarians
In celebration of Women's History Month, Ms. Foundation presented Women Making Films and the Power to Provoke Change.
- Family's Struggle With Young Child's Cancer Is Transformed Into Life-Affirming Video Game in 'Thank You for Playing'
Family's Struggle With Young Child's Cancer Is Transformed Into Life-Affirming Video Game in 'Thank You for Playing,' Premiering on PBS's POV On Monday, Oct. 24, 2016
- A Simple Question Belies Depths in 'The Jinx'
Sometimes an interview question seems so simple that it belies the cultural depths that inform it.
- POV Launches New Season on PBS Monday, May 23, 2016 with 'The Return'
Documentary looks at how the amendment of California's controversial "Three Strikes" law has affected prisoners, families, lawmakers and American society; world premiere at Tribeca Film Festival April 17