- Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children Presents 'The Return'
Join Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children for a free screening of 'The Return'.
- Featured Event: Foothill College's Family Engagement Institute Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)'
Join Foothill College's Family Engagement Institute for a free screening of 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas A Nadie),' followed by a panel discussion.
- Ms. Foundation for Women Hosts Panel on Women Documentarians
In celebration of Women's History Month, Ms. Foundation presented Women Making Films and the Power to Provoke Change.
- A Simple Question Belies Depths in 'The Jinx'
Sometimes an interview question seems so simple that it belies the cultural depths that inform it.
- 7 Questions with Michael Kamber, Founder of the Bronx Documentary Center
We asked Michael Kamber, founder and director, seven questions about his vision for the Center and its place in the Bronx community.
- Constructing Conversations about Race in 'Trick Bag'
How Kartemquin Films' 1974 short 'Trick Bag' illuminated the intersectionalities of race and class.
- Four Ways to Explore Women's History In Your Community
Here are four great ways to use POV's films to start a dialogue around Women's History Month in your community.
- 'Lost Boys of Sudan' Illuminates Refugees' Challenges After a Safe Arrival
'Lost Boys of Sudan' (POV 2004) follows two young Dinka refugees, Peter and Santino, through their first year in America. Their struggle asks us to rethink what it means to be an American.
- Lauded Documentary 'Eyes on the Prize' Returns to Public Television
Oscar-nominated 'Eyes on the Prize', the critically-acclaimed documentary on America's 20th century civil rights movement, will broadcast on WORLD Channel Sundays at 8/7c starting January 17th.
- Flaherty NYC Winter/Spring 2016 Series Explores Transformations
Flaherty NYC Winter/Spring 2016 series explores transformations. POV speaks with Lana Lin about her experience as programmer for this season of Flaherty NYC.
- Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) Plays to Packed House at Brooklyn Museum
POV kicked off the new year with 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' screening to a packed house at Brooklyn Museum's first Target First Saturdays of 2016.
- New to Watch: Four Women Make Movies Films from the POV Archives
To celebrate our multi-year partnership, POV is streaming four critically acclaimed WMM films from our archive from January 11, 2016 through April 10, 2016.
- Four Films to Celebrate Black History Month
This year's theme is "Hallowed Grounds: Sites of African American Memories".
- Almost There: Outsider Art and Documentary Ethics
In Almost There by Dan Rybicky and Aaron Wickenden, documenting an unknown artist's story leads a filmmaker to confront his own family's history of mental illness and dysfunction.
- December Streaming: Nine Documentaries to Watch This Month on POV.org
A list of documentaries to watch for free this month on POV.org.
- What to Watch at DOC NYC 2015
Basil Tsiokos of DOC NYC shares what documentaries to look out for at this year's festival.
- Commemorate National Adoption Month
Explore POV's films and resources on adoption with your community.
- Lesson Plans for English and Social Studies Teachers from POV's 28th Season
POV films are a great way to engage students with today's most pressing social issues.