- MacArthur Foundation Renews Support for American Documentary | POV
Three-Year Grant Will Support Award-Winning PBS Documentary Series POV, Its Digital Innovations and National Community Engagement Campaigns and the WORLD Channel Series AMERICA REFRAMED
- POV's 'All the Difference' Chronicles Odds-Defying Success of College-Bound African-American Males; Documentary Airs Monday, Sept. 12, 2016 on PBS
Filmed Over Five Years, Documentary Follows Robert and Krishaun from Chicago's South Side as They Pursue Dreams of Higher Education, Middle Class Careers
- Lauded Documentary 'Eyes on the Prize' Returns to Public Television
Oscar-nominated 'Eyes on the Prize', the critically-acclaimed documentary on America's 20th century civil rights movement, will broadcast on WORLD Channel Sundays at 8/7c starting January 17th.
- Flaherty NYC Winter/Spring 2016 Series Explores Transformations
Flaherty NYC Winter/Spring 2016 series explores transformations. POV speaks with Lana Lin about her experience as programmer for this season of Flaherty NYC.
- Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) Plays to Packed House at Brooklyn Museum
POV kicked off the new year with 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' screening to a packed house at Brooklyn Museum's first Target First Saturdays of 2016.
- New to Watch: Four Women Make Movies Films from the POV Archives
To celebrate our multi-year partnership, POV is streaming four critically acclaimed WMM films from our archive from January 11, 2016 through April 10, 2016.
- Four Films to Celebrate Black History Month
This year's theme is "Hallowed Grounds: Sites of African American Memories".
- Almost There: Outsider Art and Documentary Ethics
In Almost There by Dan Rybicky and Aaron Wickenden, documenting an unknown artist's story leads a filmmaker to confront his own family's history of mental illness and dysfunction.
- POV Wins 2015 IDA Award for Best Curated Series
POV (Point of View) won the IDA Award for Best Curated Series, sharing the honor with Independent Lens at the 31st Annual International Documentary Association Awards this past weekend in Los Angeles.
- December Streaming: Nine Documentaries to Watch This Month on POV.org
A list of documentaries to watch for free this month on POV.org.
- POV's Justine Nagan speaks at DOC NYC
Justine Nagan shared insights into her new role as executive director/executive producer of POV and reflections on her days at Kartemquin Films yesterday atDOC NYC’s Insiders Conference.
- What to Watch at DOC NYC 2015
Basil Tsiokos of DOC NYC shares what documentaries to look out for at this year's festival.
- Commemorate National Adoption Month
Explore POV's films and resources on adoption with your community.
- Lesson Plans for English and Social Studies Teachers from POV's 28th Season
POV films are a great way to engage students with today's most pressing social issues.
- What to Watch This November on POV.org
A list of documentaries available to watch this month on POV.org.
- November is Alzheimer's Awareness Month and Family Caregivers Month
Honor the caregivers in your life with 'The Genius of Marian'.
- Featured Partner: Chicago Public Library's Woodson Regional Branch
Join the Chicago Public Library's Woodson Regional Branch for films celebrating Native American Heritage Month.
- CMSI Asks: Is Public TV Different?
A CMSI audit of documentary series on commercial and public TV has found that the most diverse documentary series on TV are Independent Lens and POV, public TV series.