- Experience Herman Wallace's Life in New Interactive Documentary
What were those decades in solitary like for Herman Wallace? The new interactive documentary "The Deeper They Bury Me" immerses viewers into Wallace's world for 20 minutes—the amount of time a prison phone call is allotted.
- Spread the Word: 'Art and Craft' on PBS
Organizations and individuals across the country are getting the word out about 'Art and Craft'.
- Spread the Word: 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' on PBS
Organizations and individuals across the country are getting the word out about 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)'.
- The Challenges of Getting and Staying 'In the Game'
In the Game makes an important contribution to girls' sports documentary with its balanced approach to representing a team and life.
- The Ark: Eline Jongsma and Kel O'Neill on Crowdfunding a Virtual Reality Documentary
An interview with Eline Jongsma and Kel O'Neill, creators of Empire, on their upcoming virtual reality documentary The Ark.
- The Detroit Graduates: Watch the Documentary & Go Behind the Story with The New York Times
Kassie Bracken discusses The Detroit Graduates, a six part documentary following five high school seniors graduating from Denby High School in Detroit in 2013, the year the city declared bankruptcy.
- The Ragged Edge: An Interview with Matt Sienkiewicz
"When you start a documentary like this, you don't know until the very end whether or not you have a story."
- Three Docs on Ice: Science, Spectacle, and Storytelling
Three recent documentaries address glaciers and climate change with differing focus on science, spectacle and storytelling.
- Opportunity for Community Organizations and Libraries: PBS Highlights the Arts this Fall with 3 New POV Documentaries
This fall, POV invites community organizers and libraries to partner on the special PBS broadcasts of three documentaries examining art and identity -- Cutie and the Boxer, Art and Craft and Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case.
- Las luchas internas de niños indocumentados son reveladas en el documental de POV 'No le digas a nadie', que se exhibe el lunes, 21 de septiembre, 2015 en PBS
"Somos sobrevivientes", dice Angy Rivera, quien ahora es una joven mujer, y que insta a otros a "salir" de las sombras de inmigración. Una co-producción de ITVS; una co-presentación con Latino Public Broadcasting.
- 75+ Films to Watch This September on POV!
A list of feature length and short documentary films to watch for free this September on POV!
- Upcoming Events
Free screenings from the current POV season take place across the country. Find a screening near you!
- Teaching Op-Docs: Course Wrap-Up and Reflections
A look back on using The New York Times Op-Doc series as the focus for a course in online documentary production.
- Teaching Op-Docs: Helpful Resources
Some key resources, both online and in print, that helped develop materials for The New York Times Op-Docs curriculum.
- POV Hackathon 9: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology
Four teams 're-invented the documentary' at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology at the Chicago Innovation Exchange in Chicago!
- Announcing the POV Hackathon 9 Participants' Choice Award Winners…
In Your Own Words: Understanding The Troubles wins the POV Hackathon 9 Participants' Choice Award -- voted on by all team members at Chicago Innovation Exchange on August 16, 2015. See all the projects and prototypes, coming soon to the POV Blog.
- Upcoming Events
Visit our local events calendar for a full list of events happening across the country and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own!
- Teaching Op-Docs: Course Assignments
Following a semester of teaching online documentary production through the Op-Docs series, this post offers a round-up of the assignments used in the course.