Truth in absence. That’s what I was thinking about while watching Beyond Hatred, POV’s stirring doc about the murder of a gay man by skinheads in France, which airs this week (check your local listings). There’s a very deliberate way this sad story is told. The fact that it’s in French, with subtitles, enhances theContinue reading this entry »
You can follow Tom on Twitter @DocSoupMan.
POV 2009: Beyond Hatred
May 19, 2015
Brooklyn, New York
Join us for the Brooklyn premiere of Tough Love as part of BRIC FLIX, a free screening and conversation series at BRIC House. Following the screening there will be a discussion moderated by Jess Dannhauser (President and CEO of Graham Windham Foster Care Agency), with panelists Stephanie Wang-Breal (Director/Producer Tough Love), Lauren Shapiro (Director of Family Defense Practice, Brooklyn Defender Service), and Bevanjae Kelley (Parent Advocate at Jewish Child Care Association (JCCA), CWOP Board co-chair). The event is free and open to the public, but space is limited so please RSVP here.
More info »
- Legendary Director Frederick Wiseman to Pitch at Hot Docs 2015 Forum
- Hot Docs 2015: A First Look
- Teaching Op-Docs: Sound and Observation in Hotel 22
- 5 New Questions for the Coming Age of Digital Storytelling (With Answers from the Digital Vanguards at TFI Interactive Day)
- Teaching Op-Docs: Fairness and Representation