It’s no wonder that 82-year-old Agnès Varda calls her deeply personal film about her life and her movies, The Beaches of Agnès. The French New Wave, of which she was a pioneering member, liked to place their characters on a beach, where the enormity of existence and the profundity of life could be adequately pondered.Continue reading this entry »
You can follow Tom on Twitter @DocSoupMan.
POV 2010: The Beaches of Agnes
15 to Life
October 8, 2014
Washington, District of Columbia
Join American University's Center for Media & Social Impact for a free screening of 15 to Life: Kenneth's Story as part of their Human Rights Film Series. The screening will be followed by a Q&A with experts in the field. Visit the event listing for more information.
More info »
- Enter the Edit: Niels Pagh Andersen and Colin Nusbaum
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Christopher Allen ("89 Steps")
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Anrick Bregman and Nicole Paglia ("The Most Northern Place")
- Ken Burns on What We Can Do About That "One Thing We Have to Fear"
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A With the Creator of "Fukushima: The Eternal Season"