- Michael Moore's Quest to Better America
Michael Moore's latest documentary asks: Can America look outside itself for better solutions?
- The Stunning Storytelling of Laura Poitras: Astro Noise
Why award-winning documentarian Laura Poitras' first solo museum exhibition at the Whitney Museum can't be missed.
- The Breakdown of Sundance Documentary Deals
What goes into a documentary distribution deal during a major film festival?
- Doc Soup's Most Anticipated Sundance Documentaries
From 'Weiner' to 'Jim,' these are the docs that we'll be hearing about all year.
- What an Oscar Nomination Means to Joshua Oppenheimer
How Oscar recognition can aid a greater purpose.
- Doc Apocalypse? Michael Moore and Documentary Box Office Success
Tom Roston sits down with Michael Moore to talk Oscars and documentary box office success.
- Oscar or Oscan't: Doc Soup Man Predictions for Best Documentary Feature
Doc Soup Man's Academy Award predictions are in, and he had to let a few favorites go.
- Doc Soup's Top Ten Documentaries of 2015
Doc Soup Man shares his official top ten documentaries of 2015. What's on your list?
- Almost There: Outsider Art and Documentary Ethics
In Almost There by Dan Rybicky and Aaron Wickenden, documenting an unknown artist's story leads a filmmaker to confront his own family's history of mental illness and dysfunction.
- Great Expectations: The Surprising And Not So Surprising Oscar Documentary Shortlist Picks
See what documentaries made the cut for the Oscar shortlist.
- Giving Thanks for Docs
I was feeling a general sense of gratitude for the world of documentary film. I got to thinking about the many things that I am thankful for.
- The Action-Packed Nuance of Cartel Land
The case for Cartel Land to make the Oscar shortlist for Best Documentary Feature.
- What to Watch at DOC NYC 2015
Basil Tsiokos of DOC NYC shares what documentaries to look out for at this year's festival.
- A Conversation with Filmmaker Maxim Pozdorovkin
Maxim Pozdorovkin, co-director of The Notorious Mr. Bout talks about his controversial subject and Russian stereotypes.
- David Evans on Directing 'What Our Fathers Did: A Nazi Legacy'
"We had no producers. No broadcaster. No one at all who was interested in our little passion project. And that's part of what appealed to me."
- Hollywood's Opportunity for a Referendum on Scientology
Alex Gibney's documentary Going Clear is giving Hollywood the chance to say, "This Scientology crap isn't what we're about."
- Field of Vision Marries Documentary with Journalism
How journalism and documentary can complement each other in ways that touch us in differently.
- Ross Sutherland Remixes Nonfiction Storytelling
Meet the U.K. visual artist and poet that created a hybrid of poetry, documentary, rap and video art.