- Why We Hold Film Festivals to High Ethical Standards
The Tribeca Film Festival extinguishes the fire it lit with controversial documentary Vaxxed.
- The Ridiculously Diverse Selection of Top Notch Material at SXSW 2016
From web series to documentaries, see what impressed Tom Roston at SXSW 2016.
- Top 10 Documentaries to Watch at SXSW 2016
The 10 documentaries Doc Soup's Tom Roston is looking forward to at SXSW 2016.
- Reel Talk: The Panels to Look Out For at SXSW
A look into the cool panels at SXSW this year.
- New Pot Doc Finds Balance Between Politics and Play
Legalize this: Mitch Dickman's documentary follows The Denver Post after it appointed the first-ever marijuana editor.
- Joshua Oppenheimer and Adi Rukun Raise Awareness Amongst Silence
While on the Oscar campaign trail, Joshua Oppenheimer and Adi Rukun raise awareness against the silence on the 1960s Indonesian genocide.
- Michael Moore's Quest to Better America
Michael Moore's latest documentary asks: Can America look outside itself for better solutions?
- The Stunning Storytelling of Laura Poitras: Astro Noise
Why award-winning documentarian Laura Poitras' first solo museum exhibition at the Whitney Museum can't be missed.
- The Breakdown of Sundance Documentary Deals
What goes into a documentary distribution deal during a major film festival?
- Doc Soup's Most Anticipated Sundance Documentaries
From 'Weiner' to 'Jim,' these are the docs that we'll be hearing about all year.
- What an Oscar Nomination Means to Joshua Oppenheimer
How Oscar recognition can aid a greater purpose.
- Doc Apocalypse? Michael Moore and Documentary Box Office Success
Tom Roston sits down with Michael Moore to talk Oscars and documentary box office success.
- Oscar or Oscan't: Doc Soup Man Predictions for Best Documentary Feature
Doc Soup Man's Academy Award predictions are in, and he had to let a few favorites go.
- Doc Soup's Top Ten Documentaries of 2015
Doc Soup Man shares his official top ten documentaries of 2015. What's on your list?
- Almost There: Outsider Art and Documentary Ethics
In Almost There by Dan Rybicky and Aaron Wickenden, documenting an unknown artist's story leads a filmmaker to confront his own family's history of mental illness and dysfunction.
- Great Expectations: The Surprising And Not So Surprising Oscar Documentary Shortlist Picks
See what documentaries made the cut for the Oscar shortlist.
- Giving Thanks for Docs
I was feeling a general sense of gratitude for the world of documentary film. I got to thinking about the many things that I am thankful for.
- The Action-Packed Nuance of Cartel Land
The case for Cartel Land to make the Oscar shortlist for Best Documentary Feature.