What impact do documentaries have on today’s youth? Do kids even know what a documentary is? These questions came to mind when I recently saw that the Sheffield Doc/Fest was asking for applicants for its Youth Jury for the UK event in June. Initially, I was skeptical. But, when you think about it, teens doContinue reading this entry »
You can follow Tom on Twitter @DocSoupMan.
15 to Life
October 21, 2014
Join Liberty Brew & View for a free screening of 15 to Life: Kenneth's Story, in partnership with the Springfield area ACLU. University of Illinois Law School professor Steve Beckett will speak after the film. Call (217) 529-8580 for more information.
More info »
- Ten Questions for Alexandre Brachet, Margaux Missika and Gregory Trowbridge of Upian
- Enter the Edit: Niels Pagh Andersen and Colin Nusbaum
- POV Tech: Video Synchronization for Collective Viewing
- Empire: Lessons from Pushing the Boundaries of Web Video
- Announcing POV Hackathon 7 (Nov. 8-9, 2014 in New York City)
- #docchat: The Whiteness Project - Tackling the Taboo Subject of Race in America - Join on Twitter This Wednesday
- Upcoming Events
- POV Tech: Introducing Mouse and Keyboard Interactions for Virtual Reality "Films"
- "The Connection" and How Documentaries Can Be Good Medicine (Part 2)
- "The Connection" and How Documentaries Can Be Good Medicine (Part 1)