- POV to Feature Short in Sixth Annual PBS Online Film Festival
POV’s short ‘Our Voices Are Rarely Heard’ is among those featured in this year’s festival
- Featured Event: 'Herman's House' at the Skid Row History Museum
Join the Skid Row History Museum for a free screening of “Herman’s House” on July 14, 2017.
- POV Commemorates World Refugee Day 2017
POV commemorated World Refugee Day with more than 20 screenings across the country of our Syrian films.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Last Men in Aleppo'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘Last Men in Aleppo.’
- PBS Annual Meeting Discussion Highlight: “Making Independent Films Work For Your Station” with Darryl Ford Williams, WQED – Pittsburgh, PA
The third in a four-part series highlighting case studies of PBS station engagement with independent documentaries from this year’s PBS Annual Meeting.
- Two Judges, Two Tribes and One Goal in 'Tribal Justice,' Monday, Airing August 21 on POV
‘Tribal Justice’ spotlights tribal courts that incorporate indigenous customs and beliefs into their justice systems. The film has its national broadcast premiere on the PBS documentary series POV (Point of View) on Monday, August 21, 2017.
- Featured Event: 'The Principal Story' at the Maiden Branch Library
Join the Maiden Branch Library for a free screening of “The Principal Story” on July 11, 2017.
- 30 Years of POV: Documentary Filmmakers Share What the Series Means to Them
Documentary filmmakers share what the POV series means to them.
- Enter the Edit: Developing Mentorship in the Documentary Editing World
Leigh Johnson is in conversation with Penelope Falk, an award-winning editor with over 15 years of documentary experience.
- POV and The New York Times Close Out Embedded Mediamaker Project with Final Project on Ruby Bridges
POV and The New York Times embedded mediamaker project reached its final triumphant milestone this week as the piece “6 Years and Desegregating a School” by Bayeté Ross Smith and Logan Jaffe published in the Times.
- POV | American Documentary, Inc. Announces New Hire to Executive Produce Digital Projects
American Documentary, Inc., producers of the award-winning independent non-fiction film series POV, announced the hiring of Opeyemi Olukemi as vice president of POV’s Digital Production and Innovation team.
- PBS Annual Meeting Discussion Highlight: “Making Independent Films Work For Your Station” with Paul Hunton, KTTZ
The second in a four-part series highlighting case studies of PBS station engagement with independent documentaries from this year’s PBS Annual Meeting.
- A Filmmaker Delves into the Secrecy Surrounding the Death of Her Uncle In 'Memories of a Penitent Heart,' Airing July 31 on POV
Like many gay men in the 1980s, Miguel moved to New York City in search of a life out of the closet. Yet in the midst of the AIDS crisis, his devout Catholic mother pressured him to repent for his homosexuality on his deathbed.
- Featured Event: 'Dalya's Other Country' at Girls Living Life on Purpose
Join Girls Living Life on Purpose for a free screening of Dalya’s Other Country on June 29, 2017.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Dalya's Other Country'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘Dalya’s Other Country.’
- Sam Green on Crowdfunding A Live Documentary with the Kronos Quartet
Filmmaker Sam Green on crowdfunding A Thousand Thoughts, a “live documentary” in which he will appear alongside the Kronos Quartet.
- 30 Ways to Use the POV Community Network
How to use our new-and-improved POV Community Network to discuss pressing social issues in your community.
- POV to Spotlight Syrian and Refugee Crises in First Three Weeks of 30th Season
In a series first, following events nationwide commemorating World Refugee Day on June 20, POV’s 30th season opens with three feature films and two shorts about a single subject: the Syrian war and global refugee crisis.