- Featured Event: 'Bill Nye: Science Guy' with the Planetary Society
Join the Planetary Society in Miami, FL for a free screening of ‘Bill Nye: Science Guy’.
- How to Navigate Tribeca 2018's Strong Documentary Slate
Tribeca’s Director of Programming Cara Cusumano shares her nonfiction recommendations for the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival.
- Featured Event: 'Web Junkie' with the Kern County Library
Join the Kern County Library in Bakersfield, CA for a free screening of ‘Web Junkie’.
- The Creative, Fighting Human Spirit Is Showcased This Year on POV, American Television’s Longest Running Independent Documentary Series
Announcing POV’s 31st season on PBS and pov.org.
- POV's 31st Season Available for Sneak-Preview Screenings
Start the conversation around today’s most-pressing issues with documentary film.
- Four Peabody Nominations for American Documentary's POV and AMERICA REFRAMED Series
This is the fifth year in a row POV films have been nominated for a Peabody, and the first-ever nomination for AMERICA REFRAMED.
- Featured Event: 'Bill Nye: Science Guy' with Kansas City Public Television
Join Kansas City Public Television in Kansas City, MO for a free screening of ‘Bill Nye: Science Guy’.
- How the 2018 Full Frame Documentary Film Festival Hits America's Nonfiction Sweet Spot
The Full Frame Documentary Film Festival is in its 21st year, and it’s hitting America’s nonfiction sweet spot.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: The Moral Crisis of Mass Incarceration – MILWAUKEE 53206
In the following America ReFramed UNFILTERED contribution, filmmaker Keith McQuirter discusses what he calls “The Moral Crisis of Mass Incarceration.”
- Featured Event: Documentaries & Dialogues – 'Swim Team': with the Delafield Public Library
Join the Delafield Public Library in Delafield, WI for a free screening of ‘Swim Team’.
- Featured Event: 'One Town One Title – Tribal Justice:' with the Van Horn Public Library
Join the Van Horn Public Library in Pine Island, MN for a free screening of ‘Tribal Justice’.
- POV and WNET Host Screening and Panel Discussion of “Do Not Resist”
On February 27 in New York City, POV and WNET co-presented a screening and panel discussion of the award-winning documentary “Do Not Resist”.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Watching the film with The Invisible Patients
In the following UNFILTERED blog post, filmmaker Patrick O’Connor reflects on his experience wrestling with creative choices and finding peace with the decisions he made on The Invisible Patients.
- The #MeToo Movement: POV Films and Resources
POV films and resources to teach about the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment and assault.
- Featured Event: 'Detroit Historical Society's Winter Film Series: American Revolutionary' with the Detroit Historical Society
Join the Detroit Historical Society in Detroit, MI for a free screening and discussion of ‘American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs’.
- American Documentary Announces $100,000 Knight-AmDoc Kickstarter Patron Fund supported by Knight Foundation
The $100,000 program, supported by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, will use Kickstarter to advance nonfiction film and media projects and help filmmakers promote their work in the 26 cities where Knight invests.
- Featured Event: 'Between Two Worlds Part II: Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' with Law Students for Community Advancement
Join Law Students for Community Advancement in Clovis, CA for a free screening and discussion of ‘Don’t Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)’.
- On Images of Syria
This is a guest post by Julia Meltzer, filmmaker of Dalya’s Other Country (POV 2017) and Mustafa Rony Zeno, producer and film subject.