- Did the Great American Eclipse just inspire someone to make your next favorite film?
What to watch after tuning into the Great American Eclipse.
- Balancing Tradition, Health and Environment in 'The Islands and the Whales,' Airing on POV and all streaming devices Monday, October 9, 2017
Scottish filmmaker Mike Day turns his lens on the isolated North Atlantic archipelago of the Faroe Islands with ‘The Islands and the Whales,’ airing October 9, 2017 on POV.
- Critical Acclaim for 'My Love, Don't Cross That River'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘My Love, Don’t Cross That River.’
- The Emmys or The Oscars? The Award Show Flexibility for Documentaries
The golden opportunity for documentaries during awards season.
- An Aging Korean Couple Faces the End of Life in ‘My Love, Don’t Cross That River,’ Airing Monday, September 11, 2017 on POV
POV continues its 30th season with the broadcast premiere of My Love, Don’t Cross That River, South Korean director Jin Mo-young’s portrait of a devoted partnership that stretches to the very end of life.
- 'Trophy' Dives Into the World of Big Game Hunting and Wildlife Conservation
‘Trophy’ aims to challenge notions surrounding big game hunting and wildlife conservation.
- Critical Acclaim for 'The Grown-Ups'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘The Grown-Ups.’
- Adults Living with Down Syndrome Strive for Independence in 'The Grown-Ups,' Airing September 4, 2017 on POV
The 30th season of POV continues with ‘The Grown-Ups,’ a glimpse into the lives of adults in Chile living with Down syndrome from director Maite Alberdi.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Raising Bertie'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘Raising Bertie.’
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Aging in America — Who Cares for You?
Filmmaker Deirdre Fishel asks all of us to consider elders with a desire to age at home with dignity and the plight of their low-income care workers who can’t make ends meet.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Tribal Justice'
A roundup of some critical acclaim for ‘Tribal Justice.’
- Featured Event: 'Last Men in Aleppo' at Burning Books
Join Cultivate Cinema Circle for a free screening of “Last Men in Aleppo” in Buffalo, NY.
- Back to School: 10 POV Films About Education
Go back to school with these 10 documentaries about education.
- Featured Event: 'Dance for Me' at the Cultural Center at the Opera House
Join the Cultural Center at the Opera House for a screening of “Dance for Me” on August 15 at 8pm.
- 9 Films and Resources to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month
Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month by screening POV films by and about Latinx-Americans.
- PBS Annual Meeting Discussion Highlight: “Making Independent Films Work For Your Station” with Jamie Annunzio Myers – PBS So Cal
The fourth installment in a four-part series highlighting case studies of PBS station engagement with independent documentaries from this year’s PBS Annual Meeting.
- On The 20th Anniversary Of The POV Broadcast of 'In Whose Honor?'
Twenty years ago, on July 15, 1997, at precisely 8pm Central time, I took my dog out for a walk.
- Adults Living with Down Syndrome Strive for Independence in ‘The Grown-Ups,’ Airing September 4, 2017 on POV
Legal limitations on conscious adults come to light in The Grown-Ups, a glimpse into the lives of adults in Chile living with Down syndrome from director Maite Alberdi.