- Five Films to Honor LGBT Pride Month
Celebrate Pride Month by watching these five POV films featuring LGBT stories!
- With Video Everywhere, a Wealth of Stories Emerge for Documentarians
The incredible, often disturbing, sometimes uplifting seed ideas for documentaries.
- Featured Event: 'The Return' with Project Return
Join Project Return at the Nashville Public Library for a free screening of ‘The Return.’
- Featured Event: 'Don't Tell Anyone' with Brooklyn Days of Action
Join Brooklyn Days of Action at the Saint Catherine for a free screening of ‘Don’t Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie).’
- Honor World Refugee Day with Five POV Films on the Syrian War and Global Refugee Crisis
Honor World Refugee Day on June 20th by screening new films about the Syrian refugee crisis and using POV resources to start dialogue in your community.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Journey to Justice
Filmmaker Ben Wang reflects on the journey of making ‘Breathin’: The Eddy Zheng Story.’
- Featured Event: 'What Tomorrow Brings' at Burleigh Manor Middle School
Join Burleigh Manor Middle School for a screening of ‘What Tomorrow Brings.’
- POV's 2018 Call for Entries Is Now Open!
Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2018 broadcast season and beyond. The deadline for submission is Friday, June 23, 2016.
- POV's 30th Season of Films Available for Sneak Preview Screenings
Community organizations and libraries can host screenings before films’ broadcasts on PBS – for free.
- 7 Films to Celebrate Jewish American Heritage Month
May is Jewish American Heritage Month, a national month of recognition of the more than 360-year history of Jewish contributions to American history and culture.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Beyond Black and White
Filmmaker Matthew Hashiguchi recalls having wrestled with his feelings of being Asian and different when he was growing up.
- Featured Event: 'Love and Diane' at Chicago Public Library's Pullman Branch
Join the Pullman Branch of the Chicago Public Library for a free screening of ‘Love and Diane.’
- Uncovering 'Hoop Dreams' Tie-Ins
‘Hoop Dreams’ is a tasteful exception to the branded merchandise of Hollywood movies.
- Hot Docs 2017: Stellar Film Pitches, Riveting Screenings and Discovering Filmmakers
You can never see it all at Hot Docs, but at least you can figure out as soon as you can.
- POV Documentaries 'The Return' and 'Hooligan Sparrow' Finalists for CINE Golden Eagle Award
CINE’s 60th Golden Eagle Awards named two POV films as finalists in the “Nonfiction Content/Feature – Current Affairs or Investigations” category.
- A Syrian Girl Finds Her Way in 'Dalya's Other Country,' Airing June 26, 2017 on POV
POV’s 30th season kicks off with a series of films on the Syrian war and the ongoing global refugee crisis. The first, Dalya’s Other Country, follows a young Syrian girl and her mother who have been displaced by the war at home and are adjusting to their new life in Los Angeles.
- Watch Free: Five Documentaries to Stream in May
Discover new and classic films at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- From the Archives: Follow 30 Years of POV History on Instagram
Join us on Instagram (@povdocs) for a daily dive into our archive of 30 years.