The POV documentary Racing Dreams, from the director of the Oscar-nominated If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front and Street Fight, is now streaming online on POV’s website and on PBS’s mobile apps for iPad or iPhone through March 24, 2012.
Fondly described as “Talladega Nights meets Catcher in the Rye,” Racing Dreams chronicles a year in the life of three tweens who dream of becoming NASCAR drivers. Though they aren’t old enough for driver’s licenses, Brandon, Josh and Annabeth race extreme go-karts at speeds of up to 70 miles per hour in the World Karting Associationâ€™s National Pavement Series, the “Little League” of professional racing. The film by Marshall Curry (Oscar®-nominated Street Fight, POV 2005; Oscar®-nominated If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front, POV 2011) is a humorous and heartbreaking portrait of racing, young love and family struggle. Winner of Best Documentary Feature Award, Tribeca Film Festival.
Read more posts like this one...
- Next on POV: ‘Racing Dreams’
- Oscar 2012: Watch ‘If a Tree Falls’ Online at POV, Academy Award Nominee for Best Documentary Feature
- Critical Acclaim for ‘Racing Dreams’ – Airs 2/23 on PBS
- Ask Director Marshall Curry and Driver Annabeth Barnes About ‘Racing Dreams’
- POV Docs at Princeton Environmental Film Festival