We’re excited to announce that POV Premiere Parties are back! Gather as many people as you like to watch POV’s Season 26 films on your TV or laptop, then enter a random drawing for a chance to win a Premiere Party Pack with signed DVDs, popcorn, chocolate, coffee and more.
Choose your film(s) and enter now at www.pov.org/premiereparty.
Each Premiere Party Pack includes:
- Season 26 DVDs/Posters – The DVD of the Season 26 film you chose for your Premiere Party, plus two additional Season 26 DVDs and/or posters (many signed by the filmmakers!).
- Popcorn – Organic Popcorn from Quinn Popcorn
- Chocolate – Fair Trade, Organic Dark Chocolate from Divine Chocolate
- Coffee – Fair Trade, Organic, Shade-Grown Coffee from Grounds for Change
- PLUS all entries will be eligible for the Grand Prize. We can’t tell you what it is quite yet, but it will be big…
Tips for Your Premiere Party:
Gather – Your party can be as small as just your family or a couple friends, or as big as your whole staff, school, or community.
Watch – Tune-in to PBS on Monday nights at 10PM (check local listings) to watch the national broadcast premiere of the film on your TV, or watch the film while it’s streaming online for free for one month after the broadcast.
Eat – It’s not essential, but there’s no better addition to a party than food. It could be as simple as popcorn and drinks, a cook-out with hot dogs and fries, or a potluck. Past Premiere Partiers have even had film-themed food (e.g. Jambalaya for a film about New Orleans).
Discuss – After the film, talk about what you watched. You might learn something you never considered.
For those looking to go the extra mile, a viewer last year had a Fabio look alike party for Guilty Pleasures (POV 2011). It might be tough to top twelve people in blonde wigs, but give it your best shot. And don’t forget to enter for your chance to win the Premiere Party Pack!