The holidays are upon us! What better way to spend your time off – no matter how long or short a time it may be – than watching great POV documentaries? Gather with friends, family and neighbors to watch Listening Is an Act of Love: A StoryCorps Special, available now for free streaming on POV. Then, enter our POV Premiere Party giveaway before December 28, 2013, for a chance to win the StoryCorps Premiere Party Pack with their newest books, The Ties That Bind and Listening Is an Act of Love, plus a DVD of Listening Is an Act of Love, a 56 Up DVD and film poster, and fair-trade and organic popcorn, chocolate and coffee!
You’ll also automatically be entered for a chance to win the Grand Prize, which will include the ENTIRE POV Season 26 DVD collection (many DVDs signed by the filmmakers).
Our 2013 Grand Prize includes…
- ALL of POV’s 26th Season DVDs (many signed by the filmmakers)
- Select Season 26 film posters (many signed by the filmmakers)
- Divine Chocolate’s 70% Dark Chocolate Hearts
- Grounds for Change’s Cafe Femenino Peru Coffee (8oz)
- Quinn Popcorn’s Lemon and Sea Salt Organic Microwave Popcorn
- POV Reusable Tote Bag
You can enter the giveaway before or after you watch the films — just fill out the entry form here. Entry closes at 5pm ET on December 28th, 2013.
Premiere Parties can be big or small, fancy or casual. Here are some Premiere Party plans from POV viewers:
- “I will invite all of my students from the documentary film class that I teach. About 30 students who aspire to be documentary filmmakers some day. It will be red carpet premiere party at the screening room AKA our class room. In the FILM and TELEVISION Dept. “
- “I’ve invited five friends. We are all missing family members who have passed away, so we have decided to gather and watch this film and we will each be contributing a food item that we shared with or reminds us of our family member. It will be simple, as this is such a busy time of year, but we are looking forward to gathering this coming Saturday for a film, friends, and food. “
- “We watched the film as a study break for our finals! It was a good way to de-stress and remember that there are bigger things that matter.”
- “We’re adding on to a holiday party, so the theme is a given but 60+ people are invited and everyone that shows up early will grab a seat outside by the projector (yes, it’s still warm in Florida). “
Enter now at: www.pbs.org/pov/premiere-party/