Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- The Babel Project Connects Youth and Filmmaking As many return to the second half of the school year, educational organization, The Babel Project and Global Kids are working together to bring documentary filmmaking into New York City schools.
- PBS Listening Tour Comes to New York City: A Report PBS, ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, Indie Caucus and WNET hosted a full house on the Independent Film on PBS Listening Tour in New York City on February 23, 2015.
- Upcoming Events This week, eight screenings in cities across the country use film to foster dialogue and enhance awareness on a range of social issues.
- How Anyone Can Create A Virtual Reality Experience With One Line of Code With this new open-source tool from POV, you can create virtual panoramas and objects in 3D. Follow the examples to add media and interactivity to your virtual stage.
- POV's Annual Appeal was a huge success! We'd like to express our gratitude to POV's friends and family who supported independent documentary film by donating to POV and spreading the word over social media during our Annual Appeal.
- Announcing POV Hackathon 8 (April 4-5, 2015 in New York City) What could you make in a weekend? Applications are now open for the next POV Hackathon lab. Apply by March 6, 2015.
- Five POV Films to Watch This Valentine's Day Spending a cozy night in with your loved one this Valentine's Day? Might we suggest these short docs -- all streaming right now on POV -- exploring the power of love in its many forms.
- Upcoming Events This week, six screenings in cities across the country bring communities together to discuss and reflect through film.
- Upcoming Events This week, films screenings across the country engage communities in conversation around race, energy, and war.
- Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour Comes to New York City The next stop of the Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour will be in New York City on February 23, 2015. Save the date and RSVP!
- How to Experience Virtual Reality for Under $50 Virtual reality isn't just for the rich. We break down low-cost alternatives to Oculus Rift and similar devices that could bring VR to us all.
- Upcoming Events This week, communities across the country commemorate Black History Month with screenings celebrating the life of civil rights leaders and engaging in critical dialogue about contemporary social issues.
- Report Back: 'The Genius of Marian' on Capitol Hill On Monday, The Genius of Marian screened on Capitol Hill. Actor and activist David Hyde Pierce, Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), and Devon White Angelini, featured in the film, spoke at the event. Read more about the screening and discussion.
- Listening Tour Kicks Off in San Francisco: A Report A report back from "Independent Film on PBS: A National Listening Tour" in partnership with ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, and WNET from San Francisco. The next event will be on February 23, 2015 in New York City.
- Upcoming Events Join us for a free screening on Capitol Hill this Monday. For Black History Month in February, check out POV films highlighting the work of civil rights leaders and the movements they inspired.
- POV Digital Storytelling Tools: Using Virtual Reality for Data Visualization Virtual reality provides a new way to create immersive experiences based on data. View the demo (Oculus Rift optional) and download the source code.
- The Genius of Marian on Capitol Hill Join us for a congressional screening of The Genius of Marian on Monday, January 26 at 6 PM.
- Documentary Streaming Free for MLK Day: 'Brother Outsider: The Life of Bayard Rustin' Long before Martin Luther King Jr. became a national figure, Bayard Rustin routinely put himself on the line as a crusader for racial justice. But he was also seen as a political liability because he was gay.