Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Upcoming Events Celebrate National Library Week by joining screenings of Biblioburro as well as other great documentary films in libraries across the country.
- POV's 2016 Call for Entries Is Now Open! Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2016 broadcast season and beyond. Submit by Monday, June 15, 2015.
- POV Interactive Documentaries Nominated for a 2015 Webby Award! POV Interactive Shorts are up for a 2015 Webby Award and we need your help to win!
- POV Hackathon 8: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology Four teams "re-invented the documentary" at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology.
- Upcoming Events This week, commemorate Autism Awareness Month by joining HomeCare Management with a screening and discussion of Neurotypical or learn about the International Criminal Court by joining a screening of The Reckoning in San Jose, CA.
- Upcoming Events Screenings from coast to coast engage communities in conversation about a range of social issues.
- Upcoming Events This week, screenings from coast to coast engage communities in conversation about a range of social issues.
- Upcoming Events March is Women's History Month. Spark discussion concerning women's rights and celebrate the lives of strong female role models by hosting a film event in your community!
- Upcoming Events This week, Las Vegas gathers to discuss criminal justice with 15 to Life, while St. Peters follows the journey of a young Danish dancer pursuing his dreams in Dance For Me.
- Upcoming Events This week, communities from coast to coast celebrate social activism and honor National Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Week with film screenings and discussion.
- A POV Intern's Perspective on Media, Impact and Viewer Responsibility Community Engagement & Education Intern Marine offers her perspective on the impact of documentaries, and the responsibilities of viewers after credits roll.
- The Babel Project Connects Youth and Filmmaking As many return to the second half of the school year, educational organization, The Babel Project and Global Kids are working together to bring documentary filmmaking into New York City schools.
- PBS Listening Tour Comes to New York City: A Report PBS, ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, Indie Caucus and WNET hosted a full house on the Independent Film on PBS Listening Tour in New York City on February 23, 2015.
- Upcoming Events This week, eight screenings in cities across the country use film to foster dialogue and enhance awareness on a range of social issues.
- How Anyone Can Create A Virtual Reality Experience With One Line of Code With this new open-source tool from POV, you can create virtual panoramas and objects in 3D. Follow the examples to add media and interactivity to your virtual stage.
- POV's Annual Appeal Was a Huge Success! We'd like to express our gratitude to POV's friends and family who supported independent documentary film by donating to POV and spreading the word over social media during our Annual Appeal.
- Announcing POV Hackathon 8 (April 4-5, 2015 in New York City) What could you make in a weekend? Applications are now open for the next POV Hackathon lab. Apply by March 6, 2015.
- Five POV Films to Watch This Valentine's Day Spending a cozy night in with your loved one this Valentine's Day? Might we suggest these short docs -- all streaming right now on POV -- exploring the power of love in its many forms.