Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Announcing POV Hackathon 8 (April 4-5, 2015 in New York City) What could you make in a weekend? Applications are now open for the next POV Hackathon lab. Apply by March 6, 2015.
- Five POV Films to Watch This Valentine's Day Spending a cozy night in with your loved one this Valentine's Day? Might we suggest these short docs -- all streaming right now on POV -- exploring the power of love in its many forms.
- Upcoming Events This week, six screenings in cities across the country bring communities together to discuss and reflect through film.
- Upcoming Events This week, films screenings across the country engage communities in conversation around race, energy, and war.
- Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour Comes to New York City The next stop of the Independent Film on PBS: The National Listening Tour will be in New York City on February 23, 2015. Save the date and RSVP!
- How to Experience Virtual Reality for Under $50 Virtual reality isn't just for the rich. We break down low-cost alternatives to Oculus Rift and similar devices that could bring VR to us all.
- Upcoming Events This week, communities across the country commemorate Black History Month with screenings celebrating the life of civil rights leaders and engaging in critical dialogue about contemporary social issues.
- Report Back: 'The Genius of Marian' on Capitol Hill On Monday, The Genius of Marian screened on Capitol Hill. Actor and activist David Hyde Pierce, Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), and Devon White Angelini, featured in the film, spoke at the event. Read more about the screening and discussion.
- Listening Tour Kicks Off in San Francisco: A Report A report back from "Independent Film on PBS: A National Listening Tour" in partnership with ITVS, POV, Independent Lens, and WNET from San Francisco. The next event will be on February 23, 2015 in New York City.
- Upcoming Events Join us for a free screening on Capitol Hill this Monday. For Black History Month in February, check out POV films highlighting the work of civil rights leaders and the movements they inspired.
- POV Digital Storytelling Tools: Using Virtual Reality for Data Visualization Virtual reality provides a new way to create immersive experiences based on data. View the demo (Oculus Rift optional) and download the source code.
- The Genius of Marian on Capitol Hill Join us for a congressional screening of The Genius of Marian on Monday, January 26 at 6 PM.
- Documentary Streaming Free for MLK Day: 'Brother Outsider: The Life of Bayard Rustin' Long before Martin Luther King Jr. became a national figure, Bayard Rustin routinely put himself on the line as a crusader for racial justice. But he was also seen as a political liability because he was gay.
- Upcoming Events As we honor Dr Martin Luther King's work and legacy next week, consider keeping the conversation going and bring awareness to social justice issues in your community.
- Upcoming Events February 20th is World Day of Social Justice. The POV Lending Library features several films that highlight social justice issues around the world.
- POV Among New Fledgling Fund Grantees POV is thrilled to be a part of an inspiring class of new Fledgling Fund grantees.
- In Memory of Kartemquin Films Co-Founder Jerry Blumenthal Kartemquin Films founding member Jerry Blumenthal passed away in November. From POV's archive, watch an interview with Jerry Blumenthal and his POV documentary, Golub, which we are now streaming free.
- Regarding Independent Film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21 A joint statement WNET, PBS, ITVS, Independent Lens and POV regarding independent film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21.