Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Spread the Word About 'The Act of Killing' Broadcast Spread the word about the POV broadcast of The Act of Killing.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Whitney Dow (“Whiteness Project”) "I believe that if I am ever really going to understand someone else's racial experience I had to understand my own first."
- When HBO or POV Comes Calling: Defense Counsel’s Role in an Observational Documentary of a Criminal Proceeding Imagine the ethical and strategic issues that confront a defense lawyer when a documentary filmmaker comes calling. Director of the Penn Program on Documentaries and the Law, Regina Austin, weighs the pros and cons.
- This Land: Love and Independence in East Providence: Watch The New York Times Documentary Dan Barry and Kassie Bracken introduce Lori Sousa and Peter Maxmean, a Rhode Island couple who met at a training program for workers with intellectual disabilities.
- “He is charming, infuriating and sometimes coy… but he has never been boring” – 'Koch' Is Now Streaming Free at POV What critics have been saying about POV's documentary Koch, and all the ways you can watch it free right now.
- The State of Web Video: Awesome But Broken (Part 4) Delivering, playing and remixing video in real time in a browser is ambitious today, so here's the reality of what you can do when the browser fails you.
- Upcoming POV Screenings There are local screening all across the country this week. Don’t forget to visit our local events calendar for a full list of events.
- The State of Web Video: Awesome But Broken (Part 3) Brand new web video tech will let us fling our creations far and wide. But using them will take careful preparation and, as always, lots of testing.
- Next on POV: The Act of Killing As dreamlike and terrifying as anything that Werner Herzog (one of the executive producers) could imagine. Watch The Act of Killing, Monday on PBS.
- The State of Web Video: Awesome But Broken (Part 2) Real-time image and audio manipulation are now available almost everywhere, but they don't always work the way they should.
- The State of Web Video: Awesome But Broken (Part 1) Web video technology is advancing rapidly, and it's time for an update on what's possible, what's broken and what's on the horizon. The first in this series of blog posts covers the state of basic video playback in late 2014.
- Enter the Edit: Niels Pagh Andersen and Colin Nusbaum "There are a couple films in my career that changed me, not only as an editor, but as a human being... I think The Act of Killing absolutely is one of them." - Niels Pagh Andersen
- POV and Storyhunter at DUMBO Arts Festival Join us in celebrating art on the waterfront with the 2014 DUMBO Arts Festival, from September 26th-28th.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Check out the great lineup of POV films being screened across the country this week! Don’t forget to visit our local events calendar for a full list of events.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Christopher Allen (“89 Steps”) 89 Steps: A Chapter of Living Los Sures follows Marta, a longtime resident of Williamsburg, Brooklyn's Los Sures neighborhood. Now struggling to afford the rapidly gentrifying neighborhood, Marta must decide whether to stay or go.
- POV Tech: Video Synchronization for Collective Viewing A new tool that gives filmmakers the ability to create shared video experiences across a variety of devices.
- POV Celebrates Banned Books Week Join POV in celebrating Banned Books Week by hosting a film event on the topic of censorship. Borrow POV films from our free Lending Library by signing up in our Community Network.
- Empire: Lessons from Pushing the Boundaries of Web Video Working on the POV interactive documentary Empire raised a few technical challenges that are certain to come up again with future non-linear video projects. Here's how we solved them.