Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- POV at NCSS and NCTE POV was thrilled to be a part of the National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) conference in Boston this November. As always, we received a warm welcome from teachers and we're excited to showcase our educational resources alongside Independent Lens.
- Upcoming Events Visit our local events calendar for a full list of events happening across the country and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own.
- Introducing a Remote Control for Virtual Reality Films (Hint: It's in Your Pocket) Try it now! Virtual reality display technology is advancing quickly, but the way to interact with virtual worlds is lagging behind. So here's a way you can use a mobile device to navigate a virtual space.
- Upcoming Events This week, films are being screened across the US, focusing on issues that directly impact communities.As we approach International Human Rights Day, POV can help you highlight these important issues.
- Strangers at Sea: Watch the Documentary and Go Behind the Scenes Journalist Chris Museler tells POV how he navigated his role as fly on the wall in the high intensity, high stakes New York-Barcelona IMOCA Ocean Masters race onboard with professional sailors Pepe Ribes and Ryan Breymaier.
- Congrats to the BRITDOC Impact Award Winners POV gives a huge round of applause to this year's BRITDOC Impact Award winners! The BRITDOC Impact Award celebrates documentary films that have made the greatest impact on society.
- White Gold, Directed by Simon Trevor White Gold is an exposé of the modern ivory trade and its pervasive economic, historical, political and environmental effects.
- Earn CME Credits with 'The Genius of Marian' The Genius of Marian streams online until Friday, November 14th, earn Continuing Medical Education credits by watching the film.
- Join 'Whiteness Project' Creator Whitney Dow for a Reddit AMA on Thursday, November 13 Whitney Dow took questions -- unfiltered -- about issues of race in America and the interactive documentary that has brought everyday white Americans into the racial discussion on Reddit.
- POV Hackathon 7: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology Five teams "re-invented the documentary" at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology.
- And the POV Hackathon 7 Participants' Choice Winner is… Congrats to The Dandelion King, POV Hackathon 7 Participants' Choice Award Winner!
- Wednesday, December 3: A Conversation with Joshua Oppenheimer, director of 'The Act of Killing' Ask The Act of Killing director Joshua Oppenheimer your questions on Google+. Join the chat live on Wednesday, December 3, 2014, at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT).
- Upcoming Events This week, films highlighting issues surrounding how we handle disease and how it relates to families are screening across the country.
- Now Streaming: 'Every Mother's Son' We are thrilled to announce that Every Mother's Son is now available for community screenings and online streaming through May 3, 2015.
- Upcoming Events As many look forward to celebrating holidays with friends and families, you can share intimate stories from families around the world with those in your community. Host your own screening in December!
- Upcoming Events This week, five different films screen in five cities throughout the US, covering topics such as politics, genocide, and aging.
- #docchat: The Whiteness Project – Tackling the Taboo Subject of Race in America – Join on Twitter This Wednesday Join POV for a Twitter chat with Whitney Dow, director and producer of Whiteness Project: Inside the White/Caucasian Box on Wednesday, October 22 from 1-2 PM ET/10-11 AM PT
- Upcoming Events This week, 7 different films are being screened in 7 cities throughout the US, covering topics such as juvenile justice, Alzheimer's, and LBGT issues.