Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- POV Tech: Introducing Mouse and Keyboard Interactions for Virtual Reality “Films” Virtual reality experiences, such as those we are developing now for Oculus Rift, require a new set of conventions for interactions with familiar devices.
- Upcoming Events This week, 7 different films are being screened in 7 cities throughout the US, with topics including autism, criminal justice, and the oil industry.
- Giveaway: Win a Copy of “Promises Kept: Raising Black Boys to Succeed in School and in Life” Enter our giveaway before October 27, 2014 to win a copy of "Promises Kept: Raising Black Boys to Succeed in School and Life" by American Promise filmmakers Joe Brewster and Michèle Stephenson.
- 'American Promise' is back for free streaming on POV Watch American Promise for free on POV through November 8, 2014 and get an update on the award-winning outreach campaign.
- “Audacious, horrifying, boldly experimental… breaks so many rules of documentary decorum.” – 'The Act of Killing' Is Now Streaming Free at POV What critics have been saying about POV's documentary The Act of Killing, and all the ways you can watch it free right now.
- POV Tech: Filmmaking with Oculus Rift With browsers now able to track the head movements of users, I've created the ability to record and play back 3D virtual reality experiences with Oculus Rift.
- Spread the Word About 'The Act of Killing' Broadcast Spread the word about the POV broadcast of The Act of Killing.
- POV Interactive Shorts: Q&A with Whitney Dow ('Whiteness Project') "I believe that if I am ever really going to understand someone else's racial experience I had to understand my own first."
- When HBO or POV Comes Calling: Defense Counsel’s Role in an Observational Documentary of a Criminal Proceeding Imagine the ethical and strategic issues that confront a defense lawyer when a documentary filmmaker comes calling. Director of the Penn Program on Documentaries and the Law, Regina Austin, weighs the pros and cons.
- This Land: Love and Independence in East Providence: Watch The New York Times Documentary Dan Barry and Kassie Bracken introduce Lori Sousa and Peter Maxmean, a Rhode Island couple who met at a training program for workers with intellectual disabilities.
- “He is charming, infuriating and sometimes coy… but he has never been boring” – 'Koch' Is Now Streaming Free at POV What critics have been saying about POV's documentary Koch, and all the ways you can watch it free right now.
- The State of Web Video: Awesome But Broken (Part 4) Delivering, playing and remixing video in real time in a browser is ambitious today, so here's the reality of what you can do when the browser fails you.
- Upcoming POV Screenings There are local screening all across the country this week. Don’t forget to visit our local events calendar for a full list of events.
- The State of Web Video: Awesome But Broken (Part 3) Brand new web video tech will let us fling our creations far and wide. But using them will take careful preparation and, as always, lots of testing.
- Next on POV: The Act of Killing As dreamlike and terrifying as anything that Werner Herzog (one of the executive producers) could imagine. Watch The Act of Killing, Monday on PBS.
- The State of Web Video: Awesome But Broken (Part 2) Real-time image and audio manipulation are now available almost everywhere, but they don't always work the way they should.
- The State of Web Video: Awesome But Broken (Part 1) Web video technology is advancing rapidly, and it's time for an update on what's possible, what's broken and what's on the horizon. The first in this series of blog posts covers the state of basic video playback in late 2014.
- Enter the Edit: Niels Pagh Andersen and Colin Nusbaum "There are a couple films in my career that changed me, not only as an editor, but as a human being... I think The Act of Killing absolutely is one of them." - Niels Pagh Andersen