Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- POV Among New Fledgling Fund Grantees POV is thrilled to be a part of an inspiring class of new Fledgling Fund grantees.
- In Memory of Kartemquin Films Co-Founder Jerry Blumenthal Kartemquin Films founding member Jerry Blumenthal passed away in November. From POV's archive, watch an interview with Jerry Blumenthal and his POV documentary, Golub, which we are now streaming free.
- Regarding Independent Film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21 A joint statement WNET, PBS, ITVS, Independent Lens and POV regarding independent film on THIRTEEN and WLIW21.
- Upcoming Events Visit our local events calendar for a full list of events happening across the country and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own!
- Our Ethical Dilemma / Nuestro Dilema Ético Filmmaker Pamela Yates finds out she got a scene in her film When the Mountains Tremble wrong, and returns to Guatemala to investigate. Read and watch in English and Spanish.
- POV Digital Storytelling Tools: Explore the Real World in Virtual Reality Fly through any city in virtual reality through your web browser and Oculus Rift with this new tool from POV. (And build on the source code.)
- Upcoming Events January is National Mentoring Month. Help celebrate the teachers and guides in your community by hosting a screening of inspiring films that showcase how others are sharing their knowledge and wisdom with the world.
- POV Digital Storytelling Tools: Adding a New Dimension to Archival Photography How the team from the interactive documentary Camp Century brought static photographs to life, and how you can use the technology for your next project.
- Upcoming Events Next week commemorates International Human Rights Day. Join POV and our local screening partners in bringing awareness throughout the year to issues concerning human rights.
- POV at NCSS and NCTE POV was thrilled to be a part of the National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) conference in Boston this November. As always, we received a warm welcome from teachers and we're excited to showcase our educational resources alongside Independent Lens.
- Upcoming Events Visit our local events calendar for a full list of events happening across the country and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own.
- Introducing a Remote Control for Virtual Reality Films (Hint: It's in Your Pocket) Try it now! Virtual reality display technology is advancing quickly, but the way to interact with virtual worlds is lagging behind. So here's a way you can use a mobile device to navigate a virtual space.
- Upcoming Events This week, films are being screened across the US, focusing on issues that directly impact communities.As we approach International Human Rights Day, POV can help you highlight these important issues.
- Strangers at Sea: Watch the Documentary and Go Behind the Scenes Journalist Chris Museler tells POV how he navigated his role as fly on the wall in the high intensity, high stakes New York-Barcelona IMOCA Ocean Masters race onboard with professional sailors Pepe Ribes and Ryan Breymaier.
- Congrats to the BRITDOC Impact Award Winners POV gives a huge round of applause to this year's BRITDOC Impact Award winners! The BRITDOC Impact Award celebrates documentary films that have made the greatest impact on society.
- White Gold, Directed by Simon Trevor White Gold is an exposé of the modern ivory trade and its pervasive economic, historical, political and environmental effects.
- Earn CME Credits with 'The Genius of Marian' The Genius of Marian streams online until Friday, November 14th, earn Continuing Medical Education credits by watching the film.
- Join 'Whiteness Project' Creator Whitney Dow for a Reddit AMA on Thursday, November 13 Whitney Dow took questions -- unfiltered -- about issues of race in America and the interactive documentary that has brought everyday white Americans into the racial discussion on Reddit.