Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Upcoming POV Screenings People are eager to see what POV's 27th season has to offer, with sneak-preview screenings happening throughout the country. Check out our local screenings map to find POV community screenings happening in your area.
- Join a Live Q&A with Donovan, Mr. Womack and the Filmmakers of 'The Jazz Ticket' – Tuesday! Join the video chat on Google+ with the subjects and filmmakers of the inspiring documentary short. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at 7-8 PM ET (4-5 PM PT).
- Next on POV: Dance for Me At 15, Russian ballroom dancer Egor leaves everyone and everything he knows for a chance to team up with promising 14-year-old performer Mie. Will his choice be worth it? Dance for Me premieres Monday, July 21, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Join an Online Chat with 'Fallen City' Filmmaker Qi Zhao Fallen City director Qi Zhao is taking your questions in a live chat. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at 11 AM ET (8 AM PT).
- Chat Live with Egor from 'Dance for Me' and Filmmaker Katrine Philp Ask your questions on Google+ this Tuesday, July 22, 2014, starting at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT).
- Coming Soon to POV: Neurotypical The POV documentary Neurotypical is an unprecedented exploration of autism from the point of view of autistic people themselves. Watch the encore presentation August 11, 2014, on PBS stations.
- POV Films Receive 6 Emmy Nominations! POV has received 6 nominations for the 35th Annual News & Documentary Emmy Awards. PBS earned three of the five nominations for Best Documentary and 43 nominations in total. more than any other broadcaster.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'Getting Back to Abnormal' Premieres Tonight Getting Back to Abnormal premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit for easy ways to help spread the word.
- Getting Ready for a Year of Experimentation (“No Predictions” Edition) New capabilities demand new conventions for communicating with viewers as well as new processes for authors.
- “Just Watched It, Now I'm Crying” – PBS Viewers Had These Touching Reactions to POV's “My Way to Olympia” Watch My Way to Olympia free on POV's website & apps until August 7, 2014, and join the conversation. #MyWayToOlympia
- Next on POV: Getting Back to Abnormal Corruption. Racism. Dancing in the streets. Election time in New Orleans. Let the good times roll. Premieres Monday, July 14, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Critical Acclaim for “My Way to Olympia” – Now Streaming Free Online at POV Read what critics have been saying about POV's documentary My Way to Olympia, then watch it free right now on the POV website or mobile apps!
- Brian Chirls Selected as POV Digital Technology Fellow The independent film innovator will be embedded in POV for a one-year fellowship funded by Knight Foundation, developing digital tools for documentary filmmakers, journalists and other nonfiction media-makers.
- Viewers Respond to 'American Revolutionary' – Watch Free Online Until July 30, 2014! See what viewers have been saying about American Revolutionary, streaming free on POV's website in July.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'My Way to Olympia' Premieres Tonight My Way to Olympia premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit for easy ways to help spread the word.
- Next on POV: My Way to Olympia Who better to cover the Paralympics than a disabled filmmaker who hates sports and deems the games "stupid?" Watch Niko von Glasow's My Way to Olympia Monday, July 7, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Critics Are Raving About “When I Walk” and You Can Watch It Free Here! Read what critics have been saying about POV's season premiere, the documentary When I Walk, then watch it free right now on the POV website or mobile apps!
- Coming Soon to POV: 15 to Life Does sentencing a teenager to life without parole serve society? This eye-opening film reveals a justice system that routinely condemns young Americans to die in prison. Premieres Monday, August 4, 2014, on PBS stations.