Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Coming Soon to POV: 15 to Life Does sentencing a teenager to life without parole serve society? This eye-opening film reveals a justice system that routinely condemns young Americans to die in prison. Premieres Monday, August 4, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Networking Tips for Documentary Filmmakers In the latest episode of TFI Live, POV Digital Executive Producer Adnaan Wasey offers tips for networking like a pro.
- Join an Online Video Chat with the Filmmakers of “Getting Back to Abnormal” Ask the filmmakers on Google+ on Tuesday, July 15, 2014, from 12:30-1:15 PM ET (9:30-10:15 AM PT).
- Critical Acclaim for “American Revolutionary” – Missed It on PBS? Watch It Online Now! Read what critics have been saying about American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs and watch the film free right now on the POV website or mobile apps!
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'American Revolutionary' Premieres Tonight American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit for easy ways to help spread the word.
- Paralympic Gold Medalist Greg Polychronidis Joins 'My Way to Olympia' Filmmaker Niko von Glasow for Live Chat Ask the filmmaker and a Paralympic gold medalist featured in My Way to Olympia on Google+! Tuesday, July 8, 1-2 PM ET (10-11 AM PT).
- Upcoming POV screenings People are eager to jump into POV's new season this week, with sneak-preview screenings happening throughout the nation. Check out our local screenings map to find POV community screenings happening in your area.
- Next on POV: “American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs” Meet Grace Lee Boggs, a Chinese American philosopher in Detroit who has been waging a revolution for 75 years. American Revolutionary premieres Monday, June 30, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Coming Soon to POV: Fallen City After an earthquake levels Beichuan, China, a modern replica rises with astounding speed, but while a city can be rebuilt quickly, reconstructing a community's heart and soul is a long, emotional journey for the survivors. Fallen City premieres Monday, July 28, 2014, on PBS stations.
- American Revolutionary at the Shabazz Center POV intern Dain A. Evans reports back from a community screening of American Revolutionary presented at the Malcolm X and Dr. Betty Shabazz Memorial and Educational Center in partnership with Active Voice and The World Cafe.
- Join an Online Screening of 'American Revolutionary' with Filmmaker Grace Lee on July 1 Watch the film and chat with the filmmaker in a "social screening" along with other POV viewers. Tuesday, July 1, 2014, from 7-8:45 PM ET (4-5:45 PM PT).
- Viewers Respond to 'When I Walk' – Watch Free Online Until July 23, 2014! See what viewers have been saying about When I Walk, streaming free on POV's website until July 23, 2014.
- 'When I Walk' at the 2014 Northside Festival POV intern Amanda Brzezowski reports back from the When I Walk screening and Q&A at the Northside Film Festival. Hear what filmmakers and subjects Jason DaSilva and Alice Cook, and executive producer Yael Melamede, had to say about making the film.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'When I Walk' Premieres Tonight When I Walk premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit for easy ways to help spread the word.
- Upcoming POV Screenings With summer on everyone's mind, youth-centered films are popular this week - screenings are happening throughout the country! Check out our local screenings map to find out about POV community screenings happening in your area.
- Next on POV: When I Walk Jason DaSilva was 25 years old and a rising independent filmmaker when a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis changed everything — and inspired him to make another film. When I Walk premieres Monday, June 23, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Coming Soon to POV: Dance for Me At 15, Russian ballroom dancer Egor leaves everyone and everything he knows for a chance to team up with promising 14-year-old performer Mie. Will his choice be worth it? Dance for Me premieres Monday, July 21, 2014, on PBS stations.
- #docchat: Join a Twitter Chat with 'When I Walk' Filmmakers Jason DaSilva & Alice Cook A diagnosis of multiple sclerosis didn't stop Jason DaSilva from making When I Walk. Join a chat with DaSilva and special guests. Tuesday, June 24, 2014, from 7-9 PM ET (4-6 PM PT).