Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Coming Soon to POV: Dance for Me At 15, Russian ballroom dancer Egor leaves everyone and everything he knows for a chance to team up with promising 14-year-old performer Mie. Will his choice be worth it? Dance for Me premieres Monday, July 21, 2014, on PBS stations.
- #docchat: Join a Twitter Chat with 'When I Walk' Filmmakers Jason DaSilva & Alice Cook A diagnosis of multiple sclerosis didn't stop Jason DaSilva from making When I Walk. Join a chat with DaSilva and special guests. Tuesday, June 24, 2014, from 7-9 PM ET (4-6 PM PT).
- #docchat: How to Make the Documentary Short – With Storyhunter & the Filmmakers of “The Jazz Ticket” Join the video chat on Google+ this Tuesday, June 17, 2014, 1-2 PM (10-11 AM PT), and ask your questions about The Jazz Ticket and Storyhunter's editorial process.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Jason DaSilva's powerful document When I Walk opens our 27th Season on June 23rd - and communities across the country are getting a sneak peek. To find out about POV community screenings happening in your area, check out our local screenings map.
- Coming Soon to POV: Getting Back to Abnormal Corruption. Racism. Dancing in the streets. Election time in New Orleans. Let the good times roll. Getting Back to Abnormal premieres Monday, July 14, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Coming Soon to POV: My Way to Olympia Who better to cover the Paralympics than a disabled filmmaker who hates sports and deems the games "stupid?" Niko von Glasow's "My Way to Olympia" premieres Monday, July 7, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Coming Soon to POV: American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs Meet Grace Lee Boggs, a Chinese American philosopher in Detroit who has been waging a revolution for 75 years. Premieres Monday, June 30, 2014, on PBS stations.
- #docchat: “How to Get Your Film on Public Television” with POV's VP of Programming & Production Chris White Join the video chat on Google+ this Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 1-2 PM (10-11 AM PT), and ask your questions about how to navigate the public television submission process.
- Coming Soon to POV: When I Walk Jason DaSilva was 25 years old and a rising independent filmmaker when a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis changed everything — and inspired him to make another film. When I Walk premieres Monday, June 23, 2014, on PBS stations.
- POV's “The Jazz Ticket” Selected for 2014 PBS Online Film Festival POV presents The Jazz Ticket as part of the third annual PBS Online Film Festival. Watch the Online Film Festival trailer.
- Now Streaming! The Words in the Margins – New Documentary Short from POV Celebrate independent films with PBS Indies Shorts by watching a new POV short, The Words in the Margins.
- The Nipple Artist: Behind the Scenes with Journalist Kassie Bracken The New York Times video journalist Kassie Bracken on roadtripping with Caitlin Kiernan to Finksburg, Maryland in search of nipples.
- The Nipple Artist: Behind the Scenes With Subject Caitlin Kiernan Caitlin Kiernan, subject of The New York Times documentary "The Nipple Artist," talks to POV about telling her story.
- The Nipple Artist: Watch the Documentary and Go Behind the Scenes How do breast cancer survivors recapture their sense of self after surgeries, chemotherapy and reconstruction? "The Nipple Artist" by The New York Times tells the story of one woman's journey for closure... and nipples.
- Filmmaker Joanna Rudnick on Life with the “Breast Cancer Gene” and Human Gene Patenting In the Family filmmaker Joanna Rudnick gives POV an update on her health and personal life.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Sneak preview screenings of our 27th Season are starting around the country. Eager to join the conversation? Visit our local events calendar to browse events by zip code.
- How the POV Hackathon Prototype “Aerial Viewing” Was Made "We wanted to make the technology fade into the background, not be obvious -- truly content over chrome. We also wanted to experiment with breaking the rules of traditional video playback that is seen commonly on the web and in apps."
- POV Hackathon 6: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology Five teams "re-invented the documentary" at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology.