Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Featured Event: 'The Return' with Project Return Join Project Return at the Nashville Public Library for a free screening of 'The Return.'
- Honor World Refugee Day with Five POV Films on the Syrian War and Global Refugee Crisis Honor World Refugee Day on June 20th by screening new films about the Syrian refugee crisis and using POV resources to start dialogue in your community.
- POV's 2018 Call for Entries Is Now Open! Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2018 broadcast season and beyond. The deadline for submission is Friday, June 23, 2016.
- POV's 30th Season of Films Available for Sneak Preview Screenings Community organizations and libraries can host screenings before films' broadcasts on PBS - for free.
- 7 Films to Celebrate Jewish American Heritage Month May is Jewish American Heritage Month, a national month of recognition of the more than 360-year history of Jewish contributions to American history and culture.
- Watch Free: Five Documentaries to Stream in May Discover new and classic films at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- From the Archives: Follow 30 Years of POV History on Instagram Join us on Instagram (@povdocs) for a daily dive into our archive of 30 years.
- Community Spotlight: Joe's Violin at JCC Manhattan Set to premiere on POV July 24, Joe’s Violin captures the history behind the violin Joe once traded for a pack of cigarettes in a camp for displaced persons, and documents the unlikely friendship he forges with 12-year-old Bronx girl Brianna Perez after he donates the violin to an instrument drive.
- Eight Independent Documentaries To Stream for Free This Spring Discover new and classic films at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: The Color of Change is #LOVE Edythe Boone is an artist/activist driven by the practice of engaging others through public art and mural making.
- Featured Event: Hooligan Sparrow at Cultivate Cinema Circle, Buffalo Featured Event: Join Cultivate Cinema Circle for a free screening of Nanfu Wang's Hooligan Sparrow!
- Featured Event: 'Special Flight' at Mini Microcinema, Cincinnati Join the University of Cincinnati Center for Film and Media Studies for a free screening and discussion of 'Special Flight' and related shorts.
- Featured Event: 'Don't Tell Anyone' at DreamWeek San Antonio Join DreamWeek for a free screening of 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)'.
- American Documentary's Year in Review With the new year in sight, it's a great time to look back on 2016. Here are some of our favorite highlights.
- Featured Event: 'In the Light of Reverence' at Chamizal National Memorial Theatre Join the Chamizal National Memorial and the National Park Service for a free screening of In Light of Reverence. For more information, call (915) 532-7273 (x.126).
- See How POV and 'All the Difference' Used Film to Mobilize Audiences Around College Graduation In partnership with American Graduate and leading organizations around the country, the POV and 'All the Difference' teams launched the national Make All the Difference campaign to support first-generation students on the path to college completion. Read the highlights in the full report.
- Featured Event: KUED and Sorenson Unity Center Present 'From This Day Forward' Join KUED and Sorenson Unity Center for a free screening of 'From This Day Forward.'
- POV Awards Grants to PBS Stations as Part of the Make All the Difference Campaign Thanks to the generous support from CPB, leading up to the All the Difference national broadcast, POV awarded grants to five public television stations to organize high-profile regional activities and screenings.