Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- 'Almost Sunrise' NYC Premiere at Human Rights Watch Film Festival On Monday, June 13, Human Rights Watch Film Festival hosted the New York City premiere of 'Almost Sunrise' at the Film Society of Lincoln Center.
- Marathon County Public Library Presents 'Out in the Night' Join the Marathon County Public Library for a free screening of 'Out in the Night', in celebration of LGBT Pride Month.
- Featured Event: Bronx Documentary Presents 'My Way to Olympia' Join the Bronx Documentary Center for a free screening of My Way to Olympia, as part of their 1st Annual Sports Film Series.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Six questions with 'College Week' filmmaker Derek Grace At its core, College Week instills in young children a sense of self-worth and the idea that they can accomplish amazing things in life. The majority of these children don’t have positive role models who place an emphasis on education. In fact, teachers may be the only people in their immediate circles who can impart a love of learning and have completed higher education.
- Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children Presents 'The Return' Join Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children for a free screening of 'The Return'.
- DCTV's 'Confines That Bind' Screening Series Presents 'The Return' DCTV's 'Confines That Bind' screening series explores incarceration and criminal justice reform through documentary film in their landmark firehouse in downtown Manhattan.
- 3 Ways to Start a Dialogue About Traumatic Stress for National PTSD Awareness Month POV has created a number of free resources to help foster open dialogue around PTSD and traumatic stress in your community
- 5 Films to Celebrate LGBT Pride Month POV takes a look at a number of films from our archive that shed light on the ongoing issues related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
- Featured Event: Amnesty International Honolulu Presents 'The Storm Makers' Where: Amnesty International, Honolulu – Honolulu, HI When: Sunday, June 5th @ 7:00pm The Storm Makers by Guillaume Suon Join Amnesty International’s Honolulu Chapter for a free screening of The Storm Makers, as part of their Human Rights Film Festival. For more information, call (512) 366-0782. About Amnesty International: Amnesty International is a global movement of people fighting injustice […]
- POV Announces 2016 POV Digital Labs for New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco; Now Seeking Teams of Storyteller/Hackers Applications are due Aug. 19 for the 2016 POV Digital Labs in New York City (Sept. 24-25), Los Angeles (Oct. 15-16) and San Francisco (Oct. 29-30) #povlab
- Featured Event: Dream Resource Center and the UCLA Downtown Labor Center Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' Where: UCLA Dream Resource Center – Los Angeles, CA When: Monday, May 23rd @ 6:00pm Don’t Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) by Mikaela Shwer Join the Dream Resource Center and the UCLA Downtown Labor Center for a free screening of Don’t Tell Anyone, in honor of Immigrant Day. The screening will be followed by a […]
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Kenneth Eng and self-realization through documentary “My father’s story would fall on my deaf ears until I returned to China with him,” says Eng. “During my entire childhood, I couldn't comprehend the magnitude of his story until I saw it with my own eyes. It's only now that I am beginning to understand and truly value his selfless act.”
- POV Is Streaming 100+ Independent Documentary Films Free Online This Season Discover new and classic films at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- Featured Event: Calabasas Library Film Fanatics Presents 'My Way to Olympia' Join Calabasas Library Film Fanatics for a free screening of My Way To Olympia.
- Six Interviews from 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)'s Day at the StoryCorps Booth "It would mean the world to me to graduate college. If I could somehow return and show my grandmother that I accomplished something and that our separation was not for nothing."
- Featured Event: Amnesty International Honolulu Presents 'The Storm Makers' Amnesty International's Honolulu Chapter will screen The Storm Makers as part of their Human Rights Film Festival.
- Featured Event: University of Oregon's Conflict Resolution Services Presents 'Beats of the Antonov' Join The University of Oregon's Conflict Resolution Services for a free screening of 'Beats of the Antonov,' followed by a discussion.
- Featured Event: Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation is hosting a screening of the documentary Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas A Nadie).