Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Upcoming POV Screenings This week, get ready to go back to school with two screenings of American Promise. Don't forget to visit our local events calendar for a full list of events happening across the country!
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'Fallen City' Premieres Tonight! Fallen City premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit for easy ways to help spread the word.
- Next on POV: Fallen City After an earthquake in Sichuan, China, a destroyed city is rebuilt nearby in an astoundingly quick two years. But for the survivors, rebuilding their lives will take much longer. Fallen City premieres Monday, July 28, 2014, at 10 PM on PBS stations.
- These Viewers Were Moved by POV's 'Dance for Me' – Read Their Reactions & Watch the Film Free Online Here! Watch Dance for Me free on POV's website and apps until August 20, 2014, and join the conversation. #danceforme
- Upcoming POV Screenings Visit our local events calendar for a full list of events happening across the country and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own! And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @POVengage to stay connected to the latest news and screening info from Community Engagement and Education. Chicago, IL Koch Tuesday, July 29th at 7:00pm Come to […]
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'Dance for Me' Premieres Tonight Dance for Me premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit for easy ways to help spread the word.
- Smart Cropping for Video: A Tool for Displaying Video at Any Aspect Ratio With ubiquitous availability of video in mobile and desktop browsers, letterbox may no longer be the best way to adapt a viewers experience to the content.
- Getting Back to Abnormal Premiere Party at d.b.a. Brooklyn POV and filmmakers Louis Alvarez, Andrew Kolker, and Peter Odabashian had a great time celebrating the PBS national broadcast of Getting Back to Abnormal on Monday July 14th at d.b.a Brooklyn.
- Upcoming POV Screenings People are eager to see what POV's 27th season has to offer, with sneak-preview screenings happening throughout the country. Check out our local screenings map to find POV community screenings happening in your area.
- Join a Live Q&A with Donovan, Mr. Womack and the Filmmakers of 'The Jazz Ticket' – Tuesday! Join the video chat on Google+ with the subjects and filmmakers of the inspiring documentary short. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at 7-8 PM ET (4-5 PM PT).
- Next on POV: Dance for Me At 15, Russian ballroom dancer Egor leaves everyone and everything he knows for a chance to team up with promising 14-year-old performer Mie. Will his choice be worth it? Dance for Me premieres Monday, July 21, 2014, on PBS stations.
- Join an Online Chat with 'Fallen City' Filmmaker Qi Zhao Fallen City director Qi Zhao is taking your questions in a live chat. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at 11 AM ET (8 AM PT).
- Chat Live with Egor from 'Dance for Me' and Filmmaker Katrine Philp Ask your questions on Google+ this Tuesday, July 22, 2014, starting at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT).
- Coming Soon to POV: Neurotypical The POV documentary Neurotypical is an unprecedented exploration of autism from the point of view of autistic people themselves. Watch the encore presentation August 11, 2014, on PBS stations.
- POV Films Receive 6 Emmy Nominations! POV has received 6 nominations for the 35th Annual News & Documentary Emmy Awards. PBS earned three of the five nominations for Best Documentary and 43 nominations in total. more than any other broadcaster.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'Getting Back to Abnormal' Premieres Tonight Getting Back to Abnormal premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit for easy ways to help spread the word.
- Getting Ready for a Year of Experimentation (“No Predictions” Edition) New capabilities demand new conventions for communicating with viewers as well as new processes for authors.
- “Just Watched It, Now I'm Crying” – PBS Viewers Had These Touching Reactions to POV's “My Way to Olympia” Watch My Way to Olympia free on POV's website & apps until August 7, 2014, and join the conversation. #MyWayToOlympia