Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- The Nipple Artist: Behind the Scenes With Subject Caitlin Kiernan Caitlin Kiernan, subject of The New York Times documentary "The Nipple Artist," talks to POV about telling her story.
- The Nipple Artist: Watch the Documentary and Go Behind the Scenes How do breast cancer survivors recapture their sense of self after surgeries, chemotherapy and reconstruction? "The Nipple Artist" by The New York Times tells the story of one woman's journey for closure... and nipples.
- Filmmaker Joanna Rudnick on Life with the “Breast Cancer Gene” and Human Gene Patenting In the Family filmmaker Joanna Rudnick gives POV an update on her health and personal life.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Sneak preview screenings of our 27th Season are starting around the country. Eager to join the conversation? Visit our local events calendar to browse events by zip code.
- How the POV Hackathon Prototype “Aerial Viewing” Was Made "We wanted to make the technology fade into the background, not be obvious -- truly content over chrome. We also wanted to experiment with breaking the rules of traditional video playback that is seen commonly on the web and in apps."
- POV Hackathon 6: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology Five teams "re-invented the documentary" at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology.
- Announcing the POV Hackathon 6 Participants' Choice Winner… Congrats to The World In Ten Blocks, POV Hackathon 6 Participants' Choice Award Winner!
- Upcoming POV screenings It's a cross-cultural kind of week, with diverse screenings happening from New York to Michigan. Eager to join the conversation? Visit our local events calendar to browse events by zip code.
- International Students at The New School Screen and Discuss 'Last Train Home' In celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, POV intern Tomas Uribe and the International Student Society and Advisory board screened Last Train Home at The New School. Tomas reports back on the screening and discussion on migration and human rights.
- POV Hackathon 5: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology Six teams "re-invented the documentary" at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology.
- And the POV Hackathon 5 Participants' Choice Winner Is… Congrats to Noriginals, POV Hackathon 5 Participants' Choice Award Winners!
- Mother's Day Streaming: Watch “Me & You” Watch Me & You, a new animated short from StoryCorps, now streaming on POV.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Libraries and community centers across the country are sparking dialogue with POV films next week. Want to join the conversation? Visit our local events calendar to browse events by zip code.
- POV Hackathon: Last Call for Volunteers! Want a behind-the-scenes look into the creation of interactive documentaries? Volunteer for POV Hackathon 5 or 6 in New York or Los Angeles!
- POV Hackathon 6: The Projects! Five teams of media creators and technologists have been selected to participate in POV Hackathon 6. RSVP to attend the May 18 Los Angeles Screening at The Hub LA.
- Film Presence and After Tiller: An Outreach Case Study for Filmmakers Our friends at IFP, Film Presence and the filmmakers of After Tiller treated a packed house at the Made in NY Media Center by IFP to an illuminating case study of the film’s outreach campaign and audience-building strategy.
- Upcoming POV Screenings From Florida to Wisconsin and California, screenings are happening at all ends of the country this week. Visit our local events calendar to browse events by zip code.
- POV Hackathon 5: The Projects! Six teams of media creators and technologists have been selected to participate in POV Hackathon 5. RSVP to attend the May 11 New York City screening at the Center for Social Innovation.