Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- The Men of Atalissa: Watch the Documentary & Go Behind the Story with Journalists from The New York Times Kassie Bracken and Dan Barry tell POV the story behind the story of a group of men with intellectual disability who, for decades, were exploited by a turkey-processing company.
- Upcoming POV Screenings As this Women's History Month gets going, 'Ella Es El Matador' is a popular film for screenings, and like several other engaging and informative films, is being shown across the country. Visit our local events calendar for a full listing and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own!
- What's Streaming, March 2014 Edition Watch award-winning documentaries from POV free online this month! Including recent films you missed on TV, online-exclusive documentary shorts, and classics from POV's 27-year archive.
- PBS Indies Shorts – Now Streaming at POV Celebrate independent films with the PBS Indies Shorts by streaming three new POV shorts.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Get ready to bring in March with POV films and check out these community screenings happening near you. Visit our local events calendar for a full listing and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own!
- POV Hackathon Is Coming to NYC & LA in May 2014! Media Makers & Technologists Apply by March 26, 2014 Fast Company called it one of 2014's "most anticipated events." Don't miss your chance to participate in POV Hackathon.
- Upcoming POV Screenings From Louisville, Kentucky to Oceanside, California, POV community screenings are happening all across the country this week. Visit our local events calendar for a full listing and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own!
- Upcoming POV Screenings Winter blues got you down? Lift your mood and sharpen your mind by attending one of our screenings this week, several of which include our more recent broadcast, American Promise. Check out our Local Events Map for a complete list of upcoming screenings near you.
- Homegoings: New Ways to Watch on Vimeo Homegoings will be available for digital rental through Vimeo on Demand starting February 18, 2014.
- Viewers Respond to “American Promise” – Watch Free Online Until March 6, 2014! Highlights of what viewers have been saying about American Promise, which is streaming free on POV's website until March 6, 2014.
- 'American Promise' Screening & Panel on Capitol Hill Join us at the Rayburn House Office Building in Washington, D.C. this Wednesday, February 5th for a panel discussion and screening of select clips from American Promise.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'American Promise' Premieres Tonight American Promise premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit for easy ways to help spread the word.
- Upcoming POV Screenings POV films screenings are happening across the country next week, including a congressional screening and panel discussion of American Promise in Washington, D.C. Check out our Local Events Map for a complete list of upcoming screenings near you.
- February 2014 POV Streaming Films Check out which POV films you can stream for free this month, including our February 3, 2014 broadcast, American Promise, Racing Dreams, Reportero and more!
- Next on POV: American Promise American Promise spans 13 years as middle-class African-American parents turn their cameras on their son and his best friend through one of the most prestigious private schools in the country. Premieres Monday, February 3, 2014 on PBS stations. Watch online for free starting February 4, 2014.
- Join a Live Online Screening of American Promise with Filmmakers Michèle Stephenson and Joe Brewster Ask questions to the filmmakers and subjects featured in American Promise along with select partner organizations during our live OVEE screening on Tuesday, February 4 from 7-9 PM ET (4-6 PM PT).
- Play Now: The Reportero Challenge: Do You Have What It Takes? Do you have what it takes to be the editor of a newspaper in Tijuana, Mexico? Take The Reportero Challenge and find out.
- Filmgate 2014 Highlights POV's Digital History & Future The cross-media conference's POV Digital retrospective puts the spotlight on the evolution of documentary engagement and new media. Feb. 1 - Feb. 5, 2014, in Miami.