Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Announcing the POV Hackathon 6 Participants' Choice Winner… Congrats to The World In Ten Blocks, POV Hackathon 6 Participants' Choice Award Winner!
- Upcoming POV screenings It's a cross-cultural kind of week, with diverse screenings happening from New York to Michigan. Eager to join the conversation? Visit our local events calendar to browse events by zip code.
- International Students at The New School Screen and Discuss 'Last Train Home' In celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, POV intern Tomas Uribe and the International Student Society and Advisory board screened Last Train Home at The New School. Tomas reports back on the screening and discussion on migration and human rights.
- POV Hackathon 5: Explore the Prototypes and the Technology Six teams "re-invented the documentary" at POV's latest weekend laboratory of nonfiction storytelling and technology.
- And the POV Hackathon 5 Participants' Choice Winner Is… Congrats to Noriginals, POV Hackathon 5 Participants' Choice Award Winners!
- Mother's Day Streaming: Watch “Me & You” Watch Me & You, a new animated short from StoryCorps, now streaming on POV.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Libraries and community centers across the country are sparking dialogue with POV films next week. Want to join the conversation? Visit our local events calendar to browse events by zip code.
- POV Hackathon: Last Call for Volunteers! Want a behind-the-scenes look into the creation of interactive documentaries? Volunteer for POV Hackathon 5 or 6 in New York or Los Angeles!
- POV Hackathon 6: The Projects! Five teams of media creators and technologists have been selected to participate in POV Hackathon 6. RSVP to attend the May 18 Los Angeles Screening at The Hub LA.
- Film Presence and After Tiller: An Outreach Case Study for Filmmakers Our friends at IFP, Film Presence and the filmmakers of After Tiller treated a packed house at the Made in NY Media Center by IFP to an illuminating case study of the film’s outreach campaign and audience-building strategy.
- Upcoming POV Screenings From Florida to Wisconsin and California, screenings are happening at all ends of the country this week. Visit our local events calendar to browse events by zip code.
- POV Hackathon 5: The Projects! Six teams of media creators and technologists have been selected to participate in POV Hackathon 5. RSVP to attend the May 11 New York City screening at the Center for Social Innovation.
- See the Film, See the Star: Searching for Sugar Man and Rodriguez See the film, then see the star – in concert! Searching for Sugar Man screens for free in Millburn, NJ on April 30th, then see the film's star, Rodriguez, in concert at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Autism Awareness month is in full swing in California, with screenings of Neurotypical and Best Kept Secret happening throughout the week. Visit our local events calendar to see all upcoming screenings nationwide or join our Community Network and host your own screening!
- Upcoming POV Screenings 'American Promise' and 'Neurotypical' take the lead this week, with screenings and discussions centering around social and emotional development happening throughout the nation. Check out our local events calendar for a full listing of upcoming screenings nationwide or join our Community Network and host your own screening!
- Apply for Britdoc's PUMA Impact Award Our friends at Britdoc are bringing back The PUMA Impact Award for the 4th year. Submit your film before April 28th to this annual prize honoring the best in documentary filmmaking for social change.
- Now Accepting Submissions: POV Digital Documentaries POV is seeking digital documentaries from independent media creators and technologists that push the boundaries of nonfiction media. Submit projects by May 30, 2014.
- We're Hiring a Technology Fellow in POV Digital! Part of a new set of initiatives at POV to re-imagine digital storytelling with an investment from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. Apply by May 16, 2014.