Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Upcoming POV Screenings Autism Awareness month is in full swing in California, with screenings of Neurotypical and Best Kept Secret happening throughout the week. Visit our local events calendar to see all upcoming screenings nationwide or join our Community Network and host your own screening!
- Upcoming POV Screenings 'American Promise' and 'Neurotypical' take the lead this week, with screenings and discussions centering around social and emotional development happening throughout the nation. Check out our local events calendar for a full listing of upcoming screenings nationwide or join our Community Network and host your own screening!
- Apply for Britdoc's PUMA Impact Award Our friends at Britdoc are bringing back The PUMA Impact Award for the 4th year. Submit your film before April 28th to this annual prize honoring the best in documentary filmmaking for social change.
- Now Accepting Submissions: POV Digital Documentaries POV is seeking digital documentaries from independent media creators and technologists that push the boundaries of nonfiction media. Submit projects by May 30, 2014.
- We're Hiring a Technology Fellow in POV Digital! Part of a new set of initiatives at POV to re-imagine digital storytelling with an investment from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. Apply by May 16, 2014.
- POV Reimagines the Documentary – Again Cross-posted from Knight Blog, the blog of the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. Since its earliest days, POV has been an exercise in bridging independent voices and the public by offering new tools and technology for storytelling and engagement.
- POV's “Girl Model” Is Nominated for a 2014 Webby Award! Help Us Win! Vote by April 24 for the online documentary that's been called "essential viewing for adolescent girls," "a brilliant exposé of a dangerous business," and "an alarming documentary about the trafficking of Russian child models."
- Facing History and Ourselves Hosts Webinar with Sticks and Stones Author Emily Bazelon This Wednesday, join Facing History and Ourselves for a webinar with Emily Bazelon, author of Sticks and Stones: Defeating the Culture of Bullying and Rediscovering the Power of Character.
- POV’s 2015 Call for Entries is Officially Open! Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2015 broadcast season and beyond. The deadline for submission is Monday, June 30, 2014.
- Librarians: Have a 'Biblioburro' Screening for a Chance to Receive the Book! The first 3 librarians that sign up to host a community screening of Biblioburro: The Donkey Library will receive a copy of Waiting for Biblioburro for their branch!
- Watch Now! Irma & The Whistle – Two New Documentary Shorts from POV Watch the CPH:DOX SHORT:DOX Award-winning Irma by Charles Fairbanks and the Sundance Film Festival Short Film Grand Jury Prize-winning The Whistle by Grzegorz Zariczny.
- Upcoming American Graduate PBS Station Screenings PBS stations across the country are organizing screenings, discussions and special events around 'American Promise' and 'Brooklyn Castle' to delve into issues of after-school programming, graduation rates, the black male achievement gap and more. Join the conversation and check out these upcoming events near you.
- Upcoming POV screenings Women's History Month ends on a good note this week with several screenings of films about strong women taking place across the country. Visit our local events calendar for a full listing of upcoming New York and nationwide screenings. You can also host a screening of your own by joining our Community Network!
- Watch Films from POV Alumni at Tribeca and Full Frame this April! Great new films from POV alumni will screen in the coming weeks at the Tribeca Film Festival and Full Frame Documentary Film Festival.
- Announcing POV’s 2014 Season of Documentaries (Part 2) POV's 2014 documentaries show how art can both heal and surprise, uncover hidden histories and jog a nation's conscience. Mondays on PBS starting June 23, 2014.
- American Promise Goes to the United Nations Last week, the American Promise filmmakers went to the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland for the 25th Session of Human Rights Council. Read more about the session and their panel discussion on "The Right to Education."
- Upcoming POV Screenings American Promise community screenings are taking place across New York State this week! Visit our local events calendar for a full listing of upcoming New York and nationwide screenings. You can also host a screening of your own by joining our Community Network!
- Upcoming POV Screenings Documentaries featuring strong women are a popular choices for screenings across the country, with Women's History Month in full swing. Visit our local events calendar for a full listing and join our Community Network to host a screening of your own!