Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Watch 'a.k.a Don Bonus' and 'Kelly Loves Tony' Now Streaming for Free at POV a.k.a. Don Bonus and Kelly Loves Tony by Emmy award-winning filmmaker Spencer Nakasako are now available for free streaming on the POV website.
- Coming Soon to POV: The Law in These Parts The Law in These Parts traces development of Israel’s system of military justice in the West Bank and Gaza. Premieres Monday, August 19, 2013 on PBS stations.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'High Tech, Low Life' Premieres Tonight High Tech, Low Life premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit to join them.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Check out these free upcoming screenings of POV documentaries happening near you, including a screening and Q&A with the director of Homegoings at the Princeton Public Library.
- We're Giving Away Bundles of POV DVDs for the High Tech, Low Life Broadcast! Enter for a chance to win the High Tech, Low Life DVD, plus a bundle of other POV DVDs and prizes!
- 45 POV Documentaries You Can Watch Free This Weekend! What are you watching this weekend? Eight POV feature docs and 37 short documentaries are streaming online free right now at POV.
- Next on POV: High Tech Low Life High Tech Low Life follows two of China’s first citizen-reporters as they document the underside of the country’s rapid economic development. Premieres Monday, July 22, 2013 on PBS stations.
- High Tech, Low Life: Live Chat with Filmmaker Stephen Maing and Subject Zola Join the #docchat Twitter chat with High Tech Low Life director Stephen Maing on Tuesday, July 23 from 5-7 PM ET (2-4 PM PT).
- Critical Acclaim for 'Only the Young' – Available for Streaming Through August 14 Read what critics have been saying about POV's Only the Young, a film about three teens in a Southern California town who wrestle with questions of love and friendship along with adult realities of financial uncertainty. Now streaming free for a limited time.
- Music and 'Only the Young': Listen & Share Your #myHSsoundtrack The music in Only the Young made us think about the role of music in documentary – and in narratives about growing up. Listen to the High School Soundtracks of the main subjects of Only the Young, then share your #myHSsoundtrack with the POV community.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'Only the Young' and 'xoxosms' Premiere Tonight Only the Young premieres tonight with the short film, xoxosms, on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the films. Use our partner toolkit to join them.
- Only the Young: Live Chat with Filmmaker Elizabeth Mims Ask questions during our online chat with Only the Young co-director Elizabeth Mims on Tuesday, July 16, 2013, from 7:30-8:30PM ET (4:30-5:30PM PT).
- Enter for a chance to win the Only the Young & xoxosms DVDs! Watch Only the Young and xoxsms and enter for a chance to win the DVDs and other great prizes!
- Next on POV: 'Only the Young' and 'xoxosms' Three teens in a Southern California town wrestle with questions of love and friendship along with adult realities of financial uncertainty. Premieres Monday, July 15, 2013, on PBS stations, along with the short xoxosms.
- POV Films Receive 9 Emmy Nominations Including Nostalgia for the Light for Best Documentary! POV has received 9 nominations in the 34th Annual News & Documentary Emmy® Awards! PBS received 45 nominations in total.
- Struggles: The Making of 'Only the Young' Filmmaker Elizabeth Mims shares advice for first-time directors as she takes POV behind the scenes of Only the Young.
- 4 Don'ts for Teen Filmmakers Making Their First Documentary Based on the experience of making his short doc Little Steps, Project VoiceScape alumnus and Tribeca Film Fellow Matthew Seife offers four warnings for young filmmakers.
- First Film Tips: Morgan Wilcock Morgan Wilcock, whose short documentary This Gay And Age was part of the 2012 PBS Online Film Festival, offers suggestions for other teen filmmakers.