Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- 30 Ways to Use the POV Community Network How to use our new-and-improved POV Community Network to discuss pressing social issues in your community.
- Featured Event: '4.1 Miles' and 'Last Men in Aleppo' at the Downtown Islamic Center Join the Downtown Islamic Center of Chicago for a free screening of '4.1 Miles' and 'Last Men in Aleppo.'
- PBS Annual Meeting Discussion Highlight: “Making Independent Films Work For Your Station” The first in a four-part series highlighting case studies of PBS station engagement with independent documentaries from this year's PBS Annual Meeting.
- How to Use POV Assistant: Our Chatbot for Facebook, Amazon and Google! Get vital information about PBS's POV with our chatbot as it grows in its features and capabilities.
- Five Films for Father's Day Celebrate Father's Day with these five POV films about fatherhood and parenting.
- Featured Event: 'The Genius of Marian' at the Ukiah Library Join the Ukiah Library for a free screening of "The Genius of Marian."
- Five Films to Honor LGBT Pride Month Celebrate Pride Month by watching these five POV films featuring LGBT stories!
- Featured Event: 'The Return' with Project Return Join Project Return at the Nashville Public Library for a free screening of 'The Return.'
- Honor World Refugee Day with Five POV Films on the Syrian War and Global Refugee Crisis Honor World Refugee Day on June 20th by screening new films about the Syrian refugee crisis and using POV resources to start dialogue in your community.
- POV's 2018 Call for Entries Is Now Open! Films submitted to this open call will be considered for the 2018 broadcast season and beyond. The deadline for submission is Friday, June 23, 2016.
- POV's 30th Season of Films Available for Sneak Preview Screenings Community organizations and libraries can host screenings before films' broadcasts on PBS - for free.
- 7 Films to Celebrate Jewish American Heritage Month May is Jewish American Heritage Month, a national month of recognition of the more than 360-year history of Jewish contributions to American history and culture.
- Watch Free: Five Documentaries to Stream in May Discover new and classic films at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- From the Archives: Follow 30 Years of POV History on Instagram Join us on Instagram (@povdocs) for a daily dive into our archive of 30 years.
- Community Spotlight: Joe's Violin at JCC Manhattan Set to premiere on POV July 24, Joe’s Violin captures the history behind the violin Joe once traded for a pack of cigarettes in a camp for displaced persons, and documents the unlikely friendship he forges with 12-year-old Bronx girl Brianna Perez after he donates the violin to an instrument drive.
- Eight Independent Documentaries To Stream for Free This Spring Discover new and classic films at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: The Color of Change is #LOVE Edythe Boone is an artist/activist driven by the practice of engaging others through public art and mural making.
- Featured Event: Hooligan Sparrow at Cultivate Cinema Circle, Buffalo Featured Event: Join Cultivate Cinema Circle for a free screening of Nanfu Wang's Hooligan Sparrow!