Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Featured Event: Buddhist Pathways Prison Project Screens 'The Return' Join Buddhist Pathway Prison Project for a free screening of 'The Return', as part of their Summer 2016 Film Series.
- Happy Fourth from POV and America Reframed: Civic Engagement is Patriotic As a part of our mission, POV and America ReFramed believe that presenting the remarkable stories of civically-engaged Americans contributes to our democracy.
- Featured Event: Monroe Township Public Library Presents 'All the Difference' Join the Monroe Township Public Library for a free screening of 'All the Difference,' as part of their Summer 2016 Film Series.
- The Return: Resentencing, Reentry Support, and a Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Evolving Roles The Return is a POV documentary that focuses on both the returnees and the lawyers of Stanford Law School’s Three Strikes Project. Director of the Penn Program on Documentaries and the Law, Regina Austin, speculates the lawyers' motives for involving themselves and their clients in the documentary.
- POV Remembers Pam White, Who Shared Her Journey through Alzheimer's with the World The Genius of Marian, which broadcast on POV in 2014, is an intimate, visually rich and emotionally complex story told through the eyes of director Banker White and his wife Anna Fitch as Banker's mother, Pam White, is diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's.
- 'Almost Sunrise' NYC Premiere at Human Rights Watch Film Festival On Monday, June 13, Human Rights Watch Film Festival hosted the New York City premiere of 'Almost Sunrise' at the Film Society of Lincoln Center.
- Marathon County Public Library Presents 'Out in the Night' Join the Marathon County Public Library for a free screening of 'Out in the Night', in celebration of LGBT Pride Month.
- Featured Event: Bronx Documentary Presents 'My Way to Olympia' Join the Bronx Documentary Center for a free screening of My Way to Olympia, as part of their 1st Annual Sports Film Series.
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Six questions with 'College Week' filmmaker Derek Grace At its core, College Week instills in young children a sense of self-worth and the idea that they can accomplish amazing things in life. The majority of these children don’t have positive role models who place an emphasis on education. In fact, teachers may be the only people in their immediate circles who can impart a love of learning and have completed higher education.
- Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children Presents 'The Return' Join Communities and Relatives of Illinois Incarcerated Children for a free screening of 'The Return'.
- DCTV's 'Confines That Bind' Screening Series Presents 'The Return' DCTV's 'Confines That Bind' screening series explores incarceration and criminal justice reform through documentary film in their landmark firehouse in downtown Manhattan.
- 3 Ways to Start a Dialogue About Traumatic Stress for National PTSD Awareness Month POV has created a number of free resources to help foster open dialogue around PTSD and traumatic stress in your community
- 5 Films to Celebrate LGBT Pride Month POV takes a look at a number of films from our archive that shed light on the ongoing issues related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
- Featured Event: Amnesty International Honolulu Presents 'The Storm Makers' Join Amnesty International's Honolulu Chapter for a free screening of 'The Storm Makers,' as part of their Human Rights Film Festival.
- POV Announces 2016 POV Digital Labs for New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco; Now Seeking Teams of Storyteller/Hackers Applications are due Aug. 19 for the 2016 POV Digital Labs in New York City (Sept. 24-25), Los Angeles (Oct. 15-16) and San Francisco (Oct. 29-30) #povlab
- Featured Event: Dream Resource Center and the UCLA Downtown Labor Center Presents 'Don't Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie)' Where: UCLA Dream Resource Center – Los Angeles, CA When: Monday, May 23rd @ 6:00pm Don’t Tell Anyone (No Le Digas a Nadie) by Mikaela Shwer Join the Dream Resource Center and the UCLA Downtown Labor Center for a free screening of Don’t Tell Anyone, in honor of Immigrant Day. The screening will be followed by a […]
- AMERICA REFRAMED UNFILTERED: Kenneth Eng and self-realization through documentary “My father’s story would fall on my deaf ears until I returned to China with him,” says Eng. “During my entire childhood, I couldn't comprehend the magnitude of his story until I saw it with my own eyes. It's only now that I am beginning to understand and truly value his selfless act.”
- POV Is Streaming 100+ Independent Documentary Films Free Online This Season Discover new and classic films at pov.org/video and on the POV channel on your PBS app.