Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Coming Soon to POV: High Tech Low Life High Tech, Low Life follows two of China’s first citizen-reporters as they document the underside of the country’s rapid economic development. Premieres Monday, July 22, 2013 on PBS stations.
- Next on POV: Special Flight A dramatic account of the plight of undocumented foreigners. Premieres Monday, July 1, 2013, on PBS stations.
- Critical Acclaim for ‘Homegoings’ – Airs 6/24 on PBS Read what critics and journalists have to say about Homegoings. Through the eyes of Harlem funeral director Isaiah Owens, the beauty and grace of African-American funerals are brought to life
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours – “Homegoings” Premieres Tonight on POV See our Storify round-up for how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the film. Use our partner toolkit to join them.
- Homegoings: Live Chat with Filmmaker Christine Turner Ask questions during our online chat with Homegoings Director Christine Turner on Thursday, June 27 from 7-8pm.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Be sure to check out the theatrical premiere of Homegoings during its week-long run at the Maysles Cinema as well as several other local screenings across the country featuring films from POV's upcoming season.
- Next on POV: 'Homegoings' Mark your calendars! On June 24, at 10 PM, POV will present the national broadcast premiere of the moving documentary Homegoings on PBS.
- Coming Soon to POV: Only the Young Coming Soon to POV: Jason Tippet and Elizabeth Mims' Only the Young has its national broadcast premiere on PBS on July 15, 2013. The film will be available for streaming on the POV website starting July 16, 2013.
- Upcoming POV Screenings See films from POV's upcoming season, including DocYard's screening of Herman's House, followed by a Q&A with filmmaker Angad Singh Bhalla, and register for the Harlem premiere of Homegoings at the historic Apollo Theater!
- Coming Soon to POV: Herman's House What began as a game turned into an interrogation of justice and punishment in America. A moving account of an unending struggle for freedom and a means of expression found in a visual artist. Premieres Monday, July 8, 2013 on PBS stations.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Catch free sneak-preview screenings of Homegoings and High Tech, Low Life from POV's upcoming 26th season in your community. To find screenings near you, check out our Local Screenings Map.
- Coming Soon to POV: Special Flight Special Flight is a dramatic account of the plight of undocumented foreigners at the Frambois detention center in Geneva, Switzerland. Premieres July 1, 2013 on PBS stations. Learn more about asylum seekers and laws on POV's website.
- Upcoming POV Screenings From Chinese citizen journalism in 'High Tech, Low Life' to African American funeral traditions in 'Homegoings', don't miss upcoming screenings of POV's 26th season this week. For more screenings across the country, check out our Local Screenings map.
- Coming Soon to POV: Homegoings Homegoings looks at the rich cultural traditions of African-American funerals. Premieres June 24, 2013 on PBS stations. The conversation about funeral practices continues on POV's website.
- Preview POV's 26th Season on PBS Grab a sneak peek at the films in the POV lineup for summer 2013! POV's 26th season on PBS premieres June 24, 2013 at 10PM with 'Homegoings.'
- Upcoming POV Screenings As Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month comes to a close, celebrate with POV screenings at the Chicago Public Library and San Jose Peace and Justice Center. For more screenings across the country, check out our Local Screenings map.
- Upcoming POV Screenings From Alcatraz to the ports of Alexandria, join POV fans across the country as they host film screenings. For a screening near you, check out our Local Screenings map!
- Call for Stories: Share Your Family's Funeral Traditions with POV POV is asking for your help to build a national shrine to funeral traditions, representing the cultures, regions and religions of American communities. Learn how you can share your family's story with the PBS viewers!