Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Watch & Vote for Ars Magna Watch and vote for Ars Magna. Nominated for a News and Documentary Emmy® Award, Ars Magna enters into the obsessive and fascinating world of anagrams with a man who took the first three lines of Hamlet’s “To Be or Not to Be” and created what has been called “the world’s greatest anagram.”
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Watch & Vote for CatCam Watch and vote for CatCam, where an engineer straps a camera on a stray cat in North Carolina and inadvertently creates a media sensation.
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Watch & Vote for Sin País Watch and vote for Sin País. Winner of a 2012 Student Academy Award®, Sin País explores a family’s experience as members are separated by deportation.
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Watch & Vote for Sound of Vision Watch and vote for Sound of Vision, where a blind musician spends his waking hours confronting the hurdles and embracing the cacophony of “The City That Never Sleeps” — New York — which he will never see.
- PBS 2013 Online Film Festival: Vote to Determine the People's Choice Winner All of the films from PBS's second Online Film Festival are now online! Watch and vote for your favorite shorts!
- Upcoming POV Screenings Don't miss out on a chance to take a look at the life of an icon of counter-culture with Chicago Public Library's screening of 'Patti Smith: Dream of Life,' or learn about civil injustice during World War II with the Gnu's Room's screening of 'Of Civil Wrongs and Rights'.
- Two Filmmakers Reinvent Their Approach for “Reinvention Stories,” a Web Documentary "It's crazy for us to go from dedicated long-form documentarians... and here we are, supposed to make something in an environment where you can click off any time you want." - Julia Reichert
- Upcoming POV Screenings Don't miss out on a bountiful selection of POV documentary films across the country, from the University of Portland's screening of 'Señorita Extraviada' to Chicago Public Library's screening of 'Guilty Pleasures.'
- Apply to POV Hackathon 3 by March 12! POV Hackathon 3 will take place April 13-14, 2013, in New York City. If you're a filmmaker, developer or designer interested in cross-platform, web-based storytelling, apply to be part of it by March 12!
- Win Tickets to Watch POV Films at MoMA Documentary Fortnight The Museum of Modern Art is celebrating 25 years of POV with a special program, MoMA Selects: POV from Wednesday, Feb. 27 - Monday, March 4, 2013, as part of its Documentary Fortnight 2013 program.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Whether it's celebrating Black History Month with Southern University at New Orleans' screening of 'I'm Carolyn Parker' or indulging in 'Guilty Pleasures' at Hollins University's Wyndham Robertson Library, don't miss out on these great POV documentary films.
- Watch 'Guilty Pleasures,' 'Ars Magna,' 'The Learning' and 'Biblioburro' Free Online! POV fans can now stream the documentaries Guilty Pleasures, Ars Magna, The Learning and Biblioburro for free!
- Upcoming POV Screenings Don't miss out as documentary lovers flock to POV screenings across the country this week, from Oklahoma State University CineCulture's screening of 'The Light in Her Eyes' to 'The Barber of Birmingham' screening with the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Watch CatCam Online at POV! Mr. Lee is an adopted stray cat that routinely disappears from his North Carolina home. Where does he go? An engineer straps a camera to the cat and inadvertently creates a media sensation. (U.S. only)
- How to Receive Documentary News and More from POV on Facebook So you've liked POV on Facebook, but for some reason you are not receiving our updates on films, screening and general documentary news. You can change that!
- Using a Film to Nail a Dictator Pamela Yates, director of Granito: How to Nail a Dictator, describes the way that her film was used as evidence to bring General Efraín Ríos Montt to trial for genocide in Guatemala.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Join fellow documentary lovers over the next week for POV screening events across the country, from New Orleans, Louisiana to New Holland, Pennsylvania.
- Video en línea de Reportero extendido a México: 1 al 6 de febrero del 2013 Por tiempo limitado, el público en México podrá ver el video en línea de Reportero completamente gratis. Disponible del 1 al 6 de febrero del 2013.