Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Next on POV: 'Only the Young' and 'xoxosms' Three teens in a Southern California town wrestle with questions of love and friendship along with adult realities of financial uncertainty. Premieres Monday, July 15, 2013, on PBS stations, along with the short xoxosms.
- POV Films Receive 9 Emmy Nominations Including Nostalgia for the Light for Best Documentary! POV has received 9 nominations in the 34th Annual News & Documentary Emmy® Awards! PBS received 45 nominations in total.
- Struggles: The Making of 'Only the Young' Filmmaker Elizabeth Mims shares advice for first-time directors as she takes POV behind the scenes of Only the Young.
- 4 Don'ts for Teen Filmmakers Making Their First Documentary Based on the experience of making his short doc Little Steps, Project VoiceScape alumnus and Tribeca Film Fellow Matthew Seife offers four warnings for young filmmakers.
- First Film Tips: Morgan Wilcock Morgan Wilcock, whose short documentary This Gay And Age was part of the 2012 PBS Online Film Festival, offers suggestions for other teen filmmakers.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Herman's House' – Available for Streaming Through August 7 Read what critics have been saying about POV's Herman's House, a film about Herman Wallace, who has spent more than 40 years in a 6' x 9' prison cell. He works with artist Jackie Sumell to imagine his "dream home," questioning justice and punishment in America. Now streaming free for a limited time.
- Watch POV Docs and Enter for a Chance to Win Prizes Watch POV's Season 26 films and enter for a chance to win a Premiere Party Pack, including signed DVDs and posters, plus popcorn, chocolate, coffee and more.
- POV Hackathon 4: The Projects! For POV Hackathon 4, teams of filmmakers and developers will be challenged to create web documentary prototypes in a single weekend. Here's more about the five selected projects and their teams.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours 'Herman's House' Premieres Tonight on PBS Herman's House premieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the film. Use our partner toolkit to join them.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Special Flight' – Available for Streaming Through July 31 Read what critics have been saying about POV's Special Flight, a film about the plight of undocumented foreigners at a Swiss detention center. Now streaming free for a limited time.
- Herman's House: Live Chat with Filmmaker Angad Bhalla Join the #docchat Twitter chat with Herman's House director Angad Bhalla on Tuesday, July 9 from 3-5 PM ET (Noon-2 PM PT).
- Coming Soon to POV: Neurotypical Neurotypical is an unprecedented exploration of autism from the point of view of autistic people themselves. Premieres Monday, July 22, 2013 on PBS stations.
- Next on POV: Herman's House In Herman's House, what began as a game turned into an interrogation of justice and punishment in America. Premieres Monday, July 8, 2013 on PBS stations.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours 'Special Flight' Premieres Tonight on POV Special Flightpremieres tonight on PBS. Check out our Storify round-up to see how people are using Tweets and Facebook posts to let their community know about the film. Use our partner toolkit to join them.
- Special Flight: Live Chat with Filmmaker Fernand Melgar Ask questions during our online chat with Special Flight Director Fernand Melgar on Tuesday, July 2, 2013, from 11AM-12PM ET (8AM-9AM PT).
- Upcoming POV Screenings Beat the heat and catch films from POV's 26th season playing in your community.
- Coming Soon to POV: High Tech Low Life High Tech, Low Life follows two of China’s first citizen-reporters as they document the underside of the country’s rapid economic development. Premieres Monday, July 22, 2013 on PBS stations.
- Next on POV: Special Flight A dramatic account of the plight of undocumented foreigners. Premieres Monday, July 1, 2013, on PBS stations.