Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Classroom Resources for Earth Day and Asian-Pacific American Heritage Featured on POV's 'Educators' Page Celebrate Earth Day and Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month in the classroom with POV films and resources. Finding the perfect film is easy with POV’s new 'Featured Themes' collections.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Grab your coffee and Berger Cookies as 'Girl Model' screens in Baltimore and Seattle this upcoming week. Not in Baltimore or Seattle? Check out where else POV films will be showing.
- POV Hackathon 3: A Recap In April 2013, POV Hackathon 3 challenged five teams of filmmakers, developers and designers to "hack" nonfiction media, create working digital prototypes and pitch them to an audience. Here's what you missed...
- POV is an Official Honoree in the 17th Annual Webby Awards POV is an Official Honoree in the Online Film & Video: Documentary Series category of the 17th Annual Webby Awards.
- POV Hackathon 3: Explore the Prototypes View the documentary prototypes made over the span of a single weekend for POV Hackathon 3 by teams of filmmakers, developers and designers.
- Celebrate Books This Week With “Biblioburro: The Donkey Library” Join libraries across the country as they screen 'Biblioburro' in celebration of National Library Week and National Bookmobile Day.
- Now Available for Streaming: In the Family 'In the Family' will be available for free streaming on the POV website from April 15, 2013 through May 15, 2013.
- Filmmaker Joanna Rudnick on Life with the “Breast Cancer Gene” and Human Gene Patenting 'In the Family' filmmaker Joanna Rudnick gives POV an update on her health and personal life, and addresses the upcoming Supreme Court case regarding human gene patenting.
- Upcoming POV Screenings From the Gateway Arch of St. Louis to the mountains of Colorado, celebrate National Library Week with screenings of 'Biblioburro' across the country.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Over the next week our partners are hosting thought-provoking events covering a wide range of topics, from Wolf Haven International's screening and discussion of 'Sweetgrass,' to MIT's Department of Urban Studies & Planning's showing of 'Up the Yangtze' and more.
- POV Hackathon 3: The Projects! For POV Hackathon 3, teams of filmmakers and developers will be challenged to create web documentary prototypes in a single weekend. Here's more about the five selected projects and their teams.
- Upcoming POV Screenings PBS stations, universities and community organizations are hosting screenings across the country over the next week. Check out our Local Events Map to find screenings near you.
- Critical Acclaim for 'Girl Model' – Airs 3/24 on PBS Read what critics and journalists have to say about Girl Model, a film that strips away the façade of the modeling industry by following two people whose lives intersect because of it.
- A Former Model's View on the Industry Model-advocate Rachel Blais shares her experiences with the POV documentary Girl Model, the glamorous myths of modeling, and the effects of the industry on body image.
- Upcoming POV Screenings Join documentary fans across the country as they attend POV screenings ranging from intergenerational struggles within a Navajo community in 'Up Heartbreak Hill' to the ubiquitous romance novel culture in 'Guilty Pleasures'.
- Girl Model #sheparty Covers Labor and Ethics in Modeling POV joined Girl Model, the Model Alliance, the Women's Media Center and many others for a #sheparty Twitter discussion of labor regulations and ethics in the modeling industry. You can follow the discussion on Storify.
- Next on POV: 'Girl Model' Mark your calendars! On March 24, at 10 PM, POV will present the national broadcast premiere of the provocative documentary 'Girl Model' on PBS
- POV Announces Documentary Lineup For Its 26th Season on PBS Moving to Monday nights on PBS, the regular season kicks off with Homegoings and closes with Best Kept Secret, and features special presentations of 56 Up, American Promise, Brooklyn Castle and a special from StoryCorps.