Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Giveaway: Win a Ticket to Paley DocFest's Event “Documenting Power: 25 Years of Political Films on POV” Passionate about political issues? Excited about the upcoming election? Win a ticket to the Paley DocFest Event "Documenting Power: 25 Years of Political Films on POV" at The Paley Center for Media in New York City, Thursday, October 18, 2012, at 6:30pm.
- Next on POV: Sun Kissed When a Navajo couple discovers their children have a disorder that makes exposure to sunlight fatal, they also learn their reservation is a hotbed for this rare genetic disease. Why? Watch Thursday, October 18, 2012 on POV.
- Join a Social Screening of 'The Barber of Birmingham' with Filmmaker Robin Fryday Watch the Oscar-nominated short film online and ask the director. Tuesday, October 16, 2012, at 4PM ET (1PM PT).
- Watch 'Sun Kissed' on your iPad and iPhone! Just announced! You can now watch the riveting 'Sun Kissed' before the U.S. broadcast premiere on October 19, 2012 on the PBS app for iPhone and iPad!
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Join fellow documentary lovers this weekend and next week for POV screening events in Chicago, Sunnyvale, Belle Glade, New York, Ketchum, and in Columbia for a special screening of Campaign with KMOS-TV Missouri PBS.
- Next on POV: 'If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front' The Oscar-nominated film about the radical environmental group the FBI called America's "number one domestic terrorism threat" returns to PBS. Watch Thursday, October 11, 2012 on POV.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Join fellow documentary lovers this weekend and next week for POV screening events in Chino, San Francisco, Azusa, Birmingham, Schenectady and Stillwater.
- Critics Left Stunned By 'Give Up Tomorrow' Read what critics are saying about the documentary that exposes shocking corruption within the judicial system of the Philippines. Premieres October 4, 2012 on PBS.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'Give Up Tomorrow' Premieres Tonight Organizations such as The Innocence Project, Equal Justice USA and Amnesty International have let their communities on Twitter and Facebook know about tonight's POV broadcast. Join in!
- Cracking the Legal Documentary Code: A Twitter Chat with Michael Collins (Give Up Tomorrow) Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern (5 PM Pacific).
- Next on POV: Give Up Tomorrow POV returns this week with a shocking film about corruption within the judicial system of the Philippines and one of the most sensational trials in the country’s history. Premieres October 4, 2012 on PBS.
- Natalia Almada and Laura Poitras: Meet Two Documentary “Geniuses” POV congratulates filmmakers Natalia Almada and Laura Poitras for being named among the 2012 MacArthur Fellows!
- Emmy 2012: Watch the Award-Winning POV Films – Free! Looking to watch some of the best documentaries from the past year? For a limited time, we're streaming the four documentaries that won 2012 Emmy Awards, including Best Documentary Last Train Home.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Join fellow documentary lovers next week for POV screening events in San Diego, Auburn, Cambridge and New Holland.
- Watch a Sneak Preview of 'Give Up Tomorrow' on Your iPhone or iPad Just announced! You can now watch the riveting 'Give Up Tomorrow' before the U.S. broadcast premiere on October 4, 2012 on the PBS app for iPhone and iPad!
- El Velador: “After this experience, everything else seems trivial.” Read what critics have to say about the POV documentary El Velador, which is a poetic and lyrical look at the drug wars in Mexico through the eyes of Martin, a man who watches over the mausoleums that house some of Mexico's most notorious drug lords. Premieres September 27, 2012, on PBS.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'El Velador' Premieres Tonight Organizations around the country are spreading the word about the September 27, 2012, broadcast of El Velador on PBS using POV's partner toolkit. Find how you can join in.
- Emmy 2012: Watch Best Documentary Emmy Nominee 'Last Train Home' Last Train Home takes viewers on a heart-stopping journey with the Zhangs, a couple who left infant children behind for factory jobs 16 years ago, hoping their wages would lift their children to a better life. Watch now!