Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Next on POV: 'Nostalgia for the Light' Archaeologists dig for ancient civilizations, women search for their loved ones and astronomers scan the skies for new galaxies. Premieres Thursday, October 25, 2012 on PBS.
- Giveaway: Win Tickets to Paley DocFest's “Documentary Pitch Competition” Enter by 5 PM ET for a chance to win tickets to the Paley DocFest "Documentary Pitch Competition" on Saturday October 20, 2012.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Join fellow documentary lovers over the next week for POV screening events in San Diego, Dunmore, Sayville, Cambridge, and Brookings.
- Sun Kissed: “It personalizes the ways in which the past lives in the present.” Read what critics have to say about the POV documentary Sun Kissed, which follows a Navajo couple as they uncover a hidden link between their children’s rare genetic disorder and the American government’s conquest of their tribe. Premieres October 18, 2012, on PBS.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'Sun Kissed' Premieres Tonight Organizations such as the Global Genes Project, Genetic Alliance, American Indian Physicians, XP Family Support Group, and American Indian Community House have let their communities on Twitter, Facebook, and blogs know about tonight’s POV broadcast. Join in!
- Watch 'Nostalgia for the Light' on your iPad or iPhone Starting Oct. 19! You can watch the critically-acclaimed 'Nostalgia for the Light' starting October 19, 2012 on the PBS app for iPhone and iPad!
- Giveaway: Win a Ticket to Paley DocFest's Event “Documenting Power: 25 Years of Political Films on POV” Passionate about political issues? Excited about the upcoming election? Win a ticket to the Paley DocFest Event "Documenting Power: 25 Years of Political Films on POV" at The Paley Center for Media in New York City, Thursday, October 18, 2012, at 6:30pm.
- Next on POV: Sun Kissed When a Navajo couple discovers their children have a disorder that makes exposure to sunlight fatal, they also learn their reservation is a hotbed for this rare genetic disease. Why? Watch Thursday, October 18, 2012 on POV.
- Join a Social Screening of 'The Barber of Birmingham' with Filmmaker Robin Fryday Watch the Oscar-nominated short film online and ask the director. Tuesday, October 16, 2012, at 4PM ET (1PM PT).
- Watch 'Sun Kissed' on your iPad and iPhone! Just announced! You can now watch the riveting 'Sun Kissed' before the U.S. broadcast premiere on October 19, 2012 on the PBS app for iPhone and iPad!
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Join fellow documentary lovers this weekend and next week for POV screening events in Chicago, Sunnyvale, Belle Glade, New York, Ketchum, and in Columbia for a special screening of Campaign with KMOS-TV Missouri PBS.
- Next on POV: 'If a Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front' The Oscar-nominated film about the radical environmental group the FBI called America's "number one domestic terrorism threat" returns to PBS. Watch Thursday, October 11, 2012 on POV.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Join fellow documentary lovers this weekend and next week for POV screening events in Chino, San Francisco, Azusa, Birmingham, Schenectady and Stillwater.
- Critics Left Stunned By 'Give Up Tomorrow' Read what critics are saying about the documentary that exposes shocking corruption within the judicial system of the Philippines. Premieres October 4, 2012 on PBS.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'Give Up Tomorrow' Premieres Tonight Organizations such as The Innocence Project, Equal Justice USA and Amnesty International have let their communities on Twitter and Facebook know about tonight's POV broadcast. Join in!
- Cracking the Legal Documentary Code: A Twitter Chat with Michael Collins (Give Up Tomorrow) Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern (5 PM Pacific).
- Next on POV: Give Up Tomorrow POV returns this week with a shocking film about corruption within the judicial system of the Philippines and one of the most sensational trials in the country’s history. Premieres October 4, 2012 on PBS.
- Natalia Almada and Laura Poitras: Meet Two Documentary “Geniuses” POV congratulates filmmakers Natalia Almada and Laura Poitras for being named among the 2012 MacArthur Fellows!