Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Next on POV: POV Short Cuts The popular POV Short Cuts collection of short documentaries is back! Premieres Thursday, August 9, 2012 on PBS stations, or watch them online.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “StoryCorps Audio Slideshows” The StoryCorps project team at the POV Hackathon is using the award-winning StoryCorps oral history project as its source material.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Living Los Sures” Living Los Sures examines the hardscrabble past and hidden histories of New York City's now trendy Williamsburg neighborhood.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Feed Me A Story” The POV Hackathon team members working on the Feed Me A Story project meet at the intersection of documentary, food ethnography and app development.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Op-Video” The POV Hackathon team members working on the Op-Video project have deep experience re-imaging traditional forms of journalism for the digital age.
- POV Hackathon: Know Your Hackers, “Aatsinski: The Story of Arctic Cowboys” The POV Hackathon team members working on the Aatsinki: The Story of Arctic Cowboys project include experienced media makers drawn from the worlds of linear documentary and new forms of interactive storytelling.
- POV Hackathon: Five Projects Aiming to Re-Invent the Documentary for the Web Find out more about the projects selected for POV's first hackathon, which will take place in New York City the weekend of August 11-12, 2012.
- As Thoughts of George Rise Up: Judith Helfand on Long-Time Mentor George Stoney Soon after the news of George Stoney's passing was made public, POV asked me to write a few words about him and our work together.
- Ask Director Erica Scharf About the Documentary 'Up Heartbreak Hill' Director Erica Scharf of Up Heartbreak Hill will be taking your questions live on Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM Eastern.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Looking to stay cool this weekend? Beat the heat with POV's Season 25 premieres and encores.
- 'Up Heartbreak Hill' Pulls at Critics' Heartstrings Read what critics have to say about the POV documentary Up Heartbreak Hill, which follows two Navajo teens living on a New Mexico reservation. Premieres July 26, 2012, on PBS.
- Next on POV: 'Up Heartbreak Hill' Two Navajo teens are torn between the lure of opportunities outside their remote reservation community and the cultural ties that bind them to home. Premieres Thursday, July 26, 2012 on POV.
- Documentary Filmmaking in the Middle East: A Twitter Chat with the Filmmakers of 'The Light In Her Eyes' Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, July 24, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern. The filmmakers behind 'The Light In Her Eyes' will answer questions about making documentaries in the Middle East.
- Join POV & Filmwax at The Brooklyn Museum for Jonathan Demme's I'm Carolyn Parker We're excited to begin our second year of Thursdays @ 7 screenings with the Brooklyn Museum. And this year we're glad to have Filmwax Film Series as a presenting partner!
- Community Partner Profile: Portland Public Library in Maine Portland Public Library in Portland, Maine is in its second year of organizing POV screenings and discussions. We recently talked with Programming Manager Rachael Weyand about the library, the film series and the Portland community.
- Next on POV: 'The Light In Her Eyes' A portrait of a leader, filmed before the start of the Syrian uprising, who challenges women to live according to Islam without giving up their dreams. Premieres Thursday, July 19, 2012 on POV.
- Critics Say This POV Doc Opens Eyes and Sheds Light on Islamic Women The Light in Her Eyes premieres tomorrow night, July 19, 2012, on PBS stations. Read what critics are saying about the film.
- Love, Hate or Relate: Viewers React to 'Guilty Pleasures' Julie Moggan's Guilty Pleasures premiered on POV last week, starting on July 12, 2012. Some viewers took a cue from the documentary and fell in love with the film. Others were turned off by the film's portrayal of romance readers and authors.