Find out more about past and upcoming POV films!
Did you know? Many POV films are available free to stream online and on mobile devices. Visit POV’s Watch Video page or download the PBS mobile app for iPhone or iPad, and see which films are available today!
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'Give Up Tomorrow' Premieres Tonight Organizations such as The Innocence Project, Equal Justice USA and Amnesty International have let their communities on Twitter and Facebook know about tonight's POV broadcast. Join in!
- Cracking the Legal Documentary Code: A Twitter Chat with Michael Collins (Give Up Tomorrow) Join the #docchat Twitter chat on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012, at 8 PM Eastern (5 PM Pacific).
- Next on POV: Give Up Tomorrow POV returns this week with a shocking film about corruption within the judicial system of the Philippines and one of the most sensational trials in the country’s history. Premieres October 4, 2012 on PBS.
- Natalia Almada and Laura Poitras: Meet Two Documentary “Geniuses” POV congratulates filmmakers Natalia Almada and Laura Poitras for being named among the 2012 MacArthur Fellows!
- Emmy 2012: Watch the Award-Winning POV Films – Free! Looking to watch some of the best documentaries from the past year? For a limited time, we're streaming the four documentaries that won 2012 Emmy Awards, including Best Documentary Last Train Home.
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings Join fellow documentary lovers next week for POV screening events in San Diego, Auburn, Cambridge and New Holland.
- Watch a Sneak Preview of 'Give Up Tomorrow' on Your iPhone or iPad Just announced! You can now watch the riveting 'Give Up Tomorrow' before the U.S. broadcast premiere on October 4, 2012 on the PBS app for iPhone and iPad!
- El Velador: “After this experience, everything else seems trivial.” Read what critics have to say about the POV documentary El Velador, which is a poetic and lyrical look at the drug wars in Mexico through the eyes of Martin, a man who watches over the mausoleums that house some of Mexico's most notorious drug lords. Premieres September 27, 2012, on PBS.
- Spread the Word in the Final Hours! 'El Velador' Premieres Tonight Organizations around the country are spreading the word about the September 27, 2012, broadcast of El Velador on PBS using POV's partner toolkit. Find how you can join in.
- Emmy 2012: Watch Best Documentary Emmy Nominee 'Last Train Home' Last Train Home takes viewers on a heart-stopping journey with the Zhangs, a couple who left infant children behind for factory jobs 16 years ago, hoping their wages would lift their children to a better life. Watch now!
- Watch a Sneak Preview of 'El Velador' on Your iPhone or iPad Just announced! You can now watch Natalia Almada's striking 'El Velador (The Night Watchman)' before the U.S. broadcast premiere on September 27, 2012 on the PBS app for iPhone and iPad!
- Emmy 2012: Watch Best Documentary Emmy Nominee 'Armadillo' For six months, often while under fire, Janus Metz and cameraman Lars Skree captured the lives of young soldiers fighting the Taliban in a hostile and confusing environment. Watch now!
- Next on POV: 'El Velador' Natalia Almada returns to POV with a beautiful and mesmerizing new film about violence without violence. Premieres Thursday, September 27, 2012 on POV.
- Emmy 2012: Watch Four Best Documentary Nominees Now Streaming on POV! Good news doc lovers! POV is pleased to announce streaming of many of its documentaries up for Emmy awards this year, including the four POV films that are up for Best Documentary!
- Upcoming POV Documentary Screenings As we slowly transition into fall, community partners across the nation are hosting public screenings of POV Season 25 premieres and films from the archive. Here are a few events to check out this weekend and throughout the week.
- Critics Praise 'I'm Carolyn Parker: The Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful' Read what critics have to say about the POV documentary I'm Carolyn Parker: The Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful, which follows one woman as she struggles to rebuild her home after Hurricane Katrina. Premieres September 21, 2012, on PBS.
- Birmingham Public Library Hosts Civil Rights Activists at Fall Screening Series In anticipation of the presidential elections, the Birmingham Public Library is hosting a special screening series of The Barber of Birmingham: Foot Soldier of the Civil Rights Movement across fourteen branches in September and October.
- Next on POV: 'I'm Carolyn Parker: The Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful' The story of a lifelong resident of the Lower Ninth Ward who fights for the right to rebuild her home and her community. Premieres Thursday, September 20, 2012 on POV.